G Pro Hero(4K Sensor)

Mchart

Supreme [H]ardness
I figured i'd start a short thread on this just for those that are curious about it. I've been using the G5/G500/G502 lineup for the longest time, but recently saw that Logitech released this G Pro lineup. My G502 was falling apart so I figured i'd give this G Pro Hero a try since the price is similar.

From a functional perspective it has less buttons compared to the G502 - But for me personally this isn't a deal breaker. Most about the mouse is functionally similar, but I find I prefer the Pro mouse due to it being a bit smaller. I've always been one that using my fingers to move the mouse around, versus pushing with my entire palm. The G502 in particular IMO got too large for my tastes.

I prefer the mouse wheel on the Pro. The G502 mouse wheel is again technically more capable as it does a left/right function as well - But actually using the middle mouse button was impossible IMO on the G502. On the Pro the mouse wheel feels far more solid, and doesn't wobble around when trying to click it down for middle mouse button.

The cord on the pro is superior to the cloth cable that was very stiff on the G502.

I don't have much more to say. If you like the G502 but want something a little bit smaller because you prefer to use your fingers to 'claw' the mouse I believe the G Pro to be a better choice.

As for the new 'Hero' sensor.. I can't figure out who could possibly use this DPI level. A rate of 16,000 is insane and on a 4k screen the cursor moves across the screen full retard with the smallest input. I don't see any value to paying extra money for this new sensor, and you're better off saving money on the older version of the G502 or Pro with the older sensor.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
You see the benefit of the Hero sensor more so in the G Pro Wireless. Its as good as the 3366 but with way better battery life. The G Pro Wireless is pretty damn good and I've used just about everything. The only thing I don't like about it is the coating, which looks great but is a little slick. I am going to throw some rubberized tape on the sides and see what that does for me. Been bouncing between these two:

IMG_2344.jpg

The G Pro Hero corded has rubber on the sides and no weird coating. You might just pick it up and ditch the wireless one if you can.

Edit - It's not rubber, but weirdly has that type of texture without being rubber. It's hard plastic.

The G Pro Hero corded has rubber on the sides and no weird coating. You might just pick it up and ditch the wireless one if you can.

Edit - It's not rubber, but weirdly has that type of texture without being rubber. It's hard plastic.

Yeah I know what you are saying. Not all rubber coatings are created equal. Even the Final Mouse Ultralight Phantom was slightly slicker than the original FinalMouse Ultralight Pro. I'm almost certain FinalMouse's December release is going to include the Hero due to the weight. I'll see how the tape works out and I may even remove the right side button board/magnets to see if I can get it closer to 70g.

Back