MSI MEG X670E ACE - Pops the speakers when turned on.

Tanquen

[H]ard|Gawd
Many years ago I had a motherboard that did something like this. The onboard sound ended up completely failing.

It even makes a popping or thumping sound as it gets into Windows. After that it’s all good. Just wondering if it’s all MSI Meg X760E Ace boards or just mine.

I'm currently testing it out of the case. Could it be a grounding issue?

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever had a motherboard that didn't do that when using the onboard audio, even high end onboard did it.

You should not be hearing that. I’ve not had a motherboard do that. And I’ve used many boards and many speakers. Onboard sound, high end sound card, even usb sound it should not make a difference.

Have you tried different speakers or rebooting with headphones to see if it does it still?

You should not be hearing that. I’ve not had a motherboard do that. And I’ve used many boards and many speakers. Onboard sound, high end sound card, even usb sound it should not make a difference.

Have you tried different speakers or rebooting with headphones to see if it does it still?
I'm upgrading from a Gigabyte X570 AORUS XTREME that never did it. Speakers are the same.

I'm upgrading from a Gigabyte X570 AORUS XTREME that never did it. Speakers are the same.
Yea def not normal. I’d still try a pair of headphones to rule out the speakers definitively. But sounds like a suspect motherboard.

From reboot it happens 6 times, one before Windows is running. I made a video but you may have to turn it up to hear. Be carful it's on the low frequency side.
Speaker Thump

You have it plugged in directly in the back ports or 3.5 in front of your case? Could be your case if it's indirectly plugged in. I had some Logitechs that crackled and popped all the time sold them to some kid at work.

Using the ports on the back, just like I did with the Gigabyte X570 AORUS XTREME.

Back