Would 350w PSU do it?

game14

[H]ard|Gawd
I know I have been out of the business for a long time, but had to upgrade after over 10 years.
New build, a320 chipset mobo, ryzen 5 2600, 2x 8gb ram, gtx 1050ti, 1 ssd, 3x 2.5" 5400rpm hdd, an old swifttech water pump (the small one, forgot the number) and a couple of fans.
Would a 350w seasonic psu be enough to power the rig? 2 x12v rail with 18amp on each.
Everything will be run at stock.

Should be ok power wise if it has at least a single pcie 8 pin gpu connector or you have an adapter.

Should be ok power wise if it has at least a single pcie 8 pin gpu connector or you have an adapter.
Video card only requires a 6 pin connector, wondering why since it's supposed to be a 70w card only, I guess the 2 fans need it.

wondering why since it's supposed to be a 70w card only,
7s8e7m.jpg

Reactions: Axman
like this
Would a 350w seasonic psu be enough to power the rig? 2 x12v rail with 18amp on each.

Maths doesn't add up. Two 12v rails at 18 amps each is 432W. If the PSU says its rated at 350W with those current ratings, it means that neither of the rails can be loaded to their full potential.

I have seen stupid designs like this, but it's usually limited to bottom tier IED garbage. I would recommend just buying a new PSU, preferably 450W. 350W is too low for your system.

Back