Has anyone Bios modded their 9800 Pro to 9800XT?

Neocorteqz

2[H]4U
I just modded the Bio to my Sapphire 9800 Pro 256MB to a 9800XT 256MB. Worked without a hitch, Just wondering, how many here have modde their cards to a different Bios. Be it the 9600 NP/Pro etc...

And how did it effect your 3dmarks and overall performance.

thanks, Just wondering if it's even worth it overall.

Bios modded my 128MB Sapphire 9800 Pro to a XT didn't see a speed improvement but its nice to reformat my comp and not have to worry about overclocking my video card after. Its just one less thing I have to worry about.

Hey Roach, just out of curiosity, what bios did you use? I have the same exact card and the best bios I've found leaves my post screens corrupted.

Roach said:
Bios modded my 128MB Sapphire 9800 Pro to a XT didn't see a speed improvement but its nice to reformat my comp and not have to worry about overclocking my video card after. Its just one less thing I have to worry about.
I've gained almost 200 points in 3dmark03, just by making the switch. running the card at 418.5/387 right now.

thanks for the link Kyle.

TheGamerZ - I have the same card and used the built by ati drivers w/ the regular samsung ram here.
I also have the hynix memory and even thoug the bios say samsung, it still worked. You should download ati tool and make sure your card is stable at the default XT speeds if you haven't already.

alexik01 said:
TheGamerZ - I have the same card and used the built by ati drivers w/ the regular samsung ram here.
I also have the hynix memory and even thoug the bios say samsung, it still worked. You should download ati tool and make sure your card is stable at the default XT speeds if you haven't already.
Mine has the Hynix ram, i was lucky enough to find a bios that was from the Sapphire XT card.

http://rebel.clanzone.at/board/index.php?showtopic=209

is where i got my BIOS, they have several others listed. you may get luck there as well.

Back