Projekt :: "40" ::

Hello

I've saved the life of a display rack used to show batterys and other products from VARTA.
I'll show u the full rack in a future post. (now the garden is full of snow :D )

For now I've just used the bottom part .... a box !!

This box will be on 4 round plexi feets ...stol..FOUND in a restaurant that use little flags with "MENU EXPRESS" write on them - they are put on the table and use to say "EH man i'm hungry and i just have 1 hours for lunch" :D

001a.jpg

002a.jpg

and this is the box !!

003a.jpg

004a.jpg

005a.jpg

On the pics the box looks like to be big but no ! I had to use a micro ATX mobo to fit in.

Case size:

height : 40 cm
deep (??) : 14,5 cm
max width (middle) : 28,5 cm
min width (top,bottom) : 24 cm

English metric convertion is for u :D

Orange plexi

006a.jpg

007a.jpg

008a.jpg

009a.jpg

DVD + HDD on top , PSU will go bottom.

010a.jpg

back view.

011a.jpg

bad luck.. the PSU doesn't fit for a few mm - i had to do a new box

012a.jpg

013a.jpg

014a.jpg

015a.jpg

016a.jpg

here where I'm now

017a.jpg

018a.jpg

tell me whot u think :D

the name "40" is cause it was my B-Day the february 7.

(sorry for my english.....)

Thats looking fantastic! Thats the same metal that my desk is made of. Man, that would match my setup so nicely!

Keep up the good work

Alonso_Bistro said:
This box will be on 4 round plexi feets ...stol..FOUND in a restaurant that use little flags with "MENU EXPRESS" write on them - they are put on the table and use to say "EH man i'm hungry and i just have 1 hours for lunch" :D

its always good when you get donations,
keep up the good work

hey thats creative as hell, the shape is really cool. Makes me want to homebrew a case... lol ....[/Runz to look for something to make it out if]

MORE PICS ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lo

first of all don't look at the screws , i took what i have under my hand

Cut of support pci card from an old case

suppci01.jpg

suppci02.jpg

Adjusted as good as possible... maybe the future lateral door. :)

plateral01.jpg

plateral02.jpg

The DVD's socle.
socldvd01.jpg

socldvd02.jpg

socldvd03.jpg

socldvd04.jpg

socldvd05.jpg

and now will can read dvd.. :LOL:
avdvd01.jpg

avdvd02.jpg

avdvd03.jpg

avdvd04.jpg

avdvd05.jpg

avdvd06.jpg

sunshine..ooooh ...

sunin01.jpg

sunin02.jpg

sunin03.jpg

bye all

Looks good. I really like the way you mounted the harddrive. Maybe you can try and do some crazy overclocks. Considering the fact that you will have really nice air cooling :)

That case reminds me of and computer that was put in a bin, its in the bit-tech forums

Pretty damn spiffy design. I would like to see more colored acrylic used in mods. The aluminum and orange together is a nice contrast. What are your plans for the side panel area?
great work, keep it coming.

This project looks pretty cool so far... in a retro-futuristic manner, that is ;)

I also really like the orange contrast. Although, the cooling of the thing is dimished now that there is orange plexi covering most vent holes.

Nonetheless, good work! :)

jdub765 said:
your case reminds me of the Burj Al Arab Hotel Dubai :D

His case doesn't remind me of a building modelled after a sail boat at all. However, it'd be badass if it had an underwater restaurant accessable only by submarine like that hotel has.

Anyways, case looks sick. Now you've got me thinking of making one out of a shopping cart.

DarkMonkey said:
His case doesn't remind me of a building modelled after a sail boat at all. However, it'd be badass if it had an underwater restaurant accessable only by submarine like that hotel has.

Anyways, case looks sick. Now you've got me thinking of making one out of a shopping cart.
LOL I think he was joking.

wow, very impressive work so far. I can't wait to see the finished project, keep up the good work!

Nice job man. That things gonna be awesome I do believe. :cool:

thanks all for the good comments :)

today i done some job on the back...

arr00.jpg

arr01.jpg

arr02.jpg

arr03.jpg

arr04.jpg

arr05.jpg

bad news , it began to look's like a computer :( ....... :D

well I hope you will leave some space in the front for intakes ... :p

Looking good so far .. people like youm dark luna and mashie are great inspirations

does anyone in the US know where to get colored plexi? I've spent several google hours today looking.

ThE sHaDoW

imagine how insaine it would be if he polished the whole thing to a mirror finish :eek:

That rocks. I like the shape of the case and the colors you've got going there. And your plexi work is second to none--it took me a few minutes to realize you've got the front panel conforming to the metal, which would require a painstaking amount of work with the heat gun. Definitely have to keep an eye on this, and good luck.

thanks for the good comments :)

I changed my plan regarding the psu's box.

here is the new one

don't look at the adjustment, all is not screwed :)

alim01.jpg

alim02.jpg

alim03.jpg

alim04.jpg

alim05.jpg

alim07.jpg

alim08.jpg

alim09.jpg

alim10.jpg

alim11.jpg

alim12.jpg

cya