SG03 + Construction Paper (Pictures)

yahui168

n00b
I have the SG03 + NT06 Lite + Corsair HX520W, and it was idling at 47C and load at 66C. I needed to help direct the air flow to cool the CPU. After adding the construction paper and packaging foam, idle stayed at 47C idle but load came down to 62C.

IMG_1068.jpg

Black construction paper and used the mesh as a template

IMG_1071.jpg

Cut out the template

IMG_1072.jpg

Installed panel interior

IMG_1073.jpg

Installed panel exterior

IMG_1076.jpg

Panel back on case

IMG_1069.jpg

Packaging foam to block lower vents

IMG_1077.jpg

More air flow toward the CPU and hard drive

IMG_1074.jpg

Smart Drive 2002C in 5.25 bay, must be installed backwards if you want to keep the case front panel on

Thats one way to do it. :D Thanks for sharing the idea.

It looks like the PS mounting screws are still messed up. How secure is it? How are the CPU temps at stock speed?

The PS is very secure because the screws do go into screw holes in the PS as designed. The screws on the right side do not go through holes in the case but there are notches for the screw on that side. The only issue is that case seems kind of soft even for an aluminum case and bends pretty easily. The temperatures I listed is stock voltage. It's high because the Corsair PSU 120mm fan spins very slowly. The PSU doesn't get hot enough or draw enough power for the fan to go to full speed. If you want lower temp or looking to overclock, it's probably better to use the Silverstone ST50EF-PLUS-SC.

My build - stock voltages - 47C idle - 62C load:

E6600
Silverstone NT06-LITE
Silverstone SG03 (2 x 120mm Nexus D12SL-12 in the front)
Abit F-I90HD (bios 11)
TWIN2X2048-6400C4 (set to 2.1V 4-4-4-12)
Corsair CMPSU-520HX
Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD (in a Smart Drive 2002C)
External USB DVD LG GSA-E40
Linksys Wireless G PCI

I had one F-I90HD from Fry's that died on me. Didn't shutdown properly and no post afterwards. The one I have working is from Newegg.

Interesting, it looks like this confirms what I had been saying. Thanks for sharing!

You could also email Silverstone, as a few of us have done over the past couple of weeks. They're now saying they're looking into providing a regular panel as an option to replace the mesh panel.

I emailed them after the initial post suggesting it, but I wasn't going to wait around for them to make one. I'll buy it if and when it does come though.

Back