Anyone having problems with the Unigine Heaven Benchmark?

eric_bazile

Weaksauce
So I went ahead and installed the Unigine Heaven Benchmark and have extreme artifacts while in DX11 mode with tessellation enabled. DX10 mode runs fine, DX11 mode with tessellation disabled runs fine, but once I run the benchmark with tessellation enabled from the start menu it creates hoards of artifacts during the bench. The oddest part is that when I toggle tessellation off the artifacts are still there, but when I launch the game without tessellation from the menu there aren't any artifacts. :confused:

Anyone experiencing this also?

happens on second system in my signature.

Odd, are you running at stock clocks on the vid card? I think this benchmark is still in beta form. Have yet to see problems on my 5850. Try lowering clocks and ramping up your vid card fan.

Odd, are you running at stock clocks on the vid card? I think this benchmark is still in beta form. Have yet to see problems on my 5850. Try lowering clocks and ramping up your vid card fan.

Clocks are at stock speed, this damn program has me stumped. I'd blame the card as having a defective tessellation unit but I can't because the artifacting stays once tessellation is disabled via toggling it off while it's running. Though there is no artifacts if you have tesselation disabled before the program is launched????? :mad:

What drivers are you using?

I can't even run the benchmark. Gives some kind of Direct X error and asks me to update my DX, which I did to no avail. All my games run fine.

Are you running windows 7 or vista + DX11?

What temperature is your card running at through the benchmark? I don't know how tessellation is implemented in the RV870 but it could be that launching the benchmark with tessellation on could be activating the tessellation units and then turning tessellation back off inside the benchmark doesn't properly deactivate them and that the extra heat the units produce are causing the artifacts.

Maybe you can try a different set of drivers.

Are you running windows 7 or vista + DX11?

What temperature is your card running at through the benchmark? I don't know how tessellation is implemented in the RV870 but it could be that launching the benchmark with tessellation on could be activating the tessellation units and then turning tessellation back off inside the benchmark doesn't properly deactivate them and that the extra heat the units produce are causing the artifacts.

Maybe you can try a different set of drivers.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with the Catalyst 9.10 Drivers. I'm gonna put the older "Recommended" Drivers on and see if that changes anything. So far this card plays through any game I throw at it without problems. I find it hard to believe that the tessellation unit is pushing it over the edge to make or break an overheating problem. I've thrown tons at this card, games, video, GPGPU benches, etc......No problems at all. Just this benchmark/demo!

You can try these beta drivers @ ATI, supposedly they have a lot of fixes for previous driver versions...and these should be newer than the official 9.10 drivers.

The download is listed as: ati-opencl-beta-driver-v2.0-beta4-"your O/S here".zip (XXXMB)

You can try these beta drivers @ ATI, supposedly they have a lot of fixes for previous driver versions...and these should be newer than the official 9.10 drivers.

The download is listed as: ati-opencl-beta-driver-v2.0-beta4-"your O/S here".zip (XXXMB)

even this is newer than 9.10, but there are some fix that is not in this version but in 9.10

such as RE 5 AA problem..

Same problem here too. Using Catalyst 9.10 and Win 7 Pro 64-bit. Tesselation enabled before starting the benchmark causes the textures to go crazy and disabled during the benchmark doesn't remove the problem. There are no problems when starting the benchmark with tesselation disabled and then enabled. GPU temps are around 60c~

If it's happening without overclocks, then I'd run furmark or ati tool and check for stability. I'm using the beta driver I posted above. What kind of artifacts are you talking about? Post a screen shot of the artifacts...you can do this by pressing f12 during the benchmark. If the screenshot doesn't capture the artifact, supposedly, it's not the video card that has the issue...I read that somewhere and am not sure of the validity of it though.

So I went ahead and installed the Unigine Heaven Benchmark and have extreme artifacts while in DX11 mode with tessellation enabled. DX10 mode runs fine, DX11 mode with tessellation disabled runs fine, but once I run the benchmark with tessellation enabled from the start menu it creates hoards of artifacts during the bench. The oddest part is that when I toggle tessellation off the artifacts are still there, but when I launch the game without tessellation from the menu there aren't any artifacts. :confused:

Anyone experiencing this also?

happens on second system in my signature.

If you're 100% certain your clock speeds are at their default speed, I would recommend you remove and re-install your video card driver. Make sure to sure Catalyst 9.10 or the latest beta driver.

For what it's worth, Heaven runs just fine on my dual 5850's with the older beta Catalyst that was used during launch, 8.66. I have no artifacts at stock speeds or overclocked with DX11 and tesselation enabled.

Man, I'm worried now. I uninstalled 9.10 and used the 8.66 drivers and still get the crazy textures with tesselation enabled. Here's a pic. I'm not overclocking at all and temps are 40c idle and 60-70c load. Any other idea on what could be the problem? Other games play fine and run great, though.

See bottom right of the roof of the house.

00000.jpg

EDIT: I tried uninstalling, redownloading, and installing the demo again and still the same deal.

Last edited:
Could be bad vram. Don't RMA the card, why bother with the hassle. Return it for a refund, then buy another one.

I've heard things where raising the voltage might help...and problems arising with asus cards and msi afterburner.

Just return it to be safe though.

Could be bad vram. Don't RMA the card, why bother with the hassle. Return it for a refund, then buy another one.

I've heard things where raising the voltage might help...and problems arising with asus cards and msi afterburner.

Just return it to be safe though.

return for refund on newegg will have 15% restock fee...

You guys sure it's actually the card? All my other games run fine and also the other DX11 benchmarks too (Ladybug and the robot one). Could it just be the Heaven program itself? But then again you guys have no problems with it with tesselation on. Weird.

No problems with Furmark either. Running at stock clocks (725/1000)

Last edited:
I have problem to run the unigine heaven in DX11 mode with or without tesselantion

The benchmark freezes after loading.
In DX10 mode runs fine.

All games and 3Dmark Vantage runs fine too.

I´m using Windows 7 32bit Ultimate, using catalyts 9.10 and this one http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ATIStreamSDKBetaProgram/Pages/default.aspx#five but don´t work.

My system

Q9550
4GB OCZ Heaper 1066
Gigabyte P35 DS3
XFX 5850
PS Corsair 650TX

I solved my problem...

I tried the WinVista w/ SP2 and DX11 and the benchmark runs fine.

When I go back to Windows 7, I tried to run benchmark again and at this time I waited for 35secs while Window Status showing "Not Responding..." so the bench mark starts normally.

All problems are solved, the problem was my patience lack. ;)

yes i got too problem but maybe this is software problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByiZV0vzHjE

look from 3:00 to 3:05 second ...........a strange line ( flicker ) like artifacts for me , but always near dragon , when camera is turn arounding ......look i got the same line on my pc but in other place , in up of screen ,its almost the same

uniginet.jpg

This is the problem I'm getting with my new 5850. It works great in DX10 and DX9 and every other game works great in DX11. Any ideas?

Back