z790 Micro ATX?

The_HAVOK

n00b
Where are all the good Z790 Micro ATX motherboards?
it seems the only good ones are Gigabyte's Z790M AORUS ELITE and the ASUS PRIME Z790M-PLUS.

I use my main build both as a workstation and for gaming and it has progressed from a Standard ATX ASUS WS Pro Z390 loaded with a I-9900K 128gb of RAM in the massive Fractal Define 7 XL down to a I7-12700KF in a Gigabyte Z690I Ultra Lite D4 with only 64gb of RAM with a much smaller Fractal Meshify 2 Mini case.
Id like to keep my main machine in this downsized case but I also want to run more RAM necessitating more RAM slots than the 2 M-ITX boards have.

What’s the major selling point of a micro ATX vs ITX? I’m leaning ITX but always wondered what does micro offer

more compact than ATX, bigger than ITX. more expansion options on M-ATX over ITX in addition to more RAM slots.

it seems the only good ones are Gigabyte's Z790M AORUS ELITE and the ASUS PRIME Z790M-PLUS.

I use my main build both as a workstation and for gaming and it has progressed from a Standard ATX ASUS WS Pro Z390 loaded with a I-9900K 128gb of RAM in the massive Fractal Define 7 XL down to a I7-12700KF in a Gigabyte Z690I Ultra Lite D4 with only 64gb of RAM with a much smaller Fractal Meshify 2 Mini case.
Id like to keep my main machine in this downsized case but I also want to run more RAM necessitating more RAM slots than the 2 M-ITX boards have.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JP...-atx-lga1700-motherboard-z790m-pg-lightningd4
I had a build using this mobo and pretty happy with it.

I was going to open a thread with the same question.

Two months ago I started browsing for my next microATX build and I was surprised that entire MicroATX segment is somehow moved to the lower end of market.
Just two weeks ago, seven new ASUS Z790 motherboards (ROG, ROG Strix, and TUF Gaming) were released - no mATX.
I hope this is temporarily because I don't plan to go back to ATX.

PS> *Asus PRIME Z790M-PLUS - updated with ddr5 support.

Last edited:
Back