not getting 10Gb/s and totally perplexed.

So some interesting data points...

Truenas with an intel 540 to ubuntu with aqc113 I get 6.3 ish. Same the other way.

To max out, i have to run two in parallel. Everything is using mtu 9014.

ETA:

So this has been an interesting endeavor. on my main machine I could only get about 5-6Gbps no matter what I did. So the more I looked into WTF is going on for me, the more I figured it out...

Because I was running low on PCIe slots, I got this net card that works in a M.2 slot. So when I queried the card, it says it can 8 GT/s at x4 width but it is only negotiated at 8 GT/s at x2 width. I think because it is a B+M key, the motherboard will only give it two lanes. The two lanes should theoretically still be enough, but it isn't.

Last edited:
So some interesting data points...

Truenas with an intel 540 to ubuntu with aqc113 I get 6.3 ish. Same the other way.

To max out, i have to run two in parallel. Everything is using mtu 9014.

ETA:

So this has been an interesting endeavor. on my main machine I could only get about 5-6Gbps no matter what I did. So the more I looked into WTF is going on for me, the more I figured it out...

Because I was running low on PCIe slots, I got this net card that works in a M.2 slot. So when I queried the card, it says it can 8 GT/s at x4 width but it is only negotiated at 8 GT/s at x2 width. I think because it is a B+M key, the motherboard will only give it two lanes. The two lanes should theoretically still be enough, but it isn't.

fun aint it!!!!
how do you set mtu in windows? yes gonna google it but walking out the door for work...

jumbo frames crushes my speeds...

Back