PhysX games that will benefit from a dedicated GPU

alg7_munif

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm building a list of games that will benefit from a dedicated GPU as a PhysX processor. I'll start with what I remember that are worth playing:

Released:

Cryostasis
Mirror's Edge
Unreal Tournament 3 (modpack)
GRAW 2
Crazy Machines 2+
Sacred 2
Warmonger
Batman Arkham Asylum
Darkest of Days

Please feel free to add more games if you are sure that the games will benefit from a dedicated GPU.

Edit: Unreleased games will be added later when they are released and after it is confirmed that GPU PhysX is working
Last update: 24th September 2009

Last edited:
Alpha Prime
Auto Assault
City of Villains
Nurien/Star Tales
Warmonger
I-Fluid
Crazy Machines 2
Fallen Earth
Metal Knight Zero
U-WARS (release Q4 2009)

Last edited:
2 more I have...

Clive Barker's Jericho

EA's Rail Simulator

you are wrong in both examples, first graw is not supported also

the list is very short not even 10 games, and those games uses nvidia psysx olny becouse they got pay for it

That PhysX list is a completely fucking joke. It shows games that use PhysX software. That doesn't mean shit to those who have hardware support. Lets see Nvidia pony up a list of games that only support GPU PhysX hardware acceleration. They won't do it because there's only a handful of titles and they don't want to present such a small list so people don't feel that they're wasting money (which you were if you bought a stand-alone accelerator).
To avoid confusion, PC titles that do not take advantage of PhysX hardware acceleration are ommitted from this listing.
I like how the list is for "PhysX acceleration" not Nvidia GPU PhysX. Nice way to get people to think the GPU support list is big.

That PhysX list is a completely fucking joke. It shows games that use PhysX software. That doesn't mean shit to those who have hardware support. Lets see Nvidia pony up a list of games that only support GPU PhysX hardware acceleration. They won't do it because there's only a handful of titles and they don't want to present such a small list so people don't feel that they're wasting money (which you were if you bought a stand-alone accelerator).I like how the list is for "PhysX acceleration" not Nvidia GPU PhysX. Nice way to get people to think the GPU support list is big.
I don't understand what you're saying. PhysX "software" only works if you have the hardware to support it. So doesn't that make it sort of hardware accelerated?

I don't understand what you're saying.
Welcome to the club. ;) Some people just like to rant.

The list is big because it contains multiple platforms and games in development. Anyone who cares to read it can understand which games (PC) can take advantage of PhysX acceleration. It's all explained in four short sentences with no big words. :D It's not a complete list, but covers most of the major games in development or which have been released. The quality that acceleration adds to some of the released titles is open to debate though.

Why did i linked this thread... ugh... now its a mayhem full of i*****.

If you don't have anything to contribute to this thread why do you bother come and stick you useless "2c" opinions? No one effing cares on what you think about PhysX or not, especially people that play GPU/PPU PhysX accelerated games...

and 2nd read the f****** title.

Last edited:
If you haven't tried the Batman Arkham Asylum demo then do, physx are nice there even though the demo is too short.

I'm building a list of games that will benefit from a dedicated GPU as a PhysX processor.
For what reason ? That's not a mystery and not so hard to find
Released - GRAW2, Crazy Machines 2+, Warmonger, UT3 modpack, Mirror's Edge, Cryostasis, Sacred 2

Other games with PPU support (GRAW1, Cellfactor, Bet on Soldier, etc) can'not be accelerated on GPU
Other PhysX SDK based games (Jericho, Gears of War, Trine, Overlord 2, etc) does not have GPU support, running calculations on CPU

Last edited:
Who mentioned Bet on Soldier? and who tha .... mentioned Cellfactor in this thread? People that do use GPU PhysX know way before you that Cellfactor requires old PPU. What else you like to point out that people already know?

If you got non to contribute to the thread/list move along?

If you got non to contribute to the thread/list move along?
I've already contributed all released games with GPU support. Seven. It's a fact.
Unreleased - Batman: AA, Star Tales, Nurien, MKZ, U-wars, Metro 2003, Terminator Salvation, Dark Void, Darkest of Days.. maybe Nvidia will reveal some others

Alpha Prime, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth, City of Villains have nothing to do with GPU PhysX.

Please take my apologies, my first post was impermissible derisive. Just saw too many similar threads for past years.. no offence :)

Played it on PS3, there is also a PC demo with GPU PhysX?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vINH6Z9kqgI

Last edited:
I've already contributed all released games with GPU support. Seven. It's a fact.
Unreleased - Batman: AA, Star Tales, Nurien, MKZ, U-wars, Metro 2003, Terminator Salvation, Dark Void, Darkest of Days.. maybe Nvidia will reveal some others

Learn to read and count:

Alpha Prime
Nurien/Star Tales
Metal Knight Zero
U-WARS (release Q4 2009)
Terminator 3 (when the patch comes out)
Batman Arkham Asylum uses physx.

2nd:

Alpha Prime, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth, City of Villains have nothing to do with GPU PhysX

This is from your personal opinion or experience? cuz last time i checked Alpha Prime and City of Villains utilize GPU PhsX just fine on my PC.

Welcome to the club. ;) Some people just like to rant.

The list is big because it contains multiple platforms and games in development. Anyone who cares to read it can understand which games (PC) can take advantage of PhysX acceleration. It's all explained in four short sentences with no big words. :D It's not a complete list, but covers most of the major games in development or which have been released. The quality that acceleration adds to some of the released titles is open to debate though.
What I said makes perfect sense.

PC titles that do not take advantage of PhysX hardware acceleration are ommitted from this listing.

That list is huge and most of the PC titles listed on there only are Software PhysX, which means the hardware card will not accelerate it. For example, I own Vegas. It's on that list, thus not omitted, and does not support hardware PhysX support. I also own GRAW, which does support it, and it advertises the hardware support on the box. Don't you think these games would mention the hardware support if they did? Only a few titles advertise support. You know, the ones that really support it. There are bolded white titles there that do support it, and it looks like a lot of those are true hardware support. If so, why hide them amongst a huge list of non-supported games?

Like I said, that list includes games that use PhysX software (cpu) physics. I want a list that only shows games that are accelerated by PhysX hardware. Nvidia won't supply that list because it's extremely small. The post above me has a link where they are finding out for real what games are supported with hardware/gpu. I applaud him for that.

Last edited:
Updated the OP with the released games from the thread, unreleased games will be added later when they are released and after it is confirmed that GPU PhysX is working.

I have to agree with bigdogchris.

A useful list would be one that lists only titles where you will get something out of having a dedicated piece of hardware for physx.

For example mirror's edge has physx yes, but my computer can do everything that game requires at high frame rates (using the CPU for physx). There would be no point for me to buy hardware for mirror's edge because it wouldn't change anything.

EDIT I"M WRONG READ LATER

Last edited:
the next games to include gpu physx will be capcom's dark void and take2's mafia 2 next jan. possibly futuremark's shattered horizon coming out before the end of the yearr may have some kind of gpu physx, but i'm not sure.

Anybody knows if any new titles coming up with physX?
Well, that's U-Wars, MKZ, Dark Void and.. Star Tales. Support for some titles, like Borderlands, was announced about a year ago, and no news since than.

I think some other games are in the works, but PhysX support will be announced close to game release, like it was with Batman Arkham Asylum.

I really thought more games took advantage of GPU PhysX than this. Of the many titles that use PhysX for physics, I had thought at least a 1/4 of them had GPU acceleration for it. A full list of titles that actually use GPU acceleration will certainly make buying decisions regarding vid cards and games a bit more informed.

I really thought more games took advantage of GPU PhysX than this. Of the many titles that use PhysX for physics, I had thought at least a 1/4 of them had GPU acceleration for it. A full list of titles that actually use GPU acceleration will certainly make buying decisions regarding vid cards and games a bit more informed.
I've made a couple post in this thread calling out Nvidia on the phony list and I just got bitched at. I just did it because it was really confusing for me too with the games they listed. They were not actually accelerated by hardware and people took Nvidia's side on it. Either way, in a new revolution today ...

Nvidia has actually updated their list of games and only list those that actually support PhysX hardware acceleration, rather than having that old list which claimed non-hardware accelerated titles were removed, even though they really were not. That list has been moved to another link.

Official List of Hardware Accelerated PhysX Titles

• Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Crazy Machines II
  • Cryostasis
  • Dark Void
  • Darkest of Days
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (GRAW2)
  • Metal Knight Zero Online (MKZ)
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Nurien
  • PT Boats: Knights of the Sea
  • Sacred 2
  • Star Tales
  • Unreal Tournament 3
  • Unreal Tournament 3: Extreme Physics Mod
  • U-WARS
  • Warmonger: Operation Downtown Destruction

It's about damn time. Here's the Link.

Last edited:
I've made a couple post in this thread calling out Nvidia on the phony list and I just got bitched at. I just did it because it was really confusing for me too with the games they listed. They were not actually accelerated by hardware and people took Nvidia's side on it. Either way, in a new revolution today ...

Nvidia has actually updated their list of games and only list those that actually support PhysX hardware acceleration, rather than having that old list which claimed non-hardware accelerated titles were removed, even though they really were not. That list has been moved to another link.

Official List of Hardware Accelerated PhysX Titles

• Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Crazy Machines II
  • Cryostasis
  • Dark Void
  • Darkest of Days
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (GRAW2)
  • Metal Knight Zero Online (MKZ)
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Nurien
  • PT Boats: Knights of the Sea
  • Sacred 2
  • Star Tales
  • Unreal Tournament 3
  • Unreal Tournament 3: Extreme Physics Mod
  • U-WARS
  • Warmonger: Operation Downtown Destruction

It's about damn time. Here's the Link.
Wow, the list is suprisingly longer than mine, but unsuprisingly short. So UT3 will be accelerated by GPU even without the PhysX mod?

Wow, the list is suprisingly longer than mine, but unsuprisingly short. So UT3 will be accelerated by GPU even without the PhysX mod?

The PPU gave better performance in UT, even in stock maps...don't know about GPU though.

This list is better:
http://physxinfo.com/http://www.vizworld.com/tag/havok/

All the info you want....including upcomming games.
Yeah your right, and I commented on it a month or two ago about how I'm happy he's doing this for us since at the time Nvidia refused to. I purposely posted the Official information because I was (still am) completely shocked that Nvidia had the balls to do it (since it is so short).

Back