• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

(Simultaneously) connecting an XBOX 360 (and PC) to the Logitech X-530 speaker syste

seeknowsage

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
302
I recently purchased an xbox 360 that I would like to connect to my Logitech X-530 speakers (and monitor), which are currently connected to my computer. I purchased the necessary Microsoft VGA HD AV cables to convert the video signal to vga for the monitor, but I am unable to properly connect the rca sound to the connections on the backside of the X-530 subwoofer. Essentially, I can plug them in, but no sound is emitted when the xbox is turned on. The video feed is fine, and the sound cables for the xbox have been tested on a tv and have been found to properly work.

Can anyone here detail the setup process and the equipment I'd need to accomplish this (assuming it can be done in the first place)? I admit that I don't know much about properly connecting this equipment, and figured it would have to do with the fact that I am unable to connect the right front speaker of this system to the xbox since it apparently has a VGA connection to the subwoofer.

Any and all help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 
seeknowsage said:
it apparently has a VGA connection to the subwoofer


:confused:

You seem confused, why would there be a video connection to the subwoofer of your speakers?

I don't know anything about those speakers specifically but if they only have one input you need to basically use a Y adapter to connect 2 devices. From what you said it seems like it takes standard composite RCA stereo cables as input, you can get 2 Y adapters like this and plug the left channel of the xbox to one input of one Y adapter and the left channel of your comptuer to the other input of that same adapter and then plug that adapter into left input on your speakers. Do the same thing for the right channel and you're set.
 
Thank you for your reply. As it is, the vga connection from my monitor to my video card is in the exact same layout with the same number of pins as is the right front speaker connection to my subwoofer. As a result, I assumed they were labeled the same. However, I've already done as you suggested (with the splitters/adapters), but I still didn't get any sound. I think I would need to somehow connect the right front speaker (the one with volume control, power control, etc.) to the xbox, but I can't think of any way to do that.
 
What type of inputs do those Logitechs have? Basically it'll be:

1. Analog RCA (two jacks, White and Red, Left & Right respectively)
2. 3.5mm jack(s) (you'll need a RCA -> 3.5mm stereo miniplug converter from RadioShack or similar)
3. Digital inputs (SPDIF/Toslink or Digital Coax)
4. Some proprietary crap (unlikely).

IIRC, the 360 doesn't have digital audio connections, so I'd have to assume its #1 then on the 360's end... (I do not own a 360).
 
TeamStrykerCore said:
I just bought a 360 I could swear there are digital inputs... or is that optical.

optical output on the HD cables

As for the 15 pin dsub connection on the woofer, are you sure that's not for the "control" box for the speakers? I vaguely recall one set of Logitech speakers that I own having a VGAish looking connector on the subwoofer that the center chanel plugged into. The center channel speaker also had all the controls for volume, etc. on it.
 
Ashtaka said:
optical output on the HD cables

As for the 15 pin dsub connection on the woofer, are you sure that's not for the "control" box for the speakers? I vaguely recall one set of Logitech speakers that I own having a VGAish looking connector on the subwoofer that the center chanel plugged into. The center channel speaker also had all the controls for volume, etc. on it.


I have the X-530s. Right front has the power/volume controls, and the headphone jack, and connects to the subwoofer using the VGA-looking cable. The other four speakers (center, FL, RL and RR) connect to the subwoofer through standard RCA plugs. The sub contains the amp, and plugs into the outlet.

I dunno why he's not getting sound. Then again, I don't have a 360.
 
umm hold on you plugged the audio cables from the VGA cord for the 360... into the back of the x-530 sub?.. i dont think there is any input back there. i have the 5.1 x-530 and all of the ports are taken.. for the speakers.. meaning those are for output right?

i would try plugging the audio cables with the adapter into the back of your sound card (microphone)
 
The whole thread was very confusing, however i hope this can help.

If you want your pc and your xbox to output audio at the same time, you'll have to use stereo sound (without any complex/expensive setups) Which means no surround sound, Hook up your speakers to your pc normally, then use one of these

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/images/howto/HMiniJackAdapterPluggedIn.jpg

stereo to pc jack

connect this to your line in and it will play your audio without a hitch

as for the vga connection on your speakers, thats gonna the interface the volume control/sub woofer uses.
 
aznpxdd said:
You can't connect them both at the same time, you need to get this adapter for the X530 to work with 360.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=10036

Yeah, get that if you can so you have actual 5.1 sound on your speakers with the 360. However, keep in mind that you will still have to swap cables a lot if you only buy that item. Therefore you will need to get 3 sets of mini-jack splitters/y cables, and possibly some extra mini-jack extension cables as well.
 
arentol said:
Above is the valid link to the product.

is that the 1/8 stereo y adapters they are speaking of that i need 3 of? or is it
three 5.1 analog inputs

EDIT NM i think i got it

setup.jpg
 
Back
Top