Anyone seriously considering the 4070 TI

Shots or it didn't happen! I don't know why the pic is so shitty looking, I used a S20FE Ultra.
And don't mind those crusty 120's, their getting replaced.

20240417_155443.jpg

Probably about a year out from its replacement, so.... If you can find a food deal, maybe? FrgMstr said only the 5090 is hitting retail this year.
Yeah or trickle down upgrade-o-nomics could help - people selling their 4080/4090 cards to get 5090!

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy SUPER now - my fav is the 4070S for bang/buck.

Yeah or trickle down upgrade-o-nomics could help - people selling their 4080/4090 cards to get 5090!

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy SUPER now - my fav is the 4070S for bang/buck.

I would probably go so far as to say the 4070S is the ONLY Super worth the price premium over the non-super model. The 4070Ti Super is a better card with the 256-bit VRAM bus and more VRAM, but the difference is generally within 10% of the non-super even with the upgrades.

I would probably go so far as to say the 4070S is the ONLY Super worth the price premium over the non-super model. The 4070Ti Super is a better card with the 256-bit VRAM bus and more VRAM, but the difference is generally within 10% of the non-super even with the upgrades.
I am thoroughly enjoying my 4070 ti super...211fps minimum cranked settings on mw3.....

I just got a zotac 4080 for $853 shipped. Open box but I can return it if it is bad. Bought on ebay from zotac too.

I thought about the 4070 ti but this auction halpened lol.

I just got a zotac 4080 for $853 shipped. Open box but I can return it if it is bad. Bought on ebay from zotac too.

I thought about the 4070 ti but this auction halpened lol.
Sounds like a good deal to me. I think they came with the full 2 year warranty, too. At least the ones off of Zotac's site did.

But, the 16gb of vram is significant - both for gamers and ppl running productivity programs - as it might be significantly beneficial - there really shouldn't be a financial 'penalty' to get a gpu with more vram but that's Nvidia for you. I'd maybe look for a used 4070 Ti Super to save on the $$ premium you have to pay - to get one instead of one of the other 4070s.

But, the 16gb of vram is significant - both for gamers and ppl running productivity programs - as it might be significantly beneficial - there really shouldn't be a financial 'penalty' to get a gpu with more vram but that's Nvidia for you. I'd maybe look for a used 4070 Ti Super to save on the $$ premium you have to pay - to get one instead of one of the other 4070s.
That's your call. The 16GB versus 12GB versus 24GB VRAM thing is so overblown. But if you have a use case where you need 16GB of VRAM - there ya go...problem solved. kirbyrj is merely pointing out the obvious value champion - the 4070S. Frankly, I'd go that route if buying today. The 5xxx series is knocking on the door so why invest a ton of cash into 4xxx (unless the difference between $600 and $1600 is of no issue - even $600 to $800 is a big jump for not a ton of gain).

Go 4070S and save $200 towards upgrading next gen if you need more VRAM somehow.

That's your call. The 16GB versus 12GB versus 24GB VRAM thing is so overblown. But if you have a use case where you need 16GB of VRAM - there ya go...problem solved. kirbyrj is merely pointing out the obvious value champion - the 4070S. Frankly, I'd go that route if buying today. The 5xxx series is knocking on the door so why invest a ton of cash into 4xxx (unless the difference between $600 and $1600 is of no issue - even $600 to $800 is a big jump for not a ton of gain).

Go 4070S and save $200 towards upgrading next gen if you need more VRAM somehow.
The 4070S struggles with memory bandwidth so it's performance drops as the resolution increases.

The 4070S struggles with memory bandwidth so it's performance drops as the resolution increases.

If you're running a super high resolution, then you probably aren't buying the 4070S anyway. For 1440p and non-twitch shooters, it's fine.

If you're running a super high resolution, then you probably aren't buying the 4070S anyway. For 1440p and non-twitch shooters, it's fine.
Well I went with a 7900 GRE for my simrig that runs 4k. Don't need a super fast high end card for it and there were mainly 4 cards in consideration. The 4070 super, 4070 ti super, 7800xt and 7900 GRE. The 4070 super was removed fairly quickly from that list along with the 7800xt as they were poor value at 4k 7900 GRE was about same price as 7800XT and the 4070 super was aprox 15% more for cheapest variant. The 4070 ti super would be a noticeably better card than the 7900 GRE but in the end it wasn't worth the price difference as even the 4070 ti super can't run RT properly at 4k. More memory bandwidth would probably have given the 4070 super enough of a boost at 4k to make it more competitive in price vs performance compared to the 7900 GRE.

More edge case FUD but if this actually affects you - definitely get a faster card. If this is your use case a 4080 or higher is probably best

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
4070 Ti super was kinda disappointing imo. It got the increased bus and capacity, but didn't really get to being a budget 4080. It was still cut down on L2 cache closer to the 4070 Ti.

Back