Halo 3 Recon Official Announcement Trailer

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a Halo fan, I highly recommend you head on over to Shacknews to see the new Halo 3 Recon official announcement trailer. Surprisingly enough, even though I thought I was Halo’d out for a while, I have to admit this trailer has really piqued my interest!

The prequel is slated for a fall 2009 release, bringing a new Halo 3 campaign and an unspecified number of multiplayer maps. It is unknown whether Halo 3 Recon will be a standalone expansion, downloadable content, or both.

Yeah, whatever, Halo sucks. Real men use a mouse and keyboard to line up headshots. Steve you are such a MS fanboy.... :eek:

And I saw this on Spike TV last week. REPOST! :p

So I guess only a controller is useful for nailing a shot through the heart? I'd take that over a headshot any time of the week. :D

/sarcasm

In any case, this looks kind of cool. If this new campaign is about the events just before Halo 3, then I'm all for it.

Im a PC and I game with my PC so give me this for my PC... END of story

Im a PC and I game with my PC so give me this for my PC... END of story
But but but the pirates! I'm getting sick of the whole anti-PC attitudes that game developers are showing these days having such a massive hatred towards PC's. If Spore wasn't ladened with anti-piracy measures, they might have gotten a bit more money but instead they created probably the most pirated game ever.

I just hate consoles period. The last console I've owned was the PS2 but I got rid of it because it was so boring and frankly I'm a keyboard/mouse lover.

Halo? That's an old game from years ago isn't it? I heard it was on that xbox red rimjob thing more recently? Whatever a Halo is I won't be getting it.

I will admit I'm a halo fanboy. It's what I bought my 360 for. I'm looking forward to this.

I remember coming back from Comdex one year to have my early buy Xbox with Halo waiting for me. What a disappointment. Some games are great for console, but Halo aint one of them. In fact the game just sorta sucked all around in my book.

I'm still not a big fan of Halo, I guess I'm having a difficult time converting from kb & mice =(

Is it just me, or does the trailer ever so vaguely resemble Terminator?

Blah, looking fowards to the book. . .

Yeah I never got Halo'd out because I never thought it was great either. I think it was more popular with those who hadn't discovered PC FPS yet, or those who appreciated the lower cost of a console. But better? No way.

Holding out for Resident Evil 5.

That trailer looks so generic and played out anyone who actually is getting excited over this needs to get their heads examined.

Also, how is this a "new character" if you still cannot see his face?

:rolleyes:

I was a Halo fanboy for a long time, picked this username back in 2000 for the game and managed to nab this as my XBL gamertag on day 1 as well. But eventually lost my love for the franchise because of XboxLive performance and people drop hacking/stand-by/lewd players/other exploits from Halo 2. Never forgave it, so I didn't play Halo 3 outside of coop. In fact, the entire Halo 2 online experience soiled my outlook on multiplayer games in general.. I hardly play games online anymore if I'm not playing with friends.

Have to say Halo 1 LAN parties have a place amongst my most cherished memories. :)

I always thought Halo was merely average. I suppose for consolers who hadn't played a decent shooter since Perfect Dark it must have seemed great.

Stop comparing Console FPS with PC FPS. Two totally different experiences where a comparison only yields to how "superior" your form is over another.

+1 for using "piqued" correctly. It's sad how long it's been since I've seen the word spelled correctly.

As for the trailer--interesting? Perhaps. A bit cliche? That, too.

Console FPS: Run and shoot stuff with controller
PC FPS: Run and shoot stuff with kb/mouse

I've learned to not be a little whiny brat and think one is crap over the other simply due to the format it's on. I've not played a FPS with more content than the Halo series. Don't tell me Quake or CS or some other FPS with a million sequels has anything more to offer than a Halo game, because it doesn't. The original Halo lacked an online multiplayer feature. Well almost any other FPS out there STILL lacks a good campaign/single player feature - something that Halo was able to balance out since the release of Halo 1 on the PC.

Yeah, Halflife and Halflife 2 had shit for content...crappy single player campaign, multiplayer sucked and little to no support from the devs..Oh wait, no, that was Halo, my bad.

Regarding this PC vs console thing...

IMO it has nothing to do with the platform, the Halo games are just not good any more by modern standards and the franchise is kept alive only by its rabid fanbase which resides strictly on the Xbox platform (it really doesn't even span the entire console-verse)

to the rest of us it is now a tired franchise that was only revolutionary (albeit only on consoles) seven years ago when it was first released (in 2001), sort of like how PC gamers now view anything with the name Quake or Doom on it

case in point: Call of Duty 4 is a great game, no matter what platform you play it on

Yeah, Halflife and Halflife 2 had shit for content...crappy single player campaign, multiplayer sucked and little to no support from the devs..Oh wait, no, that was Halo, my bad.

Multiplayer sucked with little to no support from the dev's? LOL!

That's why map packs are still coming out as well as a new sinlge player campaign, right? LMAO!

Hating on Halo is just the cool kid thing to do these days.

Yup pretty much. Anything popular is always going to find its self being hated on by all the emo, wrist slitting, socially awkward people.

If the biggest complaint you got against a game is that it doesnt have a kb/mouse setup then someone needs to learn how to get off the crotch called "over compensating".

Wow, look at all the halo hate..

I'm not obsessed with halo, but I can't see how a person doesn't recognize the quality and overall solidness of a title like Halo. Halo stands as one of Microsoft's Marios or Links because everything in the game is so solid and sure fire. The art direction, the level design, the sound/music quality, and yeah, the gameplay. You think that it's limited in options in gameplay? Don't get me wrong, it's nice to evolve a genre like the FPS, but it's also nice to see a formula get so polished.
I've played every major FPS to date, (and I play 99% of my FPS's on computer) and I'm the first to say that Halo is not lacking content.
Honestly, I'm getting sick of the direction in FPS's... Too many random variable generated, realistic based games like CoD, and the Unreal Tourny/Halo style of Accuracy is going out the door for slower based action.

Halo 3: 2? :-\

Halo 3 for PC would be nice.. eh who cares, I'll be too busy playing GTA IV by then.

I always thought Halo was merely average. I suppose for consolers who hadn't played a decent shooter since Perfect Dark it must have seemed great.

Quoted for the Perfect Dark reference - now THAT was a great game!

That trailer looks so generic and played out anyone who actually is getting excited over this needs to get their heads examined.

Also, how is this a "new character" if you still cannot see his face?

:rolleyes:

I guess im one of those who needs their heads examined. The halo series are very good as well as the worlds. The books are well written also. The only con is that the game is next year.

Back