IGAVANIA Kickstarter! Bloodstained: Ritual of the night

Yeah, that's another thing that I'm not too keen on. From my understanding, you obtain shards by on fighting the same enemy types over and over until one randomly drops?
It's the same mechanic from several of Iga's last Castlevania games including Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, and Order of Ecclesia. It's really not all that different from farming for equipment in Symphony of the Night aside from more drops of the same soul shard increasing that shard's power. I remember my farm of the Crissaegrim taking as little as 8 minutes at one point in the original PS version, but the last time I played the Requiem version on PS4 it took me about 3 hours to get it.

THREAD NECRO!

Just letting anyone who cares know that this game is on GamePass. Hollow Knight is, too. With the next few months being kinda slow on the gaming front, now seems like a good time to delve into titles like these.

THREAD NECRO!

Just letting anyone who cares know that this game is on GamePass. Hollow Knight is, too. With the next few months being kinda slow on the gaming front, now seems like a good time to delve into titles like these.

Both are excellent.

THREAD NECRO!

Battle for Bikini Bottom Remastered comes out next week :cat:.

New update add online and local co-op and PvP modes to the game.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/692850/view/4187861970974701721
They also have added a handful of paid DLC for outfits and associated equip (including some rather risque ones; I must commend them for not censoring or altering the model) . Not just the (visible) outfit/equipment, each pack also includes weapons, crystals, and other accessories that are thematically appropriate. In addition, along with the new modes and other free content, one cosmetic pack inspired by the Shantae series of a games is available free to all! Its worth mentioning that the paid DLC cosmetic packs are reasonably priced individually, being only $2.99 each, but if you go to any of their pages on Steam there is a a bundle that you can get all 3 for like $5.91! This is not apparent from the game's main page, unlike the other bundles there - you need to go to one of the cosmetic DLC' pack pages to see the bundle for them.

At this point, there is only one other major DLC on the roadmap -
1715322635618.png
. Like the recent paid cosmetics, it is some of the only DLC that was not a Kickstarter stretch goal and therefore will also be charged. Its also a full expansion in its own right, similar in style to Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest which was a prototype multi-map open worldi-ish approach that differed from the majority of "Classic Castlevania" level-based progression up until Symphony of the Night! As someone who backed the project during Kickstarter while it hasn't been perfect ((I stil think Zangetsu's mode needs an overhaul with more content, story etc... I wish we got a proper original character instead of Aurora which is a nice collab extra but should not have more story/mechanics/features/content than some originals etc and there are some bumpy roads along the way (Linux support was promised but unceremoniously dropped after 2 years of development without a word; it is only by the grace of Valve and Proton being so capable to give a parity exprience. Also, the Switch version has performance issues but that's more of a "we have to develop an identical copy of the title for a mobile platform" issue), but overall I have great respect for how Koji Igarashi chose to develop the project

Iga held fast to the idea of delivering all the Kickstarter stretch goals despite the time, COVID19 pandemic, and myriad other issues that would have convinced others to just claim it no longer possible. Even better, he insisted that they all be FREE DLC given backers already paid as part of KS! Others advised that the studio needed more infusions of cash to create these updates, but Iga held to his plan and delivered the DLC and updates, only deploying paid DLC when the KS stretch goals were finished. Frankly, I would have been okay if they started releasing paid DLC along the way, provided it didn't confict with stretch goals, but either way it makes me wish to support Iga. Likewise, the inexpensive prices of the cosmetics are quite reasonable especially at a time when many games have normalized paying $10-20 for a single cosmetic outfit and I expect that when Classic 2: Dominique's Quest arrives it too wil be reasonably priced. If this is the end of the line for this tite, I look forward to both additional Curse of the Moon side games (excelllent alternate reality stories, told through a 2D "classicvania" approach and developed by IntiCreates) and the Ritual of the Night 2 sequel rumored to be in the works to continue the story (and likely grant playable Gebel, who's practically confirmed as an Alucard-esq style of play in both RotN and CotM/CotM2 ). Overall, definitely one of the better "metroidvania" high profile titles in recent years and Iga's honorable conduct throughout development with the players in mind.

Is there any way to turn the AA off in this game?
Depending on what you're trying to accomplish check out - https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Bloodstained:_Ritual_of_the_Night - there are quite a few fixes, mods and the like linked. However for just standard AA disable options they ARE in the options list, but if you're worried about the "blurriness" of the avatars during cinematics for instance as the link mentions that's not so much an AA issue, that's more of either an internal rendering UE issue that can be fixed with .ini tweaks, or a mod to allow certain characters to render above 1080p internally during certain scenes etc.

Last edited:
Back