free code to unlock those Far Cry 2 missions

cannondale06

[H]F Junkie
THaCupR4

1. go to the main menu
2. go to additional content and then promotional content
3. enter the above key

this is a code that unlocks an additional 6 missions in Far Cry 2. this code was included in the special pre ordered Far Cry 2 games at Gamestop. Im posting this because it seems others are already doing it even on the Steam forums and the mods there dont have a problem with it.

thats not the code I got with my copy but it seems that any of those codes will work for any version of the game. it was silly not to go ahead and share this so everybody could get a few more hours of gameplay. I have no idea what the actual missions are but post back here and let me know if you can successfully enter the code or not.

If it works for you, more power to you for posting it. I did not see these missions staying "locked" for long. Just another good marketing plan to get some buzz going....and it worked.

That said, I am playing along at Hardcore and enjoying it so far. Looks BADASS at Very High quality at 1920 in a window even. Having some full screen issues, but I think I just need to reboot.

I just used the code and it explained that the extra missions were unlocked. Thanks!!

I stopped folding long enough to add the code.
cannondale06, thanks for posting it. :)
I was bummed Steam's pre-order didn't include it also.

And the extra missions are.... *roll drums*

* The Georgian
The Georgian informant has gone into hiding at the Fuel Depot in UFLL territory, find him and discover what your predecessor learned from him about the Jackal’s location.

* The Bolivian
The Bolivian informant is on the run, trying to escape the country by stealing a plane from a small airfield in APR territory. Try to get to him before your predecessor does.

* Special Delivery
Your employers have more information for you about your predecessor – learn the location of his new dead drop and raid it to find information about his secret meetings.

* Le Francais
A French smuggler and arms dealer who may have been providing arms to the Jackal has been tipped off, and your predecessor is trying to stop him from crossing the border. Find out what Frenchman’s price is.

And the extra missions are.... *roll drums*

* The Georgian
The Georgian informant has gone into hiding at the Fuel Depot in UFLL territory, find him and discover what your predecessor learned from him about the Jackal’s location.

* The Bolivian
The Bolivian informant is on the run, trying to escape the country by stealing a plane from a small airfield in APR territory. Try to get to him before your predecessor does.

* Special Delivery
Your employers have more information for you about your predecessor – learn the location of his new dead drop and raid it to find information about his secret meetings.

* Le Francais
A French smuggler and arms dealer who may have been providing arms to the Jackal has been tipped off, and your predecessor is trying to stop him from crossing the border. Find out what Frenchman’s price is.

can you count? lol. those are the FOUR missions from the UK limited edtion. the Gamestop pre-order edition has SIX. maybe these four are included but I havent seen any info.

Thanks... Like Kyle I'm loving this game, only about 90 min in, but damn, it's nice.

Had to play at 1900x but am able to use 4xAA and the frames don't dip below 20 in heavy action.

I gotta get a 4870x2.

can you count? lol. those are the FOUR missions from the UK limited edtion. the Gamespot pre-order edition has SIX. maybe these four are included but I havent seen any info.

Next time I won't waste my time :rolleyes: Ungratefuls...

so now you cant read either? waste your time with what? you listed the 4 missions that come in UK limited edition not the 6 that come in the Gamestop version. :confused:

He tried to be of help, even if it wasnt the right information you were looking for.

that's cool of you to post the code cannondale06. i don't think these codes are tied to a particular cd-key. when i got my copy from gamestop my code was on a sticker on the outside of the box.

He tried to be of help, even if it wasnt the right information you were looking for.
and I didnt say anthing mean. I was joking when I said can you count and thats why I put the lol in there. I then also said that those 4 he listed may even be in there. ;)

Interesting... I found another code that was posted online and it worked for me. Not sure where it came from but I'll try this one too.

The one I found is: tar3QuzU

Interesting... I found another code that was posted online and it worked for me. Not sure where it came from but I'll try this one too.

The one I found is: tar3QuzU

no need to try them both, if it worked then you're all done. i'm pretty sure any of the codes can be used by anyone.

no need to try them both, if it worked then you're all done. i'm pretty sure any of the codes can be used by anyone.
I know but I'm unsure if its the UK code or the Gamestop code as they seem to offer different content. I want it ALL. :p

1) There seems to be some sort of link between game copy and codes. IE, there are a limited number of codes, each of which works for a certain set of copies but not for the rest. For example, I went through three codes before one of them worked. Bunch of marketing crap, nobody paid extra for them, they're just there as an arbitrary "preorder lulz" gimmick.

2) It's not your rig Kyle, it's the game. Mine boots in windowed mode after the initial run. Just alt+enter and you get it back in full screen. Good to know we get to beta test the released product :eyeroll:

1) There seems to be some sort of link between game copy and codes. IE, there are a limited number of codes, each of which works for a certain set of copies but not for the rest. For example, I went through three codes before one of them worked. Bunch of marketing crap, nobody paid extra for them, they're just there as an arbitrary "preorder lulz" gimmick.

2) It's not your rig Kyle, it's the game. Mine boots in windowed mode after the initial run. Just alt+enter and you get it back in full screen. Good to know we get to beta test the released product :eyeroll:
I must be blind but where does Kyle say anything in this thread about having issues. If you have an Nvidia card and the latest drivers that were supposedly for Far Cry 2 then its the drivers not the game thats at fault.

Already burnt out on this game. 27% done and it's too repetitive for me. Run/drive here kill a few guys, go there kill a few more guys & on and on.
In my opinion this game has way too much hype.

Thanks for the info OP!

Now I need to find more then an hour a day to play the game... So far though it's damn good!

I must be blind but where does Kyle say anything in this thread about having issues. If you have an Nvidia card and the latest drivers that were supposedly for Far Cry 2 then its the drivers not the game thats at fault.

He mentioned the game running in windowed mode and that he might have to reboot, implying that the game is running in windowed mode not because he intentionally set it that way, but because of incorrect behavior. Given that I'm not running these "Far Cry 2" drivers but rather a previous version which works perfectly fine with every other game I own, I'm going to go ahead and blame the game.

Already burnt out on this game. 27% done and it's too repetitive for me. Run/drive here kill a few guys, go there kill a few more guys & on and on.
In my opinion this game has way too much hype.

Don't fall for hype.. Don't let your expectations ruin the experience of the game. For me, it feels great... I noticed a review that said it had nothing similar to Farcry except the name, but its African locale is more like Crysis and Farcry.. with a mix of flat plains.

The game is even more "sandbox" than Crysis as well. It does start out slow and repetitive, however I'm loving it still. IMO it feels like a first person Just Cause game.. a bit of Bioshock, but thats mostly the engine and the recorded tapes left.. plus item shimmer.. :p I've been addicted to the stories and cinematics in games lately, that its what drives me to finish almost all the games I play.

Oh and I found a handmade, crude guitar, sitar or something on top of a sniper tower.. It was just funny to see sitting there... :)

He mentioned the game running in windowed mode and that he might have to reboot, implying that the game is running in windowed mode not because he intentionally set it that way, but because of incorrect behavior. Given that I'm not running these "Far Cry 2" drivers but rather a previous version which works perfectly fine with every other game I own, I'm going to go ahead and blame the game.
is the game doing that on other drivers? if NOT then it is the drivers. you can have a set of drivers work fine for most games but be screwed up for one. if it was just the game itself then everybody with various sets of drivers would have the same problems.

Back