The Lords of the Fallen

I'm pretty excited about this. I was going to hop into Lies of P now that I'm finally done with Baldur's Gate. Yet, I'm way more into the vibe of this game so I think I'll play it first. At least assuming reviews don't reveal a shitload of stutter and/or performance issues.

Yeah it looks good just limited my viewing like not watching the entire Fighting Cowboy video. It looks more Dark Souls than Dark Souls was.

reviews are mixed but mostly positive...the game sounds really difficult (which I love) and it sticks very close to the Souls formula (another positive)...but apparently there are performance issues on both PS5 and PC...looking forward to the Digital Foundry breakdown

Attachments

• F8QAKznXIAEac8K.jpg
    F8QAKznXIAEac8K.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 0
A video I watched the other day seemed to imply there was some split opinions. One of the things pointed out was that there seems to be a little jank with the movement, that the character had to much momentum/inertia which could potentially cause the player to fall off ledges now and again. I'm not really worried about it tbh because like I say all these souls likes have their own little quirks/shortcomings that you'll need to adapt to or have a miserable time. I'd say the movement in LoP feels about perfect to me personally, though a little slow imo.

The youtuber reviews have been showing up all day though I refuse to watch any of them, but I guess generally things seems pretty good? looking forward to playing, though I don't even know if I got any money on my card at the moment lol.

PC Gamer's reviewer said this:

I ran it smoothly (bar some strange framerate tanks in certain areas) on a Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 and only encountered a handful of bugs, only one or two of which required a restart.

Reviewed on: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060, AMD Ryzen 7 5800 8-Core Processor, 16GB RAM, Force MP600 SSD.

A video I watched the other day seemed to imply there was some split opinions. One of the things pointed out was that there seems to be a little jank with the movement, that the character had to much momentum/inertia which could potentially cause the player to fall off ledges now and again. I'm not really worried about it tbh because like I say all these souls likes have their own little quirks/shortcomings that you'll need to adapt to or have a miserable time. I'd say the movement in LoP feels about perfect to me personally, though a little slow imo.

The youtuber reviews have been showing up all day though I refuse to watch any of them, but I guess generally things seems pretty good? looking forward to playing, though I don't even know if I got any money on my card at the moment.
Fextralife is one of the most experience Souls game people (runs wikis for the games, creates content, etc). And he likes it a lot, overall.

I thought UE5 was supposed to cure all the issues with UE4?...the UE5 games released thus far seem better but I was expecting a bigger improvement in regards to stuttering...or maybe that's only with UE 5.2 which makes a noticeable improvement

Fextralife is one of the most experience Souls game people (runs wikis for the games, creates content, etc). And he likes it a lot, overall.

I like his reviews but he seems to love pretty much every Souls and Souls clone so I'm not sure he's really a good unbiased source

the game sounds pretty good overall...I love that the difficulty is high and the graphics are really impressive...most reviewers seem to be complaining about the floaty combat and unfair enemy placement (long range enemies and archers)...hopefully they won't nerf the difficulty in a future patch like they did with Lies of P

I like his reviews but he seems to love pretty much every Souls and Souls clone so I'm not sure he's really a good unbiased source

the game sounds pretty good overall...I love that the difficulty is high and the graphics are really impressive...most reviewers seem to be complaining about the floaty combat and unfair enemy placement (long range enemies and archers)...hopefully they won't nerf the difficulty in a future patch like they did with Lies of P
Well I watched combat on Fextralife and one other channel and-----it looks pretty great.

PC Gamer's reviewer said this:

I ran it smoothly (bar some strange framerate tanks in certain areas) on a Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 and only encountered a handful of bugs, only one or two of which required a restart.

Reviewed on: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060, AMD Ryzen 7 5800 8-Core Processor, 16GB RAM, Force MP600 SSD.
This post is irrelevant without screen resolution. Sorry Chameleon.

This post is irrelevant without screen resolution. Sorry Chameleon.

Actually, resolution (and even the hardware) is irrelevant if we are talking about graphic engine / DX12 related issues, such like shader compilation stuttering, traversal stuttering, CPU multi core utilization issues.

According to "Gamestar", a german site: After the review code there were already four patches for the PC version, which greatly improved the performance. They said there is still some sort of a memory leak after playing a while, where you have to restart the game in order to play smooth again. The good news is, every location they saw stuttering can be played absolutely fine after a restart. So this is given me hope that the rest of the performance issues can be patched quickly.

I will try it out today.

Last edited:
I found it amusing that the 2014 game is listed as "Lords Of The Fallen" and the 2023 game is "Lords of the Fallen" in your Steam library. The capitalization is definitely enough of a differentiation, am I right?

I found it amusing that the 2014 game is listed as "Lords Of The Fallen" and the 2023 game is "Lords of the Fallen" in your Steam library. The capitalization is definitely enough of a differentiation, am I right?
Like totally man! :p

Man, why are there still no keys available on instant gaming / cdkeys.com etc.?

Man, why are there still no keys available on instant gaming / cdkeys.com etc.?
Yeah I know. It sometimes happens with cdkeys. I don't think they'll get the keys out till around 12pm EST. It seems the only time you can kind of count on them releasing the keys before a game release date or exactly on time is for highly hyped games like starfield, otherwise it's just a random "on the day of release" time period.

Yeah I know. It sometimes happens with cdkeys. I don't think they'll get the keys out till around 12pm EST. It seems the only time you can kind of count on them releasing the keys before a game release date or exactly on time is for highly hyped games like starfield, otherwise it's just a random "on the day of release" time period.

Now they are coming.

Got my key a few minutes ago. Anyone have any luck making the game run in any other mode except fullscreen with vsync on? I can't change those values in-game or even by editing the config files.

EDIT: You have to disable frame generation to change the vsync setting. You can toggle it back afterwards.

Last edited:
currently sitting at 'Mostly Negative' on steam with a little over 400 reviews. crazy! Most complaints seem to be performance related.
BOHICA!!! :banghead:

meh, I still gotta finish LoP anyhow....

Got my key a few minutes ago. Anyone have any luck making the game run in any other mode except fullscreen with vsync on? I can't change those values in-game or even by editing the config files.
Check if you have frame generation on.

currently sitting at 'Mostly Negative' on steam with a little over 400 reviews. crazy! Most complaints seem to be performance related.
BOHICA!!! :banghead:

meh, I still gotta finish LoP anyhow....
Probably all AMD rigs

GeForce Game Ready Driver Version: 537.58
Driver for Lords of the Fallen.

Quote,
"This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS technology. This includes the launch of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III Open Beta, Forza Motorsport, and Lords of the Fallen."

Maybe people are running on bad drivers from AMD and Nvidia So they review bomb the best game made to date.
I'm still downloading it won't have a fair shake at it untill middle of next week. Unless I give my coworkers the cold shower and call in a few days but have vacation in 3 weeks.:censored:

I generally like to give people the benefit of doubt, and I think pc gamers are competent for the most part. You have almost double the amount of negative reviews and even people with 4090's are claiming issues. Out of vid memory on a 24gb card?...lol
clearly has some issues to be addressed. I doubt every one of these reviewers is running a potato....

Ended up finally picking up Elden Ring last week on sale, so I'll let this get polished for a while and pick up on sale too.

Reactions: horse
like this
Getting bombed over day 1 crashes. Even though the game got 8's and 9's from critics.

I'm seeing 120fps right now on a 4090 with the day 1 patch and updated Nvidia driver. I did have a crash the first time I loaded into the game, haven't had another one yet.

Feel sorry for the devs though, Lies of P had such glowing reviews (and the performance was very good) but the game itself was kind of shit in my opinion.

^Gamespot (lol) reviewer gave it a 5, not sure what that's all about

I generally like to give people the benefit of doubt, and I think pc gamers are competent for the most part. You have almost double the amount of negative reviews and even people with 4090's are claiming issues. Out of vid memory on a 24gb card?...lol
clearly has some issues to be addressed. I doubt every one of these reviewers is running a potato....
People online are organizing a review bomb of Diablo IV. People who have it already on Battle.net or haven't even played it want to buy it on Steam, post their review, and then refund it. That screams the opposite of competent, to me.

CI games.jpg

Also read that if your controller isn't working right you can goto Borderless Window and it will work.

20231013131012_1.jpg

Runs fine for me up to the character select which is sick in it's own right. The loading screen before this is just shaders loading so it looks like lag.

some people like to deny any issues exist because they have been looking forward to a game for so long and need to play it on Day 1...you saw that with Cyberpunk 2077...I always say there's nothing wrong with waiting for a few patches before playing a game...nowadays almost every major game on PC requires a few weeks (or even months) of patches

Just defeated the first boss and no major issues so far. Playing with DLDSR + maxed out settings + frame generation. Everyone playing without frame generation need to cap the fps with RTSS (driver fps cap should work too) in order to get smooth frametimes. Ingame FPS limiter does nothing for frametimes.

I really like the game so far. Hit feedback could be more satisfying, but it's okay. The game as also dolby atmos support, yay!

Back