Anyone have experience with the LG L194WT? Might be my Holy Grail :)

Svperstar

Limp Gawd
I went to Best Buy tonight and they had the monitor, but had just run out of stock :(
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat01013&id=1149206843492

Anyone have a lot of experience with this LCD compared to others? The high contrast ratio is very appealing to me. Are the blacks very dark?

Now I just picked up a Samsung 940bw after years of being a hardened LCD hater. I am happy to say that it is a great monitor, minimal backlight bleeding, very sharp, widescreen gaming is just awesome, and the best part, absolutely minimal to no ghosting, every other LCD I have ever tried has had very obvious ghosting that I just cannot accept.

The only problem with it is the blacks, the 500:1 contrast ratio(I think) is the limiting factor, blacks just aren't black enough for very dark games like Thief, Splinter Cell, or DVDs like Blade Runner. I can deal with it, but if possible I would like to get the best bang for the buck while I can still return it. An LCD with widescreen, no ghosting, and very black blacks would be my holy grail :p

I have untill Sunday after next to return it, so I am thinking of getting it and taking back the Samsung.

This is indeed a good question. I wonder if the L194WT is in fact better than the 940bw do the greatly increased contrast ratio, better representation of blacks probably. Hmmmmm, I was planning on getting the 940bw once some money came in, but now you have me questioning that decision.

I bought the L194WT yesterday at Best Buy, since they have a good sale going. In a few minutes, I'll be returning it, and getting something else. This thing is just wayyyy too bright. I have it set at 50% brightness, and its still too bright for most things. The blacks don't look bad at all, as long as there's something bright to contrast it. On some webpages, I've noticed an almost washed out coloring on the bottom half of the screen, as if it were meant for this monitor to be set above you eyeline for optimal color, which is pretty unacceptable. There's also some noticeable backlight flicker during dvd playback, and certain dark games, also unacceptable.

I may have just gotten a bum screen, but seeing as this thing is pretty new, and there's pretty much no reviews out there about it, I don't have any other to compare my experience to. I was thinking of getting the 940bw when I take this back, but maybel I'll bite the bullet and get the gateway 20". Its about $200 more, but it looks sweet as can be.

I also played with one for a week, and returned it. If you could spend some more and get L204WT instead. I've also played with 940BW and 215TW, but of all four I kept L204WT.

Back