Visual Basic .NET Standard Edition + ASP.NET book for FREE

R@Mo

Limp Gawd
Go here and sign up to view 3 educational webcasts about Microsoft ASP.NET technologies and receive the following FREE! (Only valid in USA/Canada)

Visual Basic .NET Standard Edition

vbstandard_3d.gif

Microsoft® ASP.NET Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic® .NET Version 2003 Step By Step

vbbook.gif

Saw this offer in my MSDN Newsletter and thought I'd share it with all [H]'ers! This is a nice way to start learning about technology that might benefit you in your career. :D

I signed up over a week ago, but the online seminars don't start for 6 more days. :(

Thanks for the tip! Now I can get something beter than the Web Matrix IDE for free!

I get this for free from my college anyway. That, win xp (home) and office 2k3

Excellent, this actually pertains to my major. Free information on ASP and free software and a book, most rightous!

So how do I watch the recorded ones? I click on 'em and it said to wait til 10/25.

They will be recorded so if you miss the live show, you can still watch the webcast and get credit twoards the free software and book.

You can now watch the videos on demand in case you missed them live. :D

LOL, I clicked to watch a pre-recorded video (because I was at work when it was live) after I logged in. But the webcast wont start. But the counter went down by one everytime I couldnt view a web cast. I did this over 3 times and I already qualified for the free stuff!!! They say it take 6-8 weeks to ship. We'll see if I get it or not.

old thread bumpage.

i got my stuff from this, thanks for the links.

stuff.jpg
stuff2.jpg

stuff3.jpg

Getting Started with MS VB . NET - book is only 120 pages. extremely thin. :mad:
Windows 2000 SP4 on disc(not the actual OS, just sp4)
MSDN Library for MS Visual Studio .NET (3 discs)
Visual Basic .Net 2003 Standard
Visual Studio .Net 2003 Prerequisites

so, i guess this did work. excuse the crappy webcam pictures, but hey, it's quick & easy. :D

I already got one set from the "VB at the Movies" promotion during the summer and now I'm waiting for this new one. :D

Unfortunately, we have run out of ASP.NET development books and bonus complimentary CDs. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you registered for the ASP.NET Webcast Series and selected to receive the ASP.NET development books, you should receive your complimentary gift package within 6-8 weeks.

Mine hasn't come in yet, and neither has a bunch of stuff that other people got, or stuff that got sent to my home address which I also requested at my college address...I think my campus post office is stealing my mail! (Or it might just be the letter about not soliciting stuff from businesses....)

Just got mine in the mail yesterday, it took about 2-3 weeks from my completing the requirements.

xxiv

Mine came last week, lots of free stuff for doing next to nothing....

I didn't just get visual basic.net (and visual studio.net) they also threw in the MSDN library, as well as windows 2000.

Anyone else get that? [EDIT] Nvm, looked at the rest of the thread.

Note to self:
Read the whole thread if short enough before placing a response.....

I finally got mine today!

Included was:

- Visual Basic .NET Standard Edition
- Getting Started with Visual Basic .NET (Book, 130 pages)
- ASP.NET Programming with Visual Basic .NET Step by Step (Book, 600 pages)
- ASP.NET Resource Kit CD
- ASP.NET Developer Training CD

Im more interested in the book than anything, and there out. =(

I can get pretty much every microsoft dev / os / office product from my university's msdnaa program for free.

Oh well php is better than asp anyway =P

just got mine in the mail. it came with a copy of win 2k w/ SP4 but only 1 cd key which i uesd to install the .net package. Anyone try their cdkey with windows 2K?

afirawker said:
just got mine in the mail. it came with a copy of win 2k w/ SP4 but only 1 cd key which i uesd to install the .net package. Anyone try their cdkey with windows 2K?

Read the cd correctly, its Windows 2000 SP4, not Windows 2000 with SP4. Also, if you would have read the entire thread, you'd see that others also thought it was 2000 but realized.

I just got my stuff in. I got the VB .Net CD's, MSDN Library for .Net and Win2k With SP4. Did I read right and hear that they will be shipping the rest when they get more?

It's weird that we're not all getting the same package contents. I didn't get Win2k SP4 with mine. I don't really care since I'm running XP anyways, but still...just wondering...

Hey I got that for testing betas a few months ago. haven't installed it yet :rolleyes:

Back