Corsair HX620 cable lengths?

Anybody able to comment on the HX620's cable lengths? I will be using it in the P180 which requires long cables to make it look nice. My last build I used the OCZ 700 with the P180 and the cables were plenty long enough to snake and hide. I wanna give the HX620 a shot but really want to make sure the cables are nice and long first.

P.S. Help me in welcoming toobernoober to the forums, "Welcome toober, welcome."

Welcome toober, welcome.

Seasonic is known for longer cables, I wouldn't worry about a length issue.

The S12 has woefully short cables for the P180, at least the main ATX cable barely reaches my DFI Ultra-D. The rest of the cables are a decent length. Unfortunately the ATX cable is the hardest one to extend.

So can anyone confirm the s12 and the hx620's cables are the same length? If so it looks like I will need to find a new PSU or case for my build.

Toobernoober said:
So can anyone confirm the s12 and the hx620's cables are the same length? If so it looks like I will need to find a new PSU or case for my build.
Cables are 20" long, I'm testing the HX 620W right now & so far it is GREAT! ;)

Erasmus354 said:
The S12 has woefully short cables for the P180, at least the main ATX cable barely reaches my DFI Ultra-D. The rest of the cables are a decent length. Unfortunately the ATX cable is the hardest one to extend.

The 2nd revision of S12s have much longer cables, they are the only ones made now. The Corsair HX was based on this

The HX series were designed with cases like the P180 and the Silverstone TJ07 in mind. I've personally installed the HX PSUs into both of these cases (and use a TJ07 at home), so the cables are more than long enough.

Any shorter cables available? I'm thinking about getting a modular PSU for a Lian Li PC7 case, which is a midtower and doesn't need super long cable lengths.

Jerry said:
Any shorter cables available? I'm thinking about getting a modular PSU for a Lian Li PC7 case, which is a midtower and doesn't need super long cable lengths.

The 4/8 pin CPU and 24-pin ATX power cables are permanently attached and are not removable.

The HX620 comes with shorter cables and longer cables so you can choose which ones you'd like to use. The HX520 just comes with the longer ones.

Also, the HX620 supports 8 SATA power connectors while the HX520 supports just 4.

The cables are flat ribbon style, and can be easily folded and zip tied and placed in out-of-the-way locations so they don't block airflow.

Back