Assassin’s Creed Mirage

looks like the Jedi: Survivor and Starfield FSR controversies have helped create a major change going forward with FSR (or XeSS) no longer getting exclusivity windows

Assassin's Creed Mirage will support DLSS and FSR

A couple of days back, the system requirements for Assassin's Creed Mirage were revealed with only XeSS being mentioned as far as upscaling support...Ubisoft posted an updated blog post yesterday that confirms Assassin's Creed Mirage will support DLSS, FSR, and XeSS...

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...s-creed-mirage-pc-specs-and-features-revealed

So many hardcore gamers say they hate Ubisoft, but I love their games. I’ve bought and played every Assassin’s Creed, every Far Cry, every Watch Dogs, and every Splinter Cell game - and, what’s more, I bought them day one and spent dozens of happy hours on each.

I get it that a lot of hardcore gamers hate this company, but it would be nice if they’d just keep the hate to themselves and let those of us who enjoy these games do so without the constant negativity.

So many hardcore gamers say they hate Ubisoft, but I love their games. I’ve bought and played every Assassin’s Creed, every Far Cry, every Watch Dogs, and every Splinter Cell game - and, what’s more, I bought them day one and spent dozens of happy hours on each.

I get it that a lot of hardcore gamers hate this company, but it would be nice if they’d just keep the hate to themselves and let those of us who enjoy these games do so without the constant negativity.

The problem with Ubisoft has more to do with their business practices, their games are hit or miss. I also think at best their games will just be okay, they've more or less given up on making something remarkable and shoot for the same generic approach in every game they make. I think Mirage is a nod in the right direction so it will be interesting to see how this turns out. I think Ubisoft is realizing a lot of gamers find all of their current IPs to play very similarly and if this is more like the traditional stealth action game of the older entries it would be a step up from previous efforts.

My problem with the series the Maps were 10,000 square miles wide. Hopefully the smaller maps will give you some kinda memory or placement of the map you just played. I would if anything pick this up on the PS5 because UBI launcher and Epic gets no use from me.
Screenshot_20231002-102721.png

That looks like a big graphical upgrade no kiddin

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this. It's well timed since I'm coming up for air from Starfield.

I'm looking forward to this. It's well timed since I'm coming up for air from Starfield.
I’m waiting on Mirage for the opposite reason - because Starfield didn’t click with me. I’m glad you liked it though.

I have to be honest here: I actually loved Odyssey and Valhalla. The big open world RPG style Assassin’s Creed games have just sucked me in. The smaller world of Mirage, and the return to forced stealth, doesn’t actually appeal to me.

That said, I’m always hoping to be surprised. I’m definitely buying this day one. Let us know what you think.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I’m waiting on Mirage for the opposite reason - because Starfield didn’t click with me. I’m glad you liked it though.

I have to be honest here: I actually loved Odyssey and Valhalla. The big open world RPG style Assassin’s Creed games have just sucked me in. The smaller world of Mirage, and the return to forced stealth, doesn’t actually appeal to me.

That said, I’m always hoping to be surprised. I’m definitely buying this day one. Let us know what you think.

have you played any of the earlier AC games?...the ones before Unity?...before they became giant 100 hour RPG games

like this
This still has an open world. I think I will like it. Already pre ordered. Is there preload or early access?

Yes, I’ve played every Assassin’s Creed game. I liked all of them, but I adored Odyssey.

Same here. I never miss an AC game. They just work for me. What can I say?

I'm ready to go for Mirage. Looking forward to it. :)

Preload is ready to go.

IMO gameplay videos I've seen haven't impressed me, and it seems the gameplay is turning more into a pure tactics type of game where you have to choose the right 'actions' to do. It looks like it will be a really good mobile/touchscreen game because of this (When it comes out for iOS in the winter), but as a full fledged game on console/PC - Not so much.

Same here. I never miss an AC game. They just work for me. What can I say?

I'm ready to go for Mirage. Looking forward to it. :)

Preload is ready to go.
I’m looking forward to reading your comments. Do you happen to watch Karak from ACG - you remind me of him.

like this
What do you mean this is a spin off? I thought this was Basim's story who was key character in Valhalla?

The game is releasing at midnight your local time, except in SEA and Japan. Why is Ubisoft stuck in the past? Global release time is how you should go in the digital age.

Another solid and fair ACG breakdown. It doesn't sound like there are any egregious issues. He says the game is "fun" again. AC fans should be happy. He says "buy."

The game leans more towards stealth and being an assassin and if you get into a crowd you will be cut down instead of being a mass killing machine. Fine.

An overglorified expansion that leans more in the direction we wanted vs more of Valhalla. I liked Valhalla but didn't love it like I did Odyssey. Valhalla was cludgy and a chore at times.

Last edited:
what does one of my favorite reviewers have to say...

I do not recommend: Assassin's Creed Mirage

Assassin's Creed Mirage is what we all feared it might be: a throwback to the old formula, with little effort made to adapt or advance that formula in any way...it also has the weakest characters and plot of any AC I've played...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZmUtEsgGq0

like this

Assassin's Creed Mirage is what we all feared it might be: a throwback to the old formula, with little effort made to adapt or advance that formula in any way...it also has the weakest characters and plot of any AC I've played...

Did that reviewer mention, what to me is the most important thing, did he have fun?

Another reviewer I respect.

We all know what to expect here. I know I’ll get what I want out of it.

Another reviewer I respect.

We all know what to expect here. I know I’ll get what I want out of it.
Yep. Seems like a good “down time” game. I’m not planning on buying any games until Spidy 2 is out, but if the Avatar game ends up being crap this might make a decent thing to play once I’m done with Spider-Man and before FF7 Rebirth comes out.

like this
I’m personally just going to treat this as a mobile game for my iPhone when it comes out December for it.

some of the reviews seem to be lowering their score based on the fact that Mirage is a return to basics stealth game similar to the first 3 AC games...but this has been known since the game was first announced...

some of the reviews seem to be lowering their score based on the fact that Mirage is a return to basics stealth game similar to the first 3 AC games...but this has been known since the game was first announced...
Right, and most people warned this wasn't the right direction.

At the end of the day just watching gameplay videos I'm not sure why this wasn't just another Valhalla expansion.

like this

At the end of the day just watching gameplay videos I'm not sure why this wasn't just another Valhalla expansion.

this probably would have been better as a Valhalla expansion (which was the original plan) but I also like the return to the simpler stealth assassination gameplay

like this
Can't wait too play this. Unity was my favorite AC game so hoping this is super similar. Also its only 50$... :)

Reviews are good 7-8... With good performance...

I think it is the right direction. But if it has a weak story and bad characters then it is clearly taking that aspect from Odyssey and Valhalla, and isn't fully going back to its roots. I think this is more of an Ubisoft problem, I don't think they have the talent to write a coherent, logical or emotional story with enjoyable characters. If they do they will probably get that cut early on in development so it feels more bland and generic. I believe having a grounded and immersive experience is the antithesis of how Ubisoft design's their games and this is intentional.

Ubisoft is the McDonald's of video games. Fries are fries, and all fries taste good but we know there are better ones out there. You get them because you still enjoy them for what they are and because you don't have the time to get something better. Ubisoft is similar. That game you really want to play isn't out yet, so you'll play Ubisoft's whatever and probably be amused. But you won't be blown away by the experience, and no one will ever cite a modern era Ubisoft character or quote.

Until Ubisoft's culture and design philosophy changes I don't think you can expect anything else. I doubt you will see a proper "old Ubisoft" style game like the original Splinter Cell games anytime soon. So when they try and make an "old style game", you'll get a halfway mix. I have a feeling that is what Mirage will end up being.

Ubisoft's last big release was 2 years ago (Far Cry 6) aside from a R6 game at the start of 2022. And Mirage isn't even a full game.
Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla all released within a span of 3 years. Valhalla is 3 years old now.

Kinda makes you wonder what's going on over there.

Last edited:
like this
Ubisoft's last big release was 2 years ago (Far Cry 6) aside from a R6 game at the start of 2022. And Mirage isn't even a full game.
Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla all released within a span of 3 years. Valhalla is 3 years old now.

Kinda makes you wonder what's going on over there.

Well they did have that massive sexual abuse scandal come forward that led to some management shakeup. Plus, the entire industry is in kind of a weird place right now.

Played the prologue. Plays like Ass Creed 2 games. No complaints from me yet.

Still similar traversal bugs lol.

Omgrafix look like they are from 4-5 years ago.

Back