***[H]ard Warning to Everyone***

Status
Not open for further replies.

STRESSTEST

2[H]4U
Guys, you all should be warned about this company. http://www.pccoolerus.com/

They are sending out email to countless thousands now saying they are the makers/distributors of the 7000 series Zalman coolers.

Copy of email:

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "John Cheung" <[email protected]>
> Cc: <recipient list not shown:>
> Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 7:36 AM
> Subject: ALL COMPATIBLE CPU coolers
>
>
> > Dear Sir,
> >
> >
> > We are now pushing the ALL COMPATIBLE CPU coolers as the Generation
Next
> to
> > the market. Yes,it's ALL COMPATIBLE for the mainboards in Socket
> 478,Socket
> > 462,Socket 754!!
> >
> > Sounds crazy but true!
> >
> > Do not hesitake to contact us if you like it.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > John Cheung
> > SM of PCCOOLER
> >
> > http://www.pccoolerus.com
> > E-mail: [email protected]
> > Tel: +86 755 8471 4404 /8471 4880
> > Fax: +86 755 8471 4364

I've spoken to Zalman and they had this to say:

" Zalman contacted them and sent a consultant to their offices and found that they do not really exist. They are a fictitious paper company. I think they know what they are doing is illegal but are trying to get suckers to send them money. "

Just thought I'd let you guys know before you get suckered.

-Stress

Schens.

Bastards like these guys should not be allowed near computers anymore.

thx for the headsup

"Do not hesitake to contact us if you like it."

heheheheh

why am i suposed to avoid this company? is it about the mounting specs or something?

after all, newegg has this to say about the hsf

ZALMAN CNPS7000A-Cu Pure Copper CPU Cooler for AMD XP Socket 462/ 754 and Intel Socket 478

Specification:
Compatibility: Intel socket478 Pentium 4 / socket478 Celeron, AMD socket462 CPU, AMD socket754 Athlon 64 / socket940 Athlon 64 FX / socket940 Opteron (Single / Dual)

here: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-109&depa=0

Originally posted by kllrnohj
why am i suposed to avoid this company? is it about the mounting specs or something?

ZALMAN CNPS7000A-Cu Pure Copper CPU Cooler for AMD XP Socket 462/ 754 and Intel Socket 478

Specification:
Compatibility: Intel socket478 Pentium 4 / socket478 Celeron, AMD socket462 CPU, AMD socket754 Athlon 64 / socket940 Athlon 64 FX / socket940 Opteron (Single / Dual)

here: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-109&depa=0

You should avoid them because the 1) they are not the makers of it and 2) the company does not exist, they are an email scam.

Specification:

Ehh if I have understood correctly what he's saying is that this is a scam fake company trying to steal your money, they've basically copied a template computer manufacturer site/zalmans website and made it seem "legit" as to fool people and have fans with pictures stolen from zalman and crap like that then have them buy these "super valued price" coolers over credit card or something and lose all their money.

Anyway, the thing on NewEgg is the *real* thing, good 'ol Zalman.

PS. Hate fuckards like these, fraud on the web is really getting ridicilous just look how easy it is for them with some simple wysiwyg and some graphics program. Good thing they're linguistic skills are close to null otherwise the fraud their running would be eaven more difficult to recognize. Good that you inform of these kind of things word has to be spread and hopefully this idiot or idiots will be located and prosecuted in some manner if possible.

i still can't see how this is a scam

1) they never say the make the HSF in their e-mail

2) i went to the sight, and even thou they look really close, their are differences between that and the zalman - some of them are extremely different (dual fan ones too)

3) anyone have proof it is a scam? like personall experience with this company and/or know someone who does?

4) if it WAS a scam, don't you think ppl would have posted about it on resellerratings.com? as of yet, no complaints have been made (nor compliments, but that isn't the point)

does the quote:

Originally posted by STRESSTEST
I've spoken to Zalman and they had this to say:

" Zalman contacted them and sent a consultant to their offices and found that they do not really exist. They are a fictitious paper company. I think they know what they are doing is illegal but are trying to get suckers to send them money. "

mean anyhting to you?

It is a scam because:

1) they are trying to get you to buy a heatsink from them that they do not make, do not have, does not exist, and from a company that is non-existant. A website doesnt imply that a company actually does business. Anybody can have a website that says anything they want.

2) they are obviously using a Zalman patented design (hence Zalmans involvment above), which under international law, cannot be sold by anyone except Zalman. That is why the above quote is important. Zalman did the investigation and found that the company does not exist, and only SAY they sell these products to get money from people.

Thats why its a scam.

3) anyone have proof it is a scam? like personall experience with this company and/or know someone who does?

4) if it WAS a scam, don't you think ppl would have posted about it on resellerratings.com? as of yet, no complaints have been made (nor compliments, but that isn't the point)

You really think all venders are submitted to resellerratings.com? First of all, nobody buys from them because its very obviously a scam product. Second of all, they arent a reseller. Newegg is a reseller, meaning that they buy products in bulk for a low price, and sell them (hence REseller) for a slightly higher price to make a profit.

Why don't YOU buy from them? You seem to think that this isnt a scam, so prove it. If you actually do get a product from them, I'll not only buy it from you, I'll give you an extra 50$ for you time. Consider this a challenge.

Tell me, have you ever recieved an ad mail from Zalman? nope? that's what I thought.

Now why would a legit company send out mass spam....? it is illegal in many countries even lol.

Hehe, is this seriously your defense that it is not a scam? :D

Perhaps a little clarification from us (Zalman USA, Inc.) would help.

1. The Zalman 7000-series coolers are based on intellectual property owned by Zalman. Utility and design patent applications have been filed worldwide. The technology has not been licensed or sold to anybody.

2. The cooler (yes, it does actually exist) manufactured by PC Cooler is an obvious rip-off of the design of the Zalman cooler and risks patent infringement in all countries where the Zalman patent applications have been filed.

3. PC Cooler claims to have received patents in China. Although this is hard to believe, even if true, Zalman patents were filed earlier. Further, although the Chinese patent system is improving, enforcement and utility within China is near impossible (read: no longer a complete joke, but still nearly useless).

4. We are vigorously investigating PC Coolers business activities as it relates to the manufacture and distribution of the 7000 look-alike coolers. We have hired investigators to visit PC Coolers offices and factories. When the investigators arrived at their purported address, there was nothing.

5. We have heard reports from our Chinese distributors of the Zalman coolers that the PC Coolers are being sold in China. Our distributors in other parts of the world have received the same e-mails mentioned by StressTest, however, we have not heard reports of any being sold outside China.

6. We will vigorously defend and enforce our intellectual property. Distribution/selling of the 7000 look-alike coolers is illegal and we will seek injunctions and claim damages from all those involved.

7. To distributors/resellers: The danger is not being suckered into sending them money. The danger is PC Cooler is being deceptive, trying to profit from Zalman's research and development, while the end-user/distributor receives inferior products that are potentially contraband.

If you have any concerns or questions regarding this matter, please contact us. [email protected]

Thank you Zalman USA. Your dedication to your customers and your product is outstanding.

We are greatful for your efforts into both spreading the word about PCcooling, and looking after the interests of all of us in the cooling community.

dont get the POS knock off, (dont think anyone was but i have to say it)

Get the real deal, i have 2 of the 7000's (one cu and one alcu) and they work great even at full speed they are not load at all.

i have 5 of the 6000's (2 in 2 dual setups, 1 single cpu setup) and they work great, and just like the 7000's they rock even at full speed, great cooling and very low noise.

and some pics of them.

the dual amd setup

P1010010.JPG

dual p3 setup

dualp3zalmansetup.JPG

and single p4 setup note i had to remove fan gard on the psu for it to fit right in the case (not zalmans fault, short case :()

zalman setup for daga P1010001.JPG

wow... what support from Zalman. I tell you what, just from reading this thread, (and owning a few of their products) I'm a [H]ard fan of Zalman...

I must thank you Zalman USA for taking your time to post. This is truely, a rareity.

-Logiks

to all, i was not trying to defend the company (may have sounded that way) i was merely trying to understand completely why this was a scam, as it was not immediately apparant to me....

did anyone else notice how most of the images are 3d renders? and not a real heatsink?

actually, they all look like that, i just need a larger picture to be able to tell for sure on the zalman one.

Originally posted by Logiks
wow... what support from Zalman. I tell you what, just from reading this thread, (and owning a few of their products) I'm a [H]ard fan of Zalman...

I must thank you Zalman USA for taking your time to post. This is truely, a rareity.

-Logiks

w00t.

Originally posted by ZalmanUSA-TechMktg
Perhaps a little clarification from us (Zalman USA, Inc.) would help.

1. The Zalman 7000-series coolers are based on intellectual property owned by Zalman. Utility and design patent applications have been filed worldwide. The technology has not been licensed or sold to anybody.

2. The cooler (yes, it does actually exist) manufactured by PC Cooler is an obvious rip-off of the design of the Zalman cooler and risks patent infringement in all countries where the Zalman patent applications have been filed.

3. PC Cooler claims to have received patents in China. Although this is hard to believe, even if true, Zalman patents were filed earlier. Further, although the Chinese patent system is improving, enforcement and utility within China is near impossible (read: no longer a complete joke, but still nearly useless).

4. We are vigorously investigating PC Coolers business activities as it relates to the manufacture and distribution of the 7000 look-alike coolers. We have hired investigators to visit PC Coolers offices and factories. When the investigators arrived at their purported address, there was nothing.

5. We have heard reports from our Chinese distributors of the Zalman coolers that the PC Coolers are being sold in China. Our distributors in other parts of the world have received the same e-mails mentioned by StressTest, however, we have not heard reports of any being sold outside China.

6. We will vigorously defend and enforce our intellectual property. Distribution/selling of the 7000 look-alike coolers is illegal and we will seek injunctions and claim damages from all those involved.

7. To distributors/resellers: The danger is not being suckered into sending them money. The danger is PC Cooler is being deceptive, trying to profit from Zalman's research and development, while the end-user/distributor receives inferior products that are potentially contraband.

If you have any concerns or questions regarding this matter, please contact us. [email protected]

Wow, a company rep! Welcome to the forum, hang out in OC&C more, a lot of people (myself included) use (or in my case, had used) Zalman products and love them!

Originally posted by DocFaustus
[HOMER]

mmmmmmmmmm.....Zalman Waterblocks....mmmmmmmmmm <drools>

[/HOMER]

man, I just know theyd kick ass...gets my vote :D

I'm glad someone from Zalman stepped in to clear things up! I've never bought a Zalman product, but that's not to say they weren't in the running. I just ended up getting something else. I will definitely still consider Zalman on future purchases though.

Guys...anyone can create a username and post something like that. How do we know that ZalmanUSA-TechMktg is legit and actually from Zalman?

i think people are being a little too cynical about this heatsink, granted nobody's ever heard of it, but nobody has tried it either.

Originally posted by acascianelli
i think people are being a little too cynical about this heatsink, granted nobody's ever heard of it, but nobody has tried it either.

and im sure the whole "ripping off another companys design then claiming they were the first" thing is incidental right :rolleyes:

Originally posted by LoStMaTt
Guys...anyone can create a username and post something like that. How do we know that ZalmanUSA-TechMktg is legit and actually from Zalman?

if theyre not working for zalman, then i think they deserve to be, with the level of knowledge about zalman and skill they put into that post...

give zalman an e-mail and see if someone from them really did post that...

My name is Robert. I am the Technical Marketing Manager here at Zalman USA, Inc. If you have any questions about my post, you can call me or email me directly.

714-693-8880 office
robert (at) zalmanusa (dot) com

Originally posted by ZalmanUSA-TechMktg
My name is Robert. I am the Technical Marketing Manager here at Zalman USA, Inc. If you have any questions about my post, you can call me or email me directly.

714-693-8880 office
robert (at) zalmanusa (dot) com

Ownage, again.

woow!what a false message!
this is an illegal commercial competition from Zalman company.
they spread wrong informations,trying to shadow people's minds.Pccooler company is real esistence,and not like someone said it's nothing only a fiction paper company.they have been slandering Pccooler company. it's a real big scamp and rascal.:mad:

and now it gets interesting. i wonder where 'Nancy' is from? yup, pccoolerus.com.

since PcCooler "is real existence", why are most (if not all) of the images 3d renders? i wanna know what's going on here.

Originally posted by rogue_jedi
and now it gets interesting. i wonder where 'Nancy' is from? yup, pccoolerus.com.

since PcCooler "is real existence", why are most (if not all) of the images 3d renders? i wanna know what's going on here.

no no, it's "real esistence"

zalman, you damn mind shadowers.

This Nancy character is humorous

Hi,

I'm John Cheung,Sales Manager of PCCooler.
I can't belive zalman is playing a dirty games like that to our firm.
It's true we are a new comer in the cooling business and small at this first begining but ,who's not?

We don't need to cheat anybody as zalman doing and the main target we now aiming is to take over zalman and other big companies' market share by our most compatitive price and excerllent performance of the coolers.

I don't think they would have made so many rumours if we were not a big threat to them and it's true we are taking parts of their markets.And I hope that's only a begining of nightmare to zalman 'cause we have many new products coming.

All our products are bearing a same conceit: To Common A Beatifull Thing.

Why chose zalman? Very simple reason:I don't like the Koreans. They made me feel ashame by the filthy behavior they performed at FIFA World Cup 2002.That's the worst World Cup ever held in histroy. The Koreans should be ashame but they cheered instead!!

I don't know whether they were born for it or the tradition thus.
Anyhow they are doing the same things to me.

I must warm you Korean pig:COME DIRECTLY TO US LIKE A MAN!!

We've never had a office in Europe.Our factory locates at:

12#9th district,Guangya Garden,Biantian,Shenzhen,China
Tel: 0086 755 8471 4404/8471 4110
Fax: oo86 755 8471 4364
Mobil: 0086 (0)136026 21277
E-mail: [email protected]
http://www.pccooler.cn

Why chose zalman? Very simple reason:I don't like the Koreans.

They made me feel ashame by the filthy behavior they performed at FIFA World Cup 2002. That's the worst World Cup ever held in histroy. The Koreans should be ashame but they cheered instead!!

I don't know whether they were born for it or the tradition thus.
Anyhow they are doing the same things to me.

I must warm you Korean pig:COME DIRECTLY TO US LIKE A MAN!!

HAHAHAHA. Suddenly this becomes both a race issue AND a product issue. Amazing. Simply amazing.

This is going to get good:D

I'll be watching this thread now.

Uhh why are theere mostly computer renders on pccoolerus?

And Zalman is fine product. :)

Never heared about pccoolerus :rolleyes:

what...is...going...ooooon?

my head is about to explode!:rolleyes:

i think zalman should sue these mother fucker's for puttting out a look alike if it isn't a scam.

hey lets all call his cell and bitch at him:D [0086 (0)136026 21277]

all the power to ya zalman!

pccooler you can kiss my white ass!:mad:

this is funny! it has gotten attention from the makers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back