Liquid between PSP screen!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 143938
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 143938

I don't know what to do, I'm at a complete loss. I've bought a PSP 3000 and it ended up having some kind of liquid trapped in the screen. I replaced it about 8 times now and they ALL had this problem! It's most noticeable at dark scenes and scenes where it goes from dark to bright..

28rgnmf.jpg
Is what it looks like

PSP002-1.jpg
And here is what it looks like in real life (not my picture, someone else took it)

I've gone through 8 PSP 3000's now... 7 from Best Buy, finally got enough and thought they got a defective shipment so I got a refund, went to EB Games and got another, and same fucking deal!

If I remember correctly the PSP 3000s has a scan line problem which many gamers hated.

Probably a bad batch from whoever makes the LCD screens for them. I can't imagine how many bad ones were shipped out.

its backlight bleed. The CCFL, fits around the screen edges and that is what you are seeing leaking through. Probably the light diffuser is not correctly applied to the screen. i.e the adhesive is not uniform letting some light leak through the edges. OR it could be the screen is tightened too much around the edge slightly applying pressure to the edge of the screen

These are just moderately uneducated guesses mind you :p. Could just be a bad batch. Try getting a refund and buying from elsewhere.

its backlight bleed. The CCFL, fits around the screen edges and that is what you are seeing leaking through. Probably the light diffuser is not correctly applied to the screen. i.e the adhesive is not uniform letting some light leak through the edges. OR it could be the screen is tightened too much around the edge slightly applying pressure to the edge of the screen

These are just moderately uneducated guesses mind you :p. Could just be a bad batch. Try getting a refund and buying from elsewhere.

Yeah I did that with Best Buy and went out and bought one from GameStop (EB Games). Just got back from another EB Games, and had them replace it. Yet another bad one. No clue :confused:

It's not TERRIBLE. But I'm OCD and a perfectionist, so it's quite irritating me just knowing there's a problem, even though I don't see it 95% of the time lol

edit: on the official PS forum there's a thread about this. the OP said he owned his PSP for 4 months now and just noticed this. So I don't think it's a bad batch that my town got

Here is my actual PSP. Looks around the edges of the screen

dscf0039u.jpg

Wow FOR FUCKS SAKE! Now there's really bad ghosting/scan lines like others have mentioned in other threads!!! I didn't have it anywhere this bad on all the previous PSPs I exchanged!!!! RIDICULOUS I"M GOING TO THROW UPPPPPPPPPPP

This one is unplayable and unreadable at fast motion. This one was manufactured on 9-10-09

All the others I've had were made on 10-x-09. Apparently they fixed the scan lines/ghosting in the revisions made after October 2009. Now I have to replace it again! /puke

yeah looks like back light bleeding. It can be caused by heat or the screen being pinched around the edges.

i have a psp 1000 and 2000, they also have this, I can garrentee you its not the screen, its the plastic cover over the screen, it gets thicker towards the edges and causes distortion, makes it look like there is liquid traped in the screen. I have had both of them apart (had an ant infestation befor I moved, little fuckers got into my psp's, both survived) and have had both of them powered on without the case on, there is no distortion outside of the case, and when you hold the clear part up to a light you can see the distortion on the edges of the cover.

short story, its not the screen, but rather the case/shell

i have a psp 1000 and 2000, they also have this, I can garrentee you its not the screen, its the plastic cover over the screen, it gets thicker towards the edges and causes distortion, makes it look like there is liquid traped in the screen. I have had both of them apart (had an ant infestation befor I moved, little fuckers got into my psp's, both survived) and have had both of them powered on without the case on, there is no distortion outside of the case, and when you hold the clear part up to a light you can see the distortion on the edges of the cover.

short story, its not the screen, but rather the case/shell

I don't think that is it, because every PSP I exchanged had a different pattern. More noticeable in some spot, less in another. More curved on one side, less on another, etc. But interesting. I'll take your word for it. Now just one last exchange to get a newer model so I don't have this blurring effect.

Any ideas on what I could say to get a replacement? I had a hella time getting a replacement tonight from Gamestop, unlike how easy it was with Best Buy. No way they'll let me use the same excuse to get another. And the blurring effect is a known issue with the 3000s, one of clerks even thought I was referring to that when I mentioned the liquid deal for some reason. They won't let me use that either.

If I say that it sometimes errors out of games, do you think they'll buy it? Or do they have UMDs and stuff to test it on the spot?

I agree with Thor, its the casing that is causing the bleeding. Its pretty common on LCD's from the PSPs, monitors, or TV's. Its not always perfectly consistent, but usually occurs around the edges or in corners.

Back