Recommend me a board!!!

JMcQueen

Limp Gawd
Due to an ever expanding system, Im adding a Adaptec 5805 RAID card to my system. The problem with this is that my motherboard only has one pci-e x16 slot which Im using for graphics, and the RAID card runs at x8 (the other slots on my card are x4 or less).

So I need a new board, but I'd like to keep the rest of my current components which are Q9550 processor and 8gb DDR2-1066. It needs to be a good overclocker too as I'd like to get the 9550 to 4ghz if possible (currently running at 3.8 on a matx board). I've already got a new case to house the 8x1tb drives so I can now go to an ATX board.

My initial thoughts were for a Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 as I've had a lot of Gigabyte boards and by and large, find the build quality to be very good and prefer the BIOS layout to that of say, ASUS. Anyone got this board or can recommend something else???

HOw about the Gigabyte EP45 UD3P? IT has x2 PCI-E slots, with one at x16 and the other at x8, so it should work for you. Plus, these boards have hitting 4ghz qith the Q9550 and Q9650 relatively easily. Best board for the price right now and it has a $20 rebate.

I'd probably get the X48 myself depending on what price you can get it for.

Back