Best ITX motherboard at sub-$100

[Ion]

[H]ard DCOTM February 2024
Hey guys! I'm constructing a new mini-ITX system for portable gaming and a fileserving. I have a Cooler Master Elite 120 (I won it) on the way, as well as a Core i3-2100 and 8800GTS G92 [plenty for this use]. I already have a 1TB WD Caviar, with plans to add a SSD in January. I'll be using a 350w Antec PSU I have and 8GB of DDR3.

Basically, I'm looking for the best LGA1155 ITX board at a sub-$100 price range. The cheaper the better, but if it's worth $100 for a nicer board I'm certainly willing to spend it. I don't need USB3 or SATA6 (although I wouldn't mind)--but 3 or 4 SATA ports would be useful.

EDIT: I'll be buying a board in the next couple days--preferably from Newegg

Thanks. I'll give Newegg a bit longer to see if it'll come back in stock--but I like Asus products, so I'd gladly get that. Everywhere else it's a bit over budget, however :(

That Asus H77 board seems quite popular. Really seems the perfect itx board for a powerful fileserver. It's been going out of stock frequently.

Last edited:
What do you guys think of the ASRock B75 board? It meets my budget a bit better than the H77--and the Asus is still out-of-stock a The Egg :(

[Ion];1039371764 said:
What do you guys think of the ASRock B75 board? It meets my budget a bit better than the H77--and the Asus is still out-of-stock a The Egg :(

ASRock B75M is a Micro-ATX board.

I ended up going with the P8H77-I. It was $10 off, had an extra 1 year warranty and free shipping, and had the Asus quality I've come to trust. Thanks guys!

Back