Panasonic 37" Inch IPS-Panel 1080p LCD ($449 shipped, no tax) /// Also 32" for $409

Dylan80

[H]ard|Gawd
37" / 32" Panasonic IPS panels on sale... These for sure have IPS panels in them, I double checked

Well reviewed display / monitor. Also, check out this models thread on avsforum for the best display settings.

Panasonic 32" 1080p IPS Panel LCD Display - $409 shipped free + free 30 day returns
((As of 1/9/2011 it is now on sale for $375 shipped!!!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...rds=B00391Z83G&url=search-alias%3Delectronics

Panasonic 37" 1080p IPS Panel LCD Display - $449 shipped free + free 30 day returns
http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...rds=B0039C9GCY&url=search-alias%3Delectronics

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
no tax for me, great fucking prices for IPS panel

Temptingggg for a new monitor. These work great as PC monitors for sure, plus as HDTVs.
2-in-1 :) Temptingggg

DAMNIT! Just bought the 32" earlier today and did not notice that the 37" was less then $50 more. :(

Well its for the bedroom so...

37" might actually be too big for a monitor, at least at that resolution.

The 32" sounds great though. Like everyone else I"m stuck worrying about taxes/work at this time though.

gah, wish I had jumped on the lightning deal for the 37" for $400 yesterday. Oh well, my 32" 700un works great for me for now. Great post, op, this is definitely a great deal on a good display!

The 32" sounds great though. Like everyone else I"m stuck worrying about taxes/work at this time though.

wank.gif
... A monitor can never be too big :p

If you sit about 3 ft away its just fine.

Just fine and epic. lol

I had one next to my Dell 30" and it dwarfed it. It was crazy how much bigger 7"'s of screen is.

$486 For me. Seems like a good deal for an IPS panel. Just not sure on Ghosting, or lag. So im gonna hold out.

Just fine and epic. lol

I had one next to my Dell 30" and it dwarfed it. It was crazy how much bigger 7"'s of screen is.

7"s is a big diffrence, at least thats what she said:eek:

Just fine and epic. lol

Sure But it's hard to find desk more than 30 inches in depth or more.

$486 For me. Seems like a good deal for an IPS panel. Just not sure on Ghosting, or lag. So im gonna hold out.

According to a guy who did ghost testing, no ghosting on this panel

"Compared to the Toshiba 32RV530U its replacing, it has noticably better whites and darks, however the Toshiba has more detail in dark areas. The screen on the Panny is also much brighter when its an all dark screen with backlight at 50, but going lower reduces the detail even further. Been juggling backlight, contrast, and brightness for about two hours.

Colors are better, except for red. Had to turn color to 45 and tint to +4 green to get more natural skin tones because of it.

I dont like the lack of adjustments. Its pretty basic, with no individual color control at all. But at least they are pretty accurate, and blue has never looked so good to me on a screen this size.

Text is easy to read. And there is no ghosting at all, while there is on my Toshiba. Responce time is better then what Ive seen around here as well. From 0-30ms. I had one picture of 0ms, one of 10ms, two of 20ms, and three of 30ms. Never any more then that.
"

wish i had the spare cash right now, since my desk can fit it....

is this a better option that a LG 37LD450 ?
No. The LG xxLD450 series does proper 4:4:4, has lower input lag, there's a panel lottery on them but you can avoid that by purchasing one in-store and checking the sku on the box.

But otherwise the original deal in this thread was unbeatable for what you would be getting (U22 series Panasonic). There was a GoldBox deal on the 37" U22 the other day, can you believe it was only $399 shipped (?!)

There's plenty of info on the U22 Panasonic both [H]ere and especially the AVS forums.

Last edited:

I'm using a 37 Westinghouse and think it's a near perfect resolution. I'm glad I bought the thing everytime I sit down in front of it and it's now about seven years old.

facck, I have $350 in amazon gift cards sitting here.....damn 32" would make a sexy monitor.

I'm using a 37 Westinghouse and think it's a near perfect resolution. I'm glad I bought the thing everytime I sit down in front of it and it's now about seven years old.
Holy wow, 7 year old WESTINGHOUSE, nonetheless..... I keep hearing about that one monitor, I remember the deal way back when somewhere. Very surprising.

I can't wait to test out that beast
drool.gif

37" / 32" Panasonic IPS panels on sale... These for sure have IPS panels in them, I double checked

Well reviewed display / monitor. Also, check out this models thread on avsforum for the best display settings.

Panasonic 32" 1080p IPS Panel LCD Display - $409 shipped free + free 30 day returns
((As of 1/9/2011 it is now on sale for $375 shipped!!!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...rds=B00391Z83G&url=search-alias%3Delectronics

Panasonic 37" 1080p IPS Panel LCD Display - $449 shipped free + free 30 day returns
http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...rds=B0039C9GCY&url=search-alias%3Delectronics

Whoa, the 32" Panasonic IPS U22 is just $375 shipped now :eek:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Damnit.. Bought it back on the 4th for $416 shipped from Amazon and now the price is lower.

Hmm.. "From Amazon"
This item qualifies for the TV Low Price Guarantee, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime, and Free 30 Day TV Returns

I've submited the lower price details and it says i'll get a response within 24-48 hours.. Anyone have any experiance with getting the lower price from Amazon?

$375 is a total no brainer!

EDIT:

Just wanted to report that i got a response from Amazon about 2 hours later stating that i'll get $32 and change back! :)

Last edited:
The trick for using a 37" (a good size) as a desktop monitor is to wall mount it with a low-profile mount.

The desk doesn't need to be particularly deep, just a slide out keyboard/mouse tray. That puts your seating distance very comfortable for 1080P.

The trick for using a 37" (a good size) as a desktop monitor is to wall mount it with a low-profile mount.

The desk doesn't need to be particularly deep, just a slide out keyboard/mouse tray. That puts your seating distance very comfortable for 1080P.

My desk is about 3 feet in depth and I have the 32" sitting just at the edge of the back of it against the wall. I agree, its perfect for a FULL VIEW 1920 desktop :p

Yeah, sold out of the 32" :(

The 37" is still on sale for $30 bucks more so might as well get the extra 5" (thats was she said any way! :p )

No. The LG xxLD450 series does proper 4:4:4, has lower input lag, there's a panel lottery on them but you can avoid that by purchasing one in-store and checking the sku on the box.

But otherwise the original deal in this thread was unbeatable for what you would be getting (U22 series Panasonic). There was a GoldBox deal on the 37" U22 the other day, can you believe it was only $399 shipped (?!)

There's plenty of info on the U22 Panasonic both [H]ere and especially the AVS forums.

Those are the ONLY good things about the LG, I have one of each, and I HATE looking at the LG. Its literally god awful to look at in terms of picture quality. I have it, the 32U22, and a 46in Samsung LNC630 all in the same room.

Im CTM Audi over at AVS, here is what I wrote there about the U22.
Compaired to the Toshiba 32RV530U its replacing, it has noticably better whites and darks, however the Toshiba has more detail in dark areas. The screen on the Panny is also much brighter when its an all dark screen with backlight at 50, but going lower reduces the detail even further. Been juggling backlight, contrast, and brightness for about two hours.

Colors are better, except for red. Had to turn color to 45 and tint to +4 green to get more natural skin tones because of it.

I dont like the lack of adjustments. Its pretty basic, with no individual color control at all. But at least they are pretty accurate, and blue has never looked so good to me on a screen this size.

Text is easy to read. And there is no ghosting at all, while there is on my Toshiba. Responce time is better then what Ive seen around here as well. From 0-30ms. I had one picture of 0ms, one of 10ms, two of 20ms, and three of 30ms. Never any more then that.

Its the monitor for my gaming PC, and its amazing. Only problem is I sit about 2ft away and have to turn my head to go from middle to edge. Also gives me a headache sitting so close if I play for more then a few hours without a break.

Also, Panasonic direct EPP had the 32in for $360, and the 37in for $410 or something like that. Not sure if they still do or not.

Its the monitor for my gaming PC, and its amazing. Only problem is I sit about 2ft away and have to turn my head to go from middle to edge. Also gives me a headache sitting so close if I play for more then a few hours without a break.

Holy shit, only 2 feet away? Man, in your face for sure. Maybe you should back away at least another foot man, that can't be good for the noggin all :eek:

but its good for the visuals.... no doubt you're "in the zone chief" ;)

They have the warehouse open box models of the 32" for $355 shipped. Does that seem like a good deal? Anyone know what their warranty policy is on open box items?

Holy shit, only 2 feet away? Man, in your face for sure. Maybe you should back away at least another foot man, that can't be good for the noggin all :eek:

but its good for the visuals.... no doubt you're "in the zone chief" ;)

My desk is exactly 2ft wide, and the TV sits about 8in from the back of it (as far back as it will go). I have my head around a foot from the desk, but sometimes I lean in.

My monitor is wall mounted. And I'm looking to go 42, I keep getting conflicting opinions anyone have experience with the Lanny 42" u22, vs this panny 37" vs say the LG 42ld450?

I know I want a ips panel and I'm itching to pull the trigger as my backup 21" sucks lol

My monitor is wall mounted. And I'm looking to go 42, I keep getting conflicting opinions anyone have experience with the Lanny 42" u22, vs this panny 37" vs say the LG 42ld450?

I researched a lot last week for an HDTV that would work as a monitor... and there was a lot of positive monitor reviews that did like the Panasonic U22 series as a monitor/HDTV combo, especially with this IPS panel in it.... also yes, as well as the ld450 had a couple pos. monitor reviews, and lastly the lower-end Insignia 32" 60hz at Worst Buy is supposedly, from what I've read, not a bad monitor HDTV combo for around this same price basically. Oh, and lots of people say get a 60hz if you plan on using an 27+" HDTV as a monitor since it makes things look rather "fake" and unoriginal in 120hz TV models, so don't splurge on the more expensive 120hz if you plan to use an HDTV as a monitor.

Those are the ONLY good things about the LG, I have one of each, and I HATE looking at the LG. Its literally god awful to look at in terms of picture quality. I have it, the 32U22, and a 46in Samsung LNC630 all in the same room.

Hmm, well it's pretty known that, as far as raw panels go, IPS-alpha is superior to S-IPS in terms of picture quality. I just keep reading mixed reviews of their 2010 variant, the U22 posted here. As if their 2010 implementation was worse than the 2008 and 2009 models. Maybe it was just the usual suspects exaggerating and bemoaning the smudged red fonts (broken 4:4:4) and slightly higher input lag?

I'll ask it, but i probably know the answer already, but did you try different tweaks on the LD450? The LD450 has so many fans now, that your findings actually surprised me, i guess most others haven't compared anything with it side by side?

Either way, it's good to hear from someone who owns both, and that the U22 not only holds up well, it sounds like it provides the better picture between the two.

You may or may not remember, but i have the 2009 Panny (L32S1, just an FYI btw).

I know I want a ips panel and I'm itching to pull the trigger as my backup 21" sucks lol
Everyone expects something different in a TV monitor, we also have different tolerances. The safest thing to do in your case is to purchase from a store that allows easy returns and exchanges, if you don't like your first choice then you can exchange it for the other model. And if the store policy is lenient enough, you can purchase both models at the same time, then return the TV you don't like.

Last edited:
I just plugged in my 37" model. Intial impression is that it is a fair bit better than the LG 32LE5300 VA panel I have recently checked out. The text is really pretty decent. Not monitor perfect, but fairly tolerable for even a picky person. It is almost too big for me at initial impression. It is about three feet away and I feel i have to turn my head to look left and right, though really it's just my eyes :p.

Coming from a 24" LCD this is a HUGE jump. Red font isn't terrible, more importantly the Hardforum page looks good --- which is a forum that can usually ruin your impression of a TV as a monitor. Mouse lag isn't present. I'm kinda particular about monitors and I'll have to play with this a bit more to see if I can put up with 'tolerable' text over 'precise' like my Soyo 24" MPVA panel. ---- Maybe I'm just going to have to be of the opinion that you need those super high resolutions for a monitor this size!?!?! --- but I hope not!

I've not found any configuring guides and thus far done very little tweaking so I need to spend some time here. I'll report back.

I think after using it tonight that I've almost decided it is too big for use as a computer monitor. It works fairly well as a PC monitor and even better as a bluray player. It looks fantastic with Avatar - colors are vivid and clear! I sense just the TINEST bit of lag over a regular monitor when gaming, it is better than the LG 32le5300's lag....

The 2010 Pannys are not as good as the 09s or the LD450 in terms of input lag or PC use. But in terms of overall picture quality it blows the LG away, and is a little better then the 09 Pannys.

So for PC use the 09 Pannys and the LD450 would rank about a 10.
For PQ, the 09 Pannys would be about 8, the 10 Pannys about 9, and the LD450 about 5.

To me the drastic PQ difference is more then enough to sacrafice 4:4:4 and .5 frame delay. At the very most you are looking at 2 frames on the U22s, which no one would ever never notice anyway. The text could be better yes, but its still better then most, and more then usable daily.

Ive compaired the Sammy C550, LD350/400/450, Panny U22/C22s, and the Insignia equivelent. The Sammy had the best picture quality, but not that far ahead of the Pannys. The Insignia came after the Pannys but still ahead of the LG.

Ive had a lot of expeirance setting up TVs (not with proffesional equipment, but still use lagom and different free stuff thats around) and there is nothing at all I can do to the LG to give a picture thats close to good. I got it cheap, and gave it to my GF for 360 use, so I dont care really. But if it were for me, Id never get it.

I actually prefer the PQ on the LG's over the Panasonic and Samsung offerings. I really enjoy the tuning options of the LGs as well. I had a Samsung 550 and I thought it looked like crap compared to the 37" LH30 I had. I hated it. Wish I had never returned the LH30.

Last edited:
Back