LG 32GS95UE – OLED 31.5″ with 4K @ 240Hz and 1080p @ 480Hz Support - The death knell of LCD panels

It clipped at just under or at 600nits in the HDR calibration app. This was with peak brightness set to High.

I wish I remembered to try vivid mode but that thing is already back at Bestbuy. Maybe if a update comes along I'll order one for myself.

It clipped at just under or at 600nits in the HDR calibration app. This was with peak brightness set to High.

I wish I remembered to try vivid mode but that thing is already back at Bestbuy. Maybe if a update comes along I'll order one for myself.

Ya curious what picture preset mode he was using. The individual modes drastically affect the image brightness/quality. Gamer 1 (stock) limits the display to like 600 nits as you mention. Gamer 2 allows up to 1,300 nits according to a review I read. Vivid is like Gamer 2 but ups the whole scene HDR brightness, but it does clip whites from like 251-255 which some people won't like. I don't care as the image has some real pop for CoD:MW3 and Halo Infinite I play.

Oh also on the text... yes OLED will not have as crisp of text as RGB LCD but, the text on the LG is bright white using dark mode and on the QDOLEDS it's tan'ish as are-whites in general. I definitely give the text win between the two OLED types to the WRGB LG.

And ASUS already proved the older WOLED panel can do higher peak brightness.

I'm sure LG's new 27 inch 1440p 480hz monitor will have similar peak brightness to the 27 inch QD-OLED's.

I'm counting on Asus to deliver the brightest 32" OLED, they currently hold the RTings crown for OLED HDR real scene brightness at 792 nits with the PG42UQ. Highly doubt LG will ever drive their panels hard because they focus too much on durability.

Oh yeah, this is supposedly how to enter the service menu on these LG 32's.

As usual, proceed with caution. As changing settings could void a warranty claim.

Attachments

• LGServieMenu.png
    LGServieMenu.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 0
Ya curious what picture preset mode he was using. The individual modes drastically affect the image brightness/quality. Gamer 1 (stock) limits the display to like 600 nits as you mention. Gamer 2 allows up to 1,300 nits according to a review I read. Vivid is like Gamer 2 but ups the whole scene HDR brightness, but it does clip whites from like 251-255 which some people won't like. I don't care as the image has some real pop for CoD:MW3 and Halo Infinite I play.
I just asked someone else with the monitor and they told me Gamer 1 is the only mode that shows a DisplayHDR logo so I'm assuming its the HDR400 equivalent. He tested Gamer 2 and it still clips at 600nits.

Vivid does some kind of tonemapping and causes the HDR calibration app to clip at over 2000nits. Based on his description it also looks like total ass and causes lots of posterization and lifts dark areas that shouldn't be lifted. If its the same Vivid as seen on LG TV's than its basically unusable for anyone who wants some semblance of accuracy.

I appreciate Vega's input on the display and his more technical breakdown of it's pros and cons. I agree with everything he has said about the display.

I'm pretty most people who buy it, will not be disappointed. There will always be a few people it doesn't workout for.

So decided to buy one of these though I'm still on the fence but I found a Heca that still worked for me and a couple of the cheaper accessories came back in stock. I got the mouse, a dock and the monitor for around $980 after cashback stacks.

The dock shipped already but the monitor and mouse switched to "cancel pending" but also shows processing so I don't really know if I am actually going to get it?

Assuming it doesn't cancel it looks like you can still get this on deep discount through the end of the week. Heca55402 still works if anyone wants to take advantage of it.

I'm able to get the heca discount but adding a couple of accessories didn't further discount the price. Does it need to be certain accessories?

Which gamma setting are you guys using? I hate how many options are dumbed down in the OSD--"Gamme 1-4" are meaningless, as are peak brightness high/low. Gamma 1 matches my GN950 on gamma 2 the best but i feel like that can't be right.

I'm able to get the heca discount but adding a couple of accessories didn't further discount the price. Does it need to be certain accessories?
Yeah I had same problem, only seems to work on select ones keep adding till you find some that work.

For me the mouse and dock were the cheapest in stock that I found that worked. It also wouldn't let me double add the mouse for what ever reason which is why I had to do the dock.

Last edited:
Which gamma setting are you guys using? I hate how many options are dumbed down in the OSD--"Gamme 1-4" are meaningless, as are peak brightness high/low. Gamma 1 matches my GN950 on gamma 2 the best but i feel like that can't be right.
I use mode 4. It seems to work the best with games, movies and general usage. I think it is the native gamma of the display. Their documentation on it is a joke.

1714670287313.png

Anyone figure out how to stop the UI Dimming without having to use sevice menu? Maybe some option in regular menu I'm missing?

Can you guys actually tell the difference between 240 and 480hz? I can't even tell 120 vs 240, even when I set a button to toggle max fps in csgo/cs2.
Sorry if I missed it.

In a perfect world this would be 8k and 1440p instead of 4k and 1080p. 1440p is great/fine but 1080p is just a step too far down for me now.

Can you guys actually tell the difference between 240 and 480hz? I can't even tell 120 vs 240, even when I set a button to toggle max fps in csgo/cs2.
Sorry if I missed it.

In a perfect world this would be 8k and 1440p instead of 4k and 1080p. 1440p is great/fine but 1080p is just a step too far down for me now.
Yes visually but also with the mouse. The 480hz feels way snappier in shooters.

Man. It's almost like a different monitor in some games with CPC Off. I wish they put that in the regular menu rather than service menu, it seems like screen uniform brightness that Asus provides in the typical menu.

But I almost feel like the firmware is bugged or maybe its just my monitor has issues, because the difference with it on and off can be so large in some instances. Even my C2 didn't do that.

Last edited:
I really like this monitor, definitely going to keep it. Text is slightly softer than with the IPS I have sitting alongside it and there are some applications where it's more noticeable than others. One thing I've really taken a liking to are the built in speakers aka "pixel sound" functionality. Very usable and incredibly convenient when one's setup is two 32" side by side on a 53" desk. While I would not go as far as saying they sound excellent, I will say my external DAC/amp and headphones currently remain unconnected and unused.

Last edited:
Edit: convex power control. Dims the edges.

Yeah I hard its supposed to dim edges. But it's a pretty large chunk of edges for me and it can be pretty dim. Turning it on and off makes a big overall screen differences.

I'll try to post some before and after pictures, maybe it's just my unit being this agressive?

Yeah I hard its supposed to dim edges. But it's a pretty large chunk of edges for me and it can be pretty dim. Turning it on and off makes a big overall screen differences.

I'll try to post some before and after pictures, maybe it's just my unit being this agressive?
I don't think you can turn it off entirely with out going to the service menu but in the manual it mentions with screen saver setting on it has a dimming algorithm for static images.

Try disabling that see if it helps a little bit?

I don't think you can turn it off entirely with out going to the service menu but in the manual it mentions with screen saver setting on it has a dimming algorithm for static images.

Try disabling that see if it helps a little bit?
That should be for when the entire screen is motionless, for X seconds.

Many panels also now have HUD and logo detection. As well as detecting when the edges of two windows are side by side.

Disabling the HUD detection, what ramifications can it have on burn-in? I do run the pixel cleaning twice a day manually, then it automatically does it most the time when I shut down. I am thinking about disabling the HUD detection.

Disabling the HUD detection, what ramifications can it have on burn-in? I do run the pixel cleaning twice a day manually, then it automatically does it most the time when I shut down. I am thinking about disabling the HUD detection.
HUD/logo detection is a preference thing, I guess. If it dims the HUD too much in your games, you can turn it down or off, I suppose. But, its meant to help mitigate burn-in, on things you do a lot. So, playing the same game every day. Or watching the same TV show with a static logo, often.

pixel cleaning should be set for automatic intervals. Usually its every few hours. You don't need to do it yourself. These screens also have algorithms which are constantly running, to manage the levels of the pixels. Its called Quantum Enhancer, in the 3rd gen QD-OLED panels.

pixel cleaning should be set for automatic intervals. Usually its every few hours. You don't need to do it yourself. These screens also have algorithms which are constantly running, to manage the levels of the pixels. Its called Quantum Enhancer, in the 3rd gen QD-OLED panels.

Why are you manually running pixel cleaning

I have it on automatic, but it never automatically runs because I'm at my PC most the day (I WFH). So I manually run it twice (when I have lunch, then when I have dinner) since I know it should be ran like every 4 hours or something. I then it automatically runs when I shut down before bed.

Edit: I should note, I didn't change my habits switching to OLED, I don't auto minimize the taskbar, I keep my background image, and also half the day have split screen LLMs running. I'm just trying to reduce the risk of burn in without changing my habits, if I should quit manually running image cleaning let me know I'll quit doing it but honestly it would only run once a day if I do that.

Last edited:
I have it on automatic, but it never automatically runs because I'm at my PC most the day (I WFH). So I manually run it twice (when I have lunch, then when I have dinner) since I know it should be ran like every 4 hours or something. I then it automatically runs when I shut down before bed.

Edit: I should note, I didn't change my habits switching to OLED, I don't auto minimize the taskbar, I keep my background image, and also half the day have split screen LLMs running. I'm just trying to reduce the risk of burn in without changing my habits, if I should quit manually running image cleaning let me know I'll quit doing it but honestly it would only run once a day if I do that.
I dunno about LG. But, most of the QD-OLED monitors force the pixel clean, after a short warning in the middle of your screen.

I also don't know what LG's interval is. Does it say in the menus? MSI lets you choose 4 hours or 16 hour intervals, before it forces a pixel clean.

I dunno about LG. But, most of the QD-OLED monitors force the pixel clean, after a short warning in the middle of your screen.

I also don't know what LG's interval is. Does it say in the menus? MSI lets you choose 4 hours or 16 hour intervals, before it forces a pixel clean.
It doesn't force it, it only runs it when it goes into sleep.

It doesn't force it, it only runs it when it goes into sleep.
So if you set your monitor to sleep after say---15 minutes of no use, it should automatically run the pixel clean, as you take your breaks and/or finish work for the day.

Back