[H]ot? Sharp Aquos® 37” LC37D64U 1080p LCD HDTV $699 SHIPPED

magnetik

Staff member
Didn't see this one posted..

since the last deal I posted for the 32" was gone so fast... here's the 37" for only $100 more + free shipping. $500 off normal price. Deal is from Dell. add to cart for the price

SHARP AQUOS® 37” LC37D64U 1080p LCD HDTV

Don't snooze on this one.

if i had the extra $$ right now, i'd be all over this.

^^ I was wondering the same thing.
Although FWIW, the Westy seems to be discontinued and unavailable now.

I've had this tv for 2 yrs in the living room (the 42" model).

Its a very nice tv, it has good internal speakers if you don't have a sound system.

Westinghouse TV's are trash. They are only great for a computer monitor.

They're generally trash for computer monitors too. I've yet to be the least bit impressed by any Westinghouse branded TV -- my grandparents have one because it was dirt cheap, and it has horrible backlight bleed and the worst blacks I've seen on an LCD since the 90s.

Even going to a big box store, where lighting generally makes it difficult to discern. Compare the Westinghouse models to just about any 'real' brand -- Samsung, Toshiba, Sony, Pioneer, LG, Sharp, Phillips.... the Westinghouse models will look horrible. Promise.

ah well.. I didn't want to order one.. and I was hoping you guys would sell them out before I could change my mind.. but no.. so I bit. ugh :)

I knocked $48 off with EPP. Totalled out to $702 shipped after taxes

Westinghouse TV's are trash. They are only great for a computer monitor.

They're generally trash for computer monitors too. I've yet to be the least bit impressed by any Westinghouse branded TV -- my grandparents have one because it was dirt cheap, and it has horrible backlight bleed and the worst blacks I've seen on an LCD since the 90s.

Even going to a big box store, where lighting generally makes it difficult to discern. Compare the Westinghouse models to just about any 'real' brand -- Samsung, Toshiba, Sony, Pioneer, LG, Sharp, Phillips.... the Westinghouse models will look horrible. Promise.

LVM-37W3SE ring any bells? Don't brand them like the average consumer and make uneducated responses. Every brand has their issue and Westinghouse is by far not the best, but it does shine in larger sizes when chosen appropriately for monitors.

LVM-37W3SE ring any bells? Don't brand them like the average consumer and make uneducated responses. Every brand has their issue and Westinghouse is by far not the best, but it does shine in larger sizes when chosen appropriately for monitors.

Exactly... the LVM-37W3 was precisely the display I was asking in regards to comparisons. I have been using one for almost 2 years and it is an amazing monitor.

The LVM-37W3 is the reason I haven't been able to find a goddamn display. $700 seems way too much compared to the $525 when it was still available. Should've jumped on it but by the time I wanted it a couple weeks ago, they were GGed. I really wanted this Sharp 37" but.. damn, $700 vs $525 :( Knowledge is painful.

The LVM-37W3 is the reason I haven't been able to find a goddamn display. $700 seems way too much compared to the $525 when it was still available. Should've jumped on it but by the time I wanted it a couple weeks ago, they were GGed. I really wanted this Sharp 37" but.. damn, $700 vs $525 :( Knowledge is painful.

I bought the LVM-37W3 for $1200 almost 2 years ago and I still don't regret it. Buy the display you want now... all the time you spend agonizing over it could have been spent doing something worthwhile and making up the difference (and more) it cost you.

I bought the LVM-37W3 for $1200 almost 2 years ago and I still don't regret it. Buy the display you want now... all the time you spend agonizing over it could have been spent doing something worthwhile and making up the difference (and more) it cost you.

agreed. hell I spent $750 on my Dell 2405 and $1000 on my Mitsubishi Diamondtron 19.. so I have qualms spending $700 on a 37" 1080p LCD.

fwiw I am currently using a Westy 37". It's served it's purpose and was a hell of a deal but at this price, it's worth moving over to the Aquos and move the Westy to the spare bedroom.

fwiw I am currently using a Westy 37". It's served it's purpose and was a hell of a deal but at this price, it's worth moving over to the Aquos and move the Westy to the spare bedroom.

So it sounds like the Aquos makes for a better monitor than the Westy? :)

So it sounds like the Aquos makes for a better monitor than the Westy? :)

Genius as work. Good job, pat yourself on the back. Let's also say a Pioneer Kuro sounds like a better TV than a Sony S series. Or an Accord sounds like a better car than a Civic. Or or or, First class flight is better than economy.

Genius as work. Good job, pat yourself on the back. Let's also say a Pioneer Kuro sounds like a better TV than a Sony S series. Or an Accord sounds like a better car than a Civic. Or or or, First class flight is better than economy.

Well since he appeared to have physically seen both, I found it intriguing, as I have long considered getting the Westy.

But good job pointing out my poorly worded sentence directed at someone else on an internet forum that discusses such things. Good job, pat yourself on the back.

Well since he appeared to have physically seen both, I found it intriguing, as I have long considered getting the Westy.

But good job pointing out my poorly worded sentence directed at someone else on an internet forum that discusses such things. Good job, pat yourself on the back.

Just because it's a Sharp Aquos doesn't guarantee it's better than the Westinghouse. One would think that would be the case, but without actually having both of them in front of you, how could you tell. And we aren't talking about just movies here... this discussion is based on DVI input from a computer.

fwiw, the only experience I have with Aquos is my roomates 32" 1080p and from reviews on the forums. I have nothing but good experience with my Westinghouse except for some minor image persistence (supposedly not permanent in LCD's). The Aquos was a impulse buy for me due to the price. If I lived in a non-taxed Dell state, I could have got it for $650 or so shipped. not bad.

Just because it's a Sharp Aquos doesn't guarantee it's better than the Westinghouse. One would think that would be the case, but without actually having both of them in front of you, how could you tell. And we aren't talking about just movies here... this discussion is based on DVI input from a computer.

Again, I wasn't proclaiming it to be; I was asking a question to someone I thought had seen both monitors. I wasnt trying to turn the thread into an anti-westinghouse rant. I'd own a westy 37 right now, were it not discontinued. And I will be using the Sharp as a computer monitor too.

Again, I wasn't proclaiming it to be; I was asking a question to someone I thought had seen both monitors. I wasnt trying to turn the thread into an anti-westinghouse rant. I'd own a westy 37 right now, were it not discontinued. And I will be using the Sharp as a computer monitor too.

I will know in a couple days.

also for everyone... this deal is done after today if your thinking about it.

Back