Philips CEO Says Make Gadgets Simple

they admit this after seeing the success of companies like google and apple who thrive from making products that are simple and easy to use.

in any case, i'll be looking forward to whatever products they plan on releasing

Simple, cheap, and functional sells.

Seems making things simple is a trend after hearing Bill Gates telling DRM is too complicated.

It is funny to watch the market sometimes. I have a theory:

Analyst makes predictions...that info is turned over to researchers that in turn use study/focus groups to gauge consumer interest...marketers take that information and go all out on "I love bees" media campaigns and the only people that end up buying into all the hype are the companies themselves.

Other companies & marketers, not wanting to be left behind, develop competing products and ad campaigns to compete and the next thing you know...companies want you to ditch your perfectly good DVD player and rear projection HDTV and invest $5k - $7k in a next-gen Blu-ray 1080p Plasma HDTV to watch movies the way they are MEANT TO BE PLAYED ;)

While we're at it can I request a cell phone that's just a cell phone, without a damn camera or movie or MP3 player or PDA built in? Oh yeah, and have it be made of metal?

[I had one once, it was called a Motorola v.60, but of course it won't work on the modern Cingular network (they want 850MHz these days in SoCal and it doesn't have it - I also doubt if it even was had the right frequency that it could pull a decent signal where I live as compared to a more modern phone).]

phobos512 said:
While we're at it can I request a cell phone that's just a cell phone, without a damn camera or movie or MP3 player or PDA built in? Oh yeah, and have it be made of metal?

[I had one once, it was called a Motorola v.60, but of course it won't work on the modern Cingular network (they want 850MHz these days in SoCal and it doesn't have it - I also doubt if it even was had the right frequency that it could pull a decent signal where I live as compared to a more modern phone).]

I sell them, the are called the Motorola V65PS its a high bread color flip version of the venerable v60 derived from their push to talk versions. I give it away free with Verizon activations. I sold 50 this month.

Back