Pronounciation of ATi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerblade

2[H]4U
How do you say it? Seperate letters like A T I or in one word ATi (aaati lol) I say it seperate letters.

Just wondering when I remembered the discussion on how people pronounced Radeon :D

Same way, by letters. And I agree with the pronunciation of Radeon.

BTW, a friend of mine pronounces "GeForce" with the G and E as letters, followed by the word "force." I've always treated it as two syllables, the same way as "G-Force." Which is more common?

I vote goes to a pro-now-see-A-sh-un thread for all of these somewhere not individual threads ;)

and its Ate-tee-eye for sure

It is A - T - I ( Ay - tee - eye)

This is how it was said in their commercials they had for their radeon's back in the day.

How can anyone think its something other than that?

Some people should be alowed to breed.

Bah these are too easy. :)

What are these?

peltier is what? pelt ee err? pelt ee ay? This bothers me because even the alternative! Most would probably just call a T.E.C. a teck no? Seems like when acronyms sound good pronounced like read it's done... Fubar and the like. :D

Is anisotropic - ahn iso tropic?.... or anne iso tropic? Doesnt this bother anyone else!!! :p

I've heard Peltier go both ways, although TEC is usually spelt out- at least in my circles. I don't French-ify it, although I really should.

Anisotropic: ah/uh niss oh tropic.

I've always called pelt's pell teers, as for anistropic ann is troe pic.

*breathes sigh of relief*

I thought this was going to be another idiot ATI flame fest, where pronounciation was being used as in, "Doctor, we need you to pronounce him." That being said, I say the letters.

truffle00 said:
*breathes sigh of relief*

I thought this was going to be another idiot ATI flame fest, where pronounciation was being used as in, "Doctor, we need you to pronounce him." That being said, I say the letters.

Let me help start it out by mentioning that the proper pronounciation of GeForce is "Gay Force" ;)

What about Nvidia, it's clearly ENN-VID-EAA, but I have heard people say it NNNN-VID-EAA. Anyone else heard the dumb pronounciation?

Kickus_assius said:
What about Nvidia, it's clearly ENN-VID-EAA, but I have heard people say it NNNN-VID-EAA. Anyone else heard the dumb pronounciation?
I pronounce it...

N - Vid - E - uh

N-Vid-E-uh
A-T-I
Ray-Dee-Ohn
Gee-Force
An-Ees-Oh-Tropic

For peltier, I always pronounce it Pel-tee-ur or something like that. Most of the time I'll just call it a T-E-C, though.

texuspete00 said:
Bah these are too easy. :)

What are these?

peltier is what? pelt ee err? pelt ee ay? This bothers me because even the alternative! Most would probably just call a T.E.C. a teck no? Seems like when acronyms sound good pronounced like read it's done... Fubar and the like. :D

Is anisotropic - ahn iso tropic?.... or anne iso tropic? Doesnt this bother anyone else!!! :p

Yeah, for the most part I never use computer jargon outside of the internet because my friends are not too computer literate...I've tried to say Anisotropic a few times...just came out wrong....lol..

Aa Tee Eye is correct because ATI is an acronym. It stands for Array Technology Industry.

And if you ask most ATI employees, many of them will pronounce OCZ as O SEE ZED as we're Canadian and speak English English.

Here's a question...is GUI pronounced Gee You Eye or Gooey because its an acronym that I've always said the letters out but I've heard engineers say gooey.

Spare-Flair said:
Aa Tee Eye is correct because ATI is an acronym. It stands for Array Technology Industry.

And if you ask most ATI employees, many of them will pronounce OCZ as O SEE ZED as we're Canadian and speak English English.

Here's a question...is GUI pronounced Gee You Eye or Gooey because its an acronym that I've always said the letters out but I've heard engineers say gooey.
Zed? WTF is that?
O see zee for me.
A - tee - eye (scali and whoever "we" is say ahh tee???? wtf)
ray dee on
Es - el - eye
Gee you eye....but I've heard gooey
Ann - ee - so - troe - pic (AF, but even the computer guys I know aren't much into 3d, so I have to pronounce it usually)
En vidia (no other way to say this, in my book)
Pelt ee er (screw the frenchies)
tee ee cee

9:19AM CST....wishing it was 5:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back