Drooling....

I was just thinking I wish KryoTech would get back in the game after seeing this. Checked their website and it's gone. Their offices are still open, they are headquartered about a mile from here. Anyone remember the case and cooling system they made for the Athlon K7 procs? I got to see and demo those firsthand way back when. Was some wicked stuff.

More importantly, how much it will cost each month to keep running. I don't think I could ever justify the cost of running a phase system seeing as I keep my rig on 24/7 which is already expensive.

Looks cool though and I would like to see more on it.

Cool:cool:;)

Looks interesting, curious to see what this type of setup would run......

More importantly, how much it will cost each month to keep running. I don't think I could ever justify the cost of running a phase system seeing as I keep my rig on 24/7 which is already expensive.

Looks cool though and I would like to see more on it.

That's exactly why I'm not that hot with a phase change setup. Watercooling is the top I could do power wise.

How is this any different than the Asetek Vapochill that has been out for years? Although it does cost an arm and a leg.

How is this any different than the Asetek Vapochill that has been out for years? Although it does cost an arm and a leg.
For one thing, it looks to be more compact but pictures can be misleading. Second, it's probably designed as a non-proprietary system, ie., can be installed in more 'standard' cases. Third, it may be more affordable. I can be wrong on all of these speculations so take what I say with a healthy dose of skepticism.

I thought OCZ was supposed to come out with a phase cooling setup as well. What ever happened to that?

I think OCZ's problem was shipping the completed units, full of refrigerant, from China to the United States and Europe. The biggest problem with phase is that it's not something I'd really want to run 24/7, you can keep condensation in check for several hours of running, even what you'd call 'normal usage' for someone that doesn't leave their computer on 24/7. But when you start running it day in, day out, eventually that condensation is going to creep in somewhere.

Considering I've not been able to max out a TRUE... Most Quads will hit a FSB wall at around 3.2 to 3.6

I was just thinking I wish KryoTech would get back in the game after seeing this. Checked their website and it's gone. Their offices are still open, they are headquartered about a mile from here. Anyone remember the case and cooling system they made for the Athlon K7 procs? I got to see and demo those firsthand way back when. Was some wicked stuff.

I had a Kryotech case back in the day. Could overclock like a madman with that thing. Too bad it broke and I had to chuck it :(

That's exactly why I'm not that hot with a phase change setup. Watercooling is the top I could do power wise.

If it keeps the proc super cool without condensation and uses less power, I would definitely be on board....as long as its not super expenseive like phase change

This isn't practical (or cost effective) for a folding farm. Maybe a game machine or some other special purpose box that requires very high frequencies, but for a folding farm I can't see how this would be economical when the extra money can be spent on additional cores/GPUs or what not. If your main objective is to get production up by increasing frequency, the resources are better spent on superior or additional processing componentry. A card running the GPU2 client will produce far more than the resultant CPU frequency boost potential of this cooling device, and that's just one example of how resources are better used.

Back