Need Help with a Triple Monitor Setup.

JMcQueen

Limp Gawd
I currently have a single HP LP2475w as my main monitor but Im finding that I could do with a little more desktop space. I had contemplated moving to a 30" but Im generally happy with the HP and thought adding two smaller monitors might be more cost effective and also result in more desktop surface area.

The problem is Im not sure which monitors would work best or what size. Ideally, I'd like to use them in portrait mode, with one to either side of the 24" resulting in a little additional space either side that I can drag documents/apps etc to whilst working mainly on the main 24"

Any views or recommendations welcomed and appreciated.

You could either do 19" 1280x1024 monitors in portrait as they'll line up relatively well with your 24" or you could do 19" 1440x900 monitors.
IMO, just see if you can find some 1600x1200 20" and leave them in landscape as it's the exact same res as a 24" vertically.

Having 2 x 19" in portrait will be too much screen wise when placed next to a 24" display. 20" 4:3 in landscape would be the best option. The next closest option would be a 17" 5:4 monitor in portrait mode.

What resolutions would I need for those ratios? The reason I ask is that ideally I'd like to use Dell monitors as I can get a little bit of discount through work but I dont think they do a 17" that can be used in portrait.

Back