Vista Hotfix 940105 (2gb Gaming Limit Fix)

pigwalk

[H]F Junkie
Anyone know where to download this at? Apparently it's supposed to fix the 2gb limit temporarily but I'm having no luck finding. I've e-mailed MS for a link to it, but I'm not exactly patient (if I was patient I wouldn't want a fast computer and I probably wouldn't be posting here)

Thanks guys!

TY Sir, Supreme Commander seems to run MUCH nicer now! Thanks!

Is this hotfix now part of Windows Updates and if not, does someone know a working link to this hotfix?

Vista = Microsoft's money maker, They figure if you
want DX10 you're gonna have to buy it...

Nice to see such constructive posts. (for the ones that got deleted)

I do have to apologies, last night when I was installing Vista on my notebook w/ 3GB the link was not working. This morning it works again, ah nothing like a good burning in the morning.

I do have to apologies, last night when I was installing Vista on my notebook w/ 3GB the link was not working. This morning it works again, ah nothing like a good burning in the morning.

Glad you got it sorted, let us know how it works.

I ran a quick and limited test after installing that update. Quake 4 seems to at least shut down much faster (less than one second) than earlier. I didn't notice any performance boost or degrade during the gameplay. The update does not seem to have done any harm in general usage (non-gaming).

Is this hotfix part of the automatic Windows Update? I spent last night running windows update and all - would I have got this fix through that? Or is it something I need to install in addition?

Is this hotfix part of the automatic Windows Update? I spent last night running windows update and all - would I have got this fix through that? Or is it something I need to install in addition?

I don't see this on WU yet, but you can now download it directly from Microsoft.

So I spend yesterday putting Windows XP back on my system and didn't get to sleep till about 2am so I would have a working Notebook for work. Vista worked fine, FPS were actually playable which was cool, but to my surprise LOTRO wasn't and considering I have 9.5 hours of sitting at a desk with nothing else to do, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Copying and moving files really sucks in windows as well, randomly stoping freezing and just not copying is really annoying and I was really surprised that had not yet been fixed since the last time I used Vista.

Well, every system is different, I guess...I had no problems when beta testing LOTRO on Vista. Either way, this hotfix is a good start.

i installed this hotfix last nite. then tried to install more memory, will not boot.am i reading this post wrong?

There is another Graphics Hotfix for Nvidia graphics cards that I wish I would of seen before uninstalling Vista and putting XP back on. I'll dual boot on y desktop a while longer before putting Vista back on my Notebook.

Could someone explain what this hotfix is exactly for? I read the Microsoft summary of the thing, but I'm still not sure what the hell its talking about. I'm not sure if I should download the fix or not. :confused:

Back