Ubid - Highly rated HP Slimlines for less than $300. IE s3200t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
www.ubid.com - hit computers, hit HP desktops, look for the sxxxxn models. IE s3200n, s3200t, s(four#digits)x The s represets slimline. Links won't do much good since it's an auction site and the stock usually is listed only for a couple days - but here is an example

--------Link Removed (No auction Links) ------

--KK

They is a lot of variance in the different models internals - so be careful what you bid on - read the specs. A s3200t for example can be configured quite a few different ways with different RAM, Different procs, different video cards, tuner or not, etc.

There is a long older thread about these computers here, but it's being updated with new models at the end.....

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1224011

They are awesome HTPC's and for the price unbeatable. At the $300 dollar price point you are getting ~ $650 dollars worth of components if you price them out at current prices. Meaning you could even buy them to part them out if you chose to. It comes in a snazy little case, and Windows Vista Home Premium.

Example loadout that I picked up yesterday for about $330 shipped.

E4500 processor
2GB RAM
8500GT HDCP enabled
500GB Sata Drive
Memory Card Reader
CD/DVDRW drive
TV Tuner Card
Built-In wireless (on a desktop - kinda cool)

These could be desktop replacements if you don't game with the newest titles. They review VERY well. Check out a google search on the slimlines for verification.

http://review.zdnet.com/desktops/hp-pavilion-slimline-s3200t/4505-3118_16-32743720.html

Here is a quote from the article.

Again, compare the $1,540 HP to the $3,800 Alienware, and the HP looks like a remarkable deal. Its scores on every test were either as good or better than the Alienware system. The Slimline also trounces Sony's non-HD, $1,600 VAIO TP1. It was no surprise that the Dell XPS 420 won on every test given its configuration. It's also a traditional full-tower desktop that you're more likely to use as your primary PC than the Slimline in its HD configuration. For the money, and compared to other home theater PCs, then, the Slimline is an outstanding performer. It will get you through photo editing and music file encoding with little trouble, and you might even be able to play a 3D game or two at modest settings.

Bear in mind your getting these units for $300 or less typically at auction close - NOT $1500.

Nice little machines for sure.

who do you work for?

There is (maybe unintended) irony in your post Jesus_Faction. I am a Christian and by that.....Touche....but I don't work for HP, nor for Ubid. Ha...I guess you can't provide a hot deals post with TOO much information or people think you must have an angle :rolleyes::D:cool:

I have no association with any online commerce what-soever.....I really like these little slimlines and wanted to share the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back