Half-Life 3 Engine screenshots?

diarh34

Weaksauce
Saw this on pbnation

Raines8416 said:
So yea, these have been up on the internets for just about 10 minutes now, its being put up on most of the gaming sites right now got them from my inside source who will remain anonymous for now... You only have to wait another hour or so before its all over half the gaming sites though.

These are samples they send to potential investors. Screenshots taken from a real time engine demo that is being produced for Half-Life 3 and other next gen games. The engine name is currently unknown, but more info will probably surface when these get spread around more...

Underground_City_10.jpg

Underground_City_12.jpg

Underground_City_13.jpg

Underground_City_14.jpg

Amazing...They all look real, but the top one is incrediably amazing.

i can't imagine what min reqs are, but that can't run easily for a few more years at least.

Even if that was real, I don't think it looks good at all for a game.

what makes it look so good is the detail on the textures, this isnt something compx and it could be done today. instead of using flat textures on everything.

I do agree, i dont want my games looking life like.

now got them from my inside source who will remain anonymous for now...

As soon as i read that for anything, %99 of the time it is fake. just pics taken with a low ISO and long aperature.

At least these photos were better than those ones with the crowbar awhile back.

xerus` said:
At least these photos were better than those ones with the crowbar awhile back.

Yeah this the only thing I will agree with here...

I bet Valve is hardly even working on Half Life 3 engine yet, they are going to make HL2 Episodes to continue to rake in the money.

Viper87227 said:
To me... they almost look like paintings.

yeah they have a unique look to them because of the exposure, the pic wityh the persons in it from the link makes it look more real, it also looks like they wre cropped and downsized giving it the sligtly jaggie look.

Met-AL said:
They are in the middle of a beta test of the new Source engine right now.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Engine_Beta
"We are enabling a new Source Engine Beta system. This will allow you to run Source games with the latest beta version of the engine. You can use this feature to ensure mods will be compatible with a soon to be released version of the Source engine"
Sounds to me like like they're talking about beta patches for the current Source engine.

I thought there wasn't going to be HL:3. That the episodes were to take it's place.

:confused:

theNoid said:
Meh, even if real they don't impress me.
um.

i dont even have a way to respond to this.

a game looking exactly like real life wouldnt impress you?

Martyr said:
um.

i dont even have a way to respond to this.

a game looking exactly like real life wouldnt impress you?

I don't know, but this guy practically creamed his pants when he saw the halo 3 trailer...

ScreamingBroccoli said:
I don't know, but this guy practically creamed his pants when he saw the halo 3 trailer...

damn interweb. the secrets you keep.

lollerphone. that guy got owned.

Adionik said:
I thought there wasn't going to be HL:3. That the episodes were to take it's place.

:confused:

yeah, they did say that the episodes are more or less HL3, and should have been called that. Thats why they are standalone and not expansions to HL2. Bullshit says I. There will almost certainly be another Half-Life game on a whole new engine, and a true sequal, not episodic shit. Will it be called, HL3 ? HL4? Something else? Who knows, time will tell.

oh dear, oh dear. As soon as I looked at these it was quite obvious they were photographs, yet we have people going "meh, doesn't look all that impressive", clearly believing them to be game screenshots.

Just goes to show how absurdly cynical people have become about graphics. If you showed them to a PS3 fanb0y and said they were XBox 360 screenshots they'd probably go "nah, doesn't look all that realistic".

meatfestival said:
oh dear, oh dear. As soon as I looked at these it was quite obvious they were photographs, yet we have people going "meh, doesn't look all that impressive", clearly believing them to be game screenshots.

Just goes to show how absurdly cynical people have become about graphics. If you showed them to a PS3 fanb0y and said they were XBox 360 screenshots they'd probably go "nah, doesn't look all that realistic".

Those dont look like photographs to me. As I said before... looks more like paintings.

Did no one care to click the link on the other page showing where the images came from??? They're not real people, they're photos. Sheese!

I dont believe it. If it is for "Half-Life 3" its still the Source Engine. The Source Engine can easily be upgraded to support new features, like HDR the applied a year ago. Valve has even said in one interview they dont plan on designing a new engine for a long time as the Source Engine took to long to program and get the bugs worked out and just keep adding new features to it as time goes by so they can develop games faster and we dont have a 6 year period between each game.

Well I clicked the link to the other pictures the first time it was posted. I am not sure where some of you are reading that they are actual photos. When I look at the second picture from the bottom on the other site, I really have to wonder who the hell lays track like that. They look like an accident waiting to happen.

I'm on Pbnation all the time. Those pictures are completely fake. Raines is just a fucking tool and does shit like that all the time.

Volucris said:
I'm on Pbnation all the time. Those pictures are completely fake. Raines is just a fucking tool and does shit like that all the time.
figures :x

viva la nation!

Back