What happened?

I can't imagine what you could do to get your work erased like that. Is that what happens when you borg computers that are not yours against the will of the owner?

Something very bad happend.

And because of that we just lost 5 days of production. :(

Apparently we've done something to rile the folding gods. Today I must sacrifice 2 chickens and parade the boxen nekkid through Stanfords campus and see if we can get our points back... :rolleyes:

I've heard of taking your bat and ball and going home but this is ridiculous.

Apparently we've done something to rile the folding gods. Today I must sacrifice 2 chickens and parade the boxen nekkid through Stanfords campus and see if we can get our points back... :rolleyes:

I've heard of taking your bat and ball and going home but this is ridiculous.

The gods deemed that ASSMAN should go back to fold for OCAU to keep the balance of power. ;)

Its not just a db error at EOC or some glitch:

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=party2go9820

The gods deemed that ASSMAN should go back to fold for OCAU to keep the balance of power. ;)

But one of the chickens has deemed that he should stay until the 12 million is recovered.. :D

But one of the chickens has deemed that he should stay until the 12 million is recovered.. :D

When did we start listening to poultry?

My guess is what Wheresatom said. It had to of been borging without auth.

I'll poke Vijay about that to make sure it's not a db error. If Party2Go9820 did something illegal, then there is nothing we can do but move forward and recover the lost points.

I was wondering why I jumped a spot on the team stats without passing anyone. I figured someone got their points removed for some reason or another but I didn't feel like figuring out who it was at the time. This is definitely not a way I like to climb the ranks.

No kidding, this is a horrific way to climb the ranks. I seriously hope that this is just some sort of mistake, and that he wasn't doing anything wrong, because then we all need to go out and buy a junk load of new hardware to make up the difference ASAP!

Well if this is the same situation being described on both sites it gve an explination of what happend. It makes me sad that we lost the points, but I guess they where never really legit.

Maybe not. A couple posts later Macaholic posted another link to what 7im might have been referring to in the link smartcat99s posted.

And seriously Trivolve, close to 4000 machines and you could only manage 171k points? There's where all the 45xx Ambers went.

The machines count is climbing fast. At the time I saw that complaint, I did the verifications and he was up to about 1300 machines. Today, he reached that so the torrent files is spreading a lot :eek:

What sad is that when that guy at OCAU tried this very thing a few years back, it was well publicized that he had his stats zeroed. And here we are today talking about it happening again, possibly twice.

Well, at some point you're going to get caught. Not everyone installing the client is that naive.

I just found out about this myself. i'll update everyone later. too tough my my cell phone from work.

Ouch. Hopefully we get a full first hand explanation of what NOT to do. Although it seems fairly obvious.

So the guy was hiding an auto installer in torrents he was putting out on trackers so when people use whatever it is they downloaded it would auto install a folding client with his user info?

So the guy was hiding an auto installer in torrents he was putting out on trackers so when people use whatever it is they downloaded it would auto install a folding client with his user info?

No. That was someone else.

Reread above, I posted the link about the correct guy. Party2go9820 is something else and not reported publicly.

I know it is just a stat blip, but Custom PC is set to overtake us. Custom PC :mad:

I'm going to go take a shower :eek:

Indeed this sucks, but I guess in the end no matter what, some work units got turned in. IF some were given without permission that's not good, but at least it's only a loss for us and not the project.

Back