SETI.Germany's 15th Annual Pentathlon (2024)

The pentathlon has ended!

We finished a respectable 5th for the third consecutive years.

Thanks to [H]ordes that supported the team and hope to see you all again next year. Now is a good time to give your hardware, hmm you wallets and yourselves a well deserved break ;)

1716087757728.png

1716087663844.png

Tied for our second best result, not bad :)
And we seem to be doing it with fewer people each year. I have to wonder where we'd be if the mainpage was still up.

And as pututu says, it's time for a break. My hardware and the electric bill is going to get a break for several months until the fall. The Pentathlon is my last gasp before summer hits.

About the total points for this year. Keep in mind that Ramanujan Machine has probably the lowest points of any project in BOINC. At least the lowest of any I've ever done. Also, only one event was GPU and it was short.

The amount of points put out this year is quite astounding since GPUs were basically absent.

Jeeper's final report is out.

Here is what Jeeper has to say about our team performance for this year:

Rank 5
[H]ard|OCP (4-6-4-5-6)
Previous year: #5 / Total appearances: 10
They were able to improve consistently in comparison to the previous year and the rankings show a steady performance over the course of the competition. Not much was missing for bronze in the City Run. In the future, [H] will remain a serious contender in the disciplines. However, they need to step up their game if they want to improve in the overall standings.

Back