Anti-aliasing in UT3?

Blackstone

2[H]4U
How do I enable anti-aliasing in UT3? I am using DX10, Vista, and an 8800GTX. There appears to be no in game option for it.

I got it working by using 169.04 and forcing the AA setting for UT3.exe in the Nvidia control panel manually in the profile section. I think all 169.+ drivers are working like this now. Goodluck.

I can't believe there is no in-game option what is wrong with Epic Games. They are finished in my book.

Blackstone, it just takes some time getting used to. Granted Epic may not be as great as they used to be, but last time I heard, their engine doesn't entirely support AA...

I'm warming up to UT3 a bit. Are you guys sure it works just by turning it on in the control panel? I'm not sure it is working.

I used nHancer to enable 4x AA for it and it definitely works. It's still smooth as silk and it looks fantastic.

I'm warming up to UT3 a bit. Are you guys sure it works just by turning it on in the control panel? I'm not sure it is working.

It works up to 4x in DX9 mode and I believe higher in DX10... If you enable 8x or 16x in DX9 you will get the performance hit but it won't show any visible difference in game.

i thought i read some where that there will be no aa in unreal3 till dx10.1

"Perhaps the more interesting changes come in the form of anti-aliasing features where deferred rendering engines (like the Unreal Engine 3) could now enable AA support. Not only that, but custom AA filters are now possible in DX10.1 directly, and can be written in shader form by the developer -- after all who would know better how to improve the IQ of their title than the developer? "

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=472

Might have read it but they're wrong :p

No AA @ 100% crop

ut30xaawy0.jpg

4xAA @ 100% crop

ut34xaaqc6.jpg

:)

I took the screenshots :)

If you mean where in the game it was on the ShangriLa map.

That 4x AA actually looks pretty damn good. Nice. Thanks for the comparison.

That 4x AA actually looks pretty damn good. Nice. Thanks for the comparison.

QFT - I'm going to try that later (I'm running XP for UT3). I'm guessing that the hit will be pretty minimal at 1600*1200 on a GTX. Thanks :)

It works up to 4x in DX9 mode and I believe higher in DX10... If you enable 8x or 16x in DX9 you will get the performance hit but it won't show any visible difference in game.

Not all true there man... Use Nhancer and check out the supersampling modes... I use the 8xs mode and there is a pretty big difference depending on resolution. Since I run at 1280x720 I have to run high levels of MSAA and SSAA because my screen is 50" and you could cut yourself on the jaggies with no AA on. UT3 stays above 60fps for me almost all of the time with Super sampling 8xs on at 1280x720 with all in game settings maxed. Just set the AA compatibility mode to HDR + AA Oblivion in Nhancer and your good to use any level of AA you want via Nhancer. God I love the program.

For ultimate visual quality (and useless frame rate) set it to 4x4 super sampling. It renders the image at 4x your selected resolution and down samples it to fit your selected res.. Almost postcard quality with no shimmering anywhere but very, very slow in any newer games... I use 16xs in TF2 and it is flawless and smooth.

I got it to work through the Nvidia CP and I'm running Vista. The game looks simply gorgeous with 4x AA and AF on! :D

Back