Anyone suggest file sync software for windows

vxspiritxv

[H]ard|Gawd
Needs to use something other than SSH, machine is on the other side of the planet with 250ms of latency. SSH is just too slow. Needs to be able to resume files. I wont be doing VPN, already tested cisco asa VPN and got 300kb/s over SMB. sftp 700kb/sec. Over HTTP without VPN I got 2mbytes/sec. I completely believe they are throttling international data (speed jumps up to over 5mbytes/sec at exactly 5pm), but 2mbytes/sec is fast enough for my needs.

First, I would still do a vpn--that's the only way to go. Second, rsync has been the standard for this for year. If you need windows, robocopy with the /mt:128 switch does pretty well, especially if you have SSDs on both ends.

First, I would still do a vpn--that's the only way to go. Second, rsync has been the standard for this for year. If you need windows, robocopy with the /mt:128 switch does pretty well, especially if you have SSDs on both ends.
this is the way

otherwise, do you _really_ need to go directly to the other machine? how big is the file?

this is the way

otherwise, do you _really_ need to go directly to the other machine? how big is the file?
I have had good luck with GoodSync, which has an amazing number of options for the "far system." www.goodsync.com. I also use Beyond Compare, www.scootersoftware.com, but I don't know if it has the same range of "far system" options. Compared to some free options, I have found that these programs are worth the cost.

Peersync is what we use to sync servers in BZ to USA, and all across the usa

Back