My New Computer with Water Cool Setup *Pictures*

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Alright guys i just finished building my new computer over the weekend, with new water cooling setup Thermaltake BigWater 745 + New Case Ultra Aluminus + New 7900GT.

Specs:

Opteron 165 @ 2.8GHZ
MSI NEO4 PLatinum SLI Motherboard.
2GIG OCZ Diamond PC4000 @500mhz
EVGA 7900GT @ 600 / 1800
24" Dell Ultra Sharp LCD
Thermaltake BigWater 745
400GB RAID 0
16X Dual Layer DVD Writer
16X Dual Layer DVD Writer
ATI HDTV Wonder
Bose Accoustic Surround Sound Home Theater System.
Sony Digital Cienma Sound Processing System 32Bit.
Sunbeam Fan Controller.
Ultra Infinity 500Watts Power Supply

100_1175.jpg

100_2699.jpg

100_2700.jpg

100_2701.jpg

100_2702.jpg

100_2703.jpg

100_2704.jpg

100_2772.jpg

100_2776.jpg

100_2778.jpg

100_2771.jpg

100_2779.jpg

100_2780.jpg

100_2773.jpg

Overclock284.jpg

Opteron165.jpg

AlmostEvil said:
nice overclock on the opteron, what stepping is it? youve got a pretty sweet pc there :D

I don;t know what stepping is it, i bought when they first came out from MVAWE, and it is a great processor.

Yo nice setup i was thinking about getting the Bigwater 745 but im prob goingt to wait until conroe comes out with the new intel watercooling setup

Yeah i heard too that intel is coming out with their own water cooling setup. I saw it at techpower.com

looking good, how much did that bigwater 745 run you? and where did you get it? i been thinking about getting one also.

I bought Bigwater 745 from ZipZoomfly for $159 shipped. Which dock program are you talking about? If you are refering to the pictures, i used techpowerup.com's free picture uploader.
It is totally free and easily to upload, and you can resize your picture. You have a limit of 2mb for one picture.

that's about how much i spent on my water loop and i have the homemade eaquivilent of a storm

sonnybobiche said:
He's talking about your desktop dock. (The thing at the bottom, like on OSX)

Here you go, it called YZDOCK it is the most usefull thing in the windows right now OR i should also say cool or beautifull windows addin. You guys going to love it. It has been almost a more than a year since i am using it. All you have to do is extract and create the shortcut on the desktop, then cut and paste that shortcut in the startup. You can change the icons there are hundreds of them, so cool you will see what i am talking about.

YZDOCK

best [486] said:
that's about how much i spent on my water loop and i have the homemade eaquivilent of a storm

Well dude can you tell me how you make that water cooling for $159, and it can match Bigwater 745

I don't know the first thing about watercooling but it looks like you have a lot of fans in that setup still?

Isn't one of the reasons for water cooling to eliminate noise by removing most of the fans?

sitheris said:
I don't know the first thing about watercooling but it looks like you have a lot of fans in that setup still?

Isn't one of the reasons for water cooling to eliminate noise by removing most of the fans?

there are total of 5 120mm fans, including the radiator's fans, and trust me the only thing i hear is the hard drive working. :)

bigwater 745 is excellent and so low on noise some times i think it is not working at all.

best [486] said:
i guess thats great if you have your own mill and etc.

hey what are your temps like?

Nice setup! It's different from a lot of water-cooled setups that I've seen, but then again, I haven't seen many. ;)

Definitely would consider something like that if I could afford it. haha

annaconda said:
Well dude can you tell me how you make that water cooling for $159, and it can match Bigwater 745
well, i'm not him, but i can answer to this without you having to make your own block.

one decent pump: http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=HD09202
two quiet fans: http://www.jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-120mm-Case-Fan-D12SL-12-pr-3009.html
one decent rad: http://www.jab-tech.com/Black-Ice-Pro-II-Dual-120mm-Radiator-Black-pr-2981.html
one CPU block: http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-Apogee-Extreme-performance-CPU-water-block-pr-3175.html
10 feet: http://www.jab-tech.com/Masterkleer-Tubing-7-16-ID-5-8-OD-pr-3079.html

and i have the total at $148.69US, leaving about $10 for you to go to the hardware store for hose clamps, distilled water, a bit of antifreeze and a T-fitting.

this will also quite handily out cool the bigwater.

you can put together quality DIY watercooling for cheap, and it beats almost every kit on the market, including the bigwater. you could easilty add a GPU waterblock to this loop as well: the rad and pump are both powerfull enough to deal with the added heat.

DFI Daishi said:
well, i'm not him, but i can answer to this without you having to make your own block.

one decent pump: http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=HD09202
two quiet fans: http://www.jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-120mm-Case-Fan-D12SL-12-pr-3009.html
one decent rad: http://www.jab-tech.com/Black-Ice-Pro-II-Dual-120mm-Radiator-Black-pr-2981.html
one CPU block: http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-Apogee-Extreme-performance-CPU-water-block-pr-3175.html
10 feet: http://www.jab-tech.com/Masterkleer-Tubing-7-16-ID-5-8-OD-pr-3079.html

and i have the total at $148.69US, leaving about $10 for you to go to the hardware store for hose clamps, distilled water, a bit of antifreeze and a T-fitting.

this will also quite handily out cool the bigwater.

you can put together quality DIY watercooling for cheap, and it beats almost every kit on the market, including the bigwater. you could easilty add a GPU waterblock to this loop as well: the rad and pump are both powerfull enough to deal with the added heat.

First of all you did not included the shipping for any of them. Which from my point of view could be between $10 to $20 even if you buy these parts from same retailer.

Second you are talking about a single radiator with 2 x 120mm fans, well Bigwater Comes with 2 radiators and 3 x 120mm fans.

Third their is no way you should be worry about leaking, because thermaltake's quick connect and extra screw on the top of the tube made it secure and easily as eating a cake.
Let even if you compare your products with Thermaltake's 745 there is no match in any of them. The quality, refinement, quiteness, sense of security, and over the top the performance of Thermaltake, plus no hasle, and worse come any thing goes wrong you can easily RMA or change the product. On the other hand you buy all these different parts from different retailers and any thing goes wrong with any part you have to run after each retailer for RMA.

Lets compare the temperatures also and be honest, i used so many different water cooling setups. I even had Thermaltake's BigWater SE and to be honest it was also as good as any water cooling setup can be in its price range.

Now you already know my setup, i am running Opteron 165 @ 2.8ghz and i can prove it with the picture. My temperatures are 29C idle, and 40C load under hell of stress 100% both cpu utilization for 30 minutes in sandra burn after 6 hours of regular computer work. I can easily add my 7900GT in the loop and it won;t won't effect more then 1C or 2C the most.
You guys should read the reviews also, about this BigWater 745, then you will know what i am talking about. For this price you simply cannot beat it, period!

annaconda said:
First of all you did not included the shipping for any of them. Which from my point of view could be between $10 to $20 even if you buy these parts from same retailer.
you didn't specify in your question shipped or not, but fine. the place that i get gear up here has free shipping on orders of over $100 before taxes. i linked jab-tech because i didn't feel like dicking around when answering a question/challenge rather than shopping for real.

annaconda said:
Second you are talking about a single radiator with 2 x 120mm fans, well Bigwater Comes with 2 radiators and 3 x 120mm fans.
you're quite correct on both counts. what you fail to note is that i put up a dual pass rad with flat tubes rather than the cheap snake's nest that thermaltake includes with their kit. this rad, with these two fans, dialed down to about 9 volts can keep CPU, GPU and chipset cool while being dead quiet.

annaconda said:
Third their is no way you should be worry about leaking, because thermaltake's quick connect and extra screw on the top of the tube made it secure and easily as eating a cake.
7/16 ID tubing on 1/2" barbs is also quite secure, even before you put clamps on top. both physically and in terms of forming a water tight seal: these joins are strong and secure.

annaconda said:
Let even if you compare your products with Thermaltake's 745 there is no match in any of them. The quality, refinement, quiteness, sense of security, and over the top the performance of Thermaltake, plus no hasle, and worse come any thing goes wrong you can easily RMA or change the product. On the other hand you buy all these different parts from different retailers and any thing goes wrong with any part you have to run after each retailer for RMA.
you don't buy thermal take products if you want quality. they aren't quality. they are cheap, and their build quality reflects it. as for refinement, see above comment on cheapness, and add on the sentiment: more glowing lights don't give refinement, they give cheese.

you run an ultra PSU, an ultra case onboard sound and a MSI motherboard. you've got nice RAM, good CPU for overclocking and a killer video card. you have a very nice gaming system. your system has zero refinement with or without a thermaltake bigwater 745 installed. i make no claims to refinement in my own system.

i've never dealt with thermaltake RMA or tech, so i don't know how good or bad they are. hydor is a reuptable pump manufacturer, yate loon is a reputable OEM fan manufacturer and the other parts are ones that either fail out of the box or keep working for their normal service lives. you're not getting inferior products, you don't conduct RMA through the store, and 4 out of the 5 products that i linked are from the same store. you are trying to make a point about reliability and you don't have a leg to stand on.

annaconda said:
Lets compare the temperatures also and be honest, i used so many different water cooling setups. I even had Thermaltake's BigWater SE and to be honest it was also as good as any water cooling setup can be in its price range.
so long as we're stating that you're only looking at products that are around $100US i'll agree with this one. i'd of course question how much better it performs than aftermarket air coolers, but as stated, i'll tentatively agree.

annaconda said:
Now you already know my setup, i am running Opteron 165 @ 2.8ghz and i can prove it with the picture. My temperatures are 29C idle, and 40C load under hell of stress 100% both cpu utilization for 30 minutes in sandra burn after 6 hours of regular computer work. I can easily add my 7900GT in the loop and it won;t won't effect more then 1C or 2C the most.
You guys should read the reviews also, about this BigWater 745, then you will know what i am talking about. For this price you simply cannot beat it, period!
i've read the reviews of the 745. the reviews are always very positive. comparing the reported temps attained with the 745 to what people commonly pull off in watercooling, i see nothing remarkable about the 745's performance. the 745 does a good bit better than similarly priced kits, to be sure, but is nothing special in terms of what a similarly priced DIY system can do.

as for your smart-ass little implications: call me a liar or don't. whatever. make your opintion known clearly.

you didn't have the guts to say it, so here's idle:

why idle? i like that nice little negative sign in front of temp2. temp1 is my chipset, just BTW.

Nice try, you are saying by using that $150 water cooling you got -5C on the CPU. You got to be kiding me, lol.

Why don;t you use MSI Core Center, and put some picture of your Water cooled System, so i know what are you talking about.

annaconda said:
Nice try, you are saying by using that $150 water cooling you got -5C on the CPU. You got to be kiding me, lol.

Why don;t you use MSI Core Center, and put some picture of your Water cooled System, so i know what are you talking about.

I can't personally vouch for DFI's setup and what he's got running...but it's not really worth your time to start any kind of cooling related arguement with him. In all my time here at [H] I still consider DFI Daishi to be the authority on many different cooling methods. The same has been said numerous times about myself when it comes to case wiring, and I graciously accept my standing.

Basically, you are making some half decent points...but everything DFI's saying is the whole truth. He's not saying your h2O setup is crap at all, so don't worry about it. Take 'er easy...and enjoy your rig.

cornelious0_0 said:
I can't personally vouch for DFI's setup and what he's got running...but it's not really worth your time to start any kind of cooling related arguement with him. In all my time here at [H] I still consider DFI Daishi to be the authority on many different cooling methods. The same has been said numerous times about myself when it comes to case wiring, and I graciously accept my standing.

Basically, you are making some half decent points...but everything DFI's saying is the whole truth. He's not saying your h2O setup is crap at all, so don't worry about it. Take 'er easy...and enjoy your rig.

lol, no no i don;t think he saying my water cooling setup is crap, and seriously i am not taking it personaly. I just wanna see the difference he is talking about, you always learn from each others experience. To be honest i am really amazed the result he showed in the picture, i respect his guidence and the time he put to show me that it could be possible to make a water cooling setup for the same amount which can perform better.
But i wanna see the setup he is using, so in the future i know what i have to do, or from my experience if somebody learns something that would be great. Thats why we share our experiences here, and talk to each other for guidence and help.

So please every one who can put their water cooling results, with pictures here would be great.

I'd also like to personally see what he's running...I (also) always like to take a look at what fellow [H]'ers are running for cooling. :cool:

If I remember correctly, Daishi runs pelts. I think his point on the negative was to say that he does know his stuff cause he can manage to keep his computer alive even with pelts.

Punx_Clever said:
If I remember correctly, Daishi runs pelts. I think his point on the negative was to say that he does know his stuff cause he can manage to keep his computer alive even with pelts.

Yeah me too. There is no way he can get -5 with a $150 water cooling setup, not to mention not even with $428 Water chill.

annaconda said:
Yeah me too. There is no way he can get -5 with a $150 water cooling setup, not to mention not even with $428 Water chill.

Correct, watercooling alone is not capable of reaching CPU operating temperatures below your ambient temperature...so there has to be something else being utilized in DFI Daishi's case...but not to worry...you're not hurting with your setup at all...some of us would still just prefer to spend the same amount of money (or a little more) and build something they can call their own.

maybe if i actually neaten up my build one of these days and then i'll put up pics of it. the combination of having to run a big pump, two large rads, wires and PSU for the pelt and the pin adapters on my PSU results in one hell of a messy build.

cooling loop:
maze 4 GPU
maze 4-1 CPU coppertop with: 226 watt 12 V pelt, custom 1/2" cold plate, home made a64 mounting plate.
danner mag 7 pump (probably)
2 BIX2 rads with 2xpanaflo U1A and 2xpanalo L1A fans on controller
5/8" OD barbs and 1/2" ID tygon tubing
T-line

chipset 'sink: swiftech MCX159

i used to also run a pelt on the GPU, but i didn't think that it could deal with my present card, so i now run the GPU straight water cooled.

when i posted my screen-shot, i though that you were implying that i might not have attained teh OC or temps noted in my sig.

there is no way to get these temps with a $150 setup, and i never meant to imply that the setup i put up could do this.

NICE BUILD OP

For $158 i picked up the following: (piece by piece)

Danger Den D5 Pump
Apgogee Waterblock
Maze4 GPU Waterblock
Danger Den Black ICE Pro Single 120 Rad
RadBox
Antec Clear 120mm Fan
Danger Den Fillport
5.5 Feet of Danger Den Blue Tubing
Hose Clamps
12oz of Pentosin Blue Antifreeze

1stwatersetup0013ot.jpg

1stwatersetup0024to.jpg

of coarse you could sub the $30buck i paid for the gpu block and build it w/ 2x or 3x BIP.

Mal, EXCELLENT job watercooling an AGP 6600GT! I didn't know that was possible. I sold my 6600GT AGP when I upgraded, but I had thought about putting it on water. That loop probly isn't putting out the heat to require a dual rad, I expect you're very happy with that setup. edit: altho after looking it, that 6600GT looks like is warping like crazy! Hope that doesn't damage it down the road.

To the OP, I personally didn't go for the Tt that you did because I liked being able to put everything inside my case. But thats just personal taste. One thing I will say is that putting everything inside makes cable management a nightmare in one of these older dragon cases that I've got.

it's a unlocked 6200 pny .. all 8 pipes and 475core 650mem?

xp-m 2400+ @ near 2.4 w/ 1.625vcore

plays fear on medium at 1024

yea the card is warping but I had to crank down on the block to get it fit right and it's only a two pin soooo....

only paid 65 shipped for it so if goes out .. oh well.. time to upgrade ;)

Nice setup for that price malicious...got 'er setup pretty cleanly too. :)

I too prefer being able to have everything installed inside of my case...because I do move the computer fairly often for LAN parties and such, and i prefer to have my system fully mobile.

Nice stuff you guys...there is a seperate thread availabe to display your h2O setups though, so lets not try to turn this into another gallery. :p

I really liked the Ultra's Aluminus case, cable management is so easy and you can hide all your cable behind that ultra's logo. But you can also use flex force ultra powersupply and hide all your powercable like i did behind motherboard.

annaconda said:
I really liked the Ultra's Aluminus case, cable management is so easy and you can hide all your cable behind that ultra's logo. But you can also use flex force ultra powersupply and hide all your powercable like i did behind motherboard.

Yeah, not a bad case, but my personal preference is still to take a nice, quality case like a Lian-Li midtower and make the necessary modifications to the case and power supplies cables to suit my needs.

Personal preference though, good stuff either way.

cornelious0_0 said:
Yeah, not a bad case, but my personal preference is still to take a nice, quality case like a Lian-Li midtower and make the necessary modifications to the case and power supplies cables to suit my needs.

Personal preference though, good stuff either way.

Well you cannot buy a Lian Li case for $59AR. I bought this case from Radio Shack sale, which is still on, check HOT DEALS.

annaconda said:
Well you cannot buy a Lian Li case for $59AR. I bought this case from Radio Shack sale, which is still on, check HOT DEALS.

Good point, but I'm a REAL stickler about my cases, and I've developed a lot of personal taste and preference.

cornelious0_0 said:
Good point, but I'm a REAL stickler about my cases, and I've developed a lot of personal taste and preference.
I've bought so many $30 cases, you'd puke if I posted a picture.

thewhiteguy said:
I've bought so many $30 cases, you'd puke if I posted a picture.

haha, no worries...I went through a few of them myself...but I've seen become accustomed enough to higher end chassis' that I can't stand anything but. Kind of a downer in a way...but I'd still much rather be dealing with something that I'm used to, and that I can easily put my money towards...I hate feeling regret after purchasing a new case, and I'll never go through that again.

cornelious0_0 said:
haha, no worries...I went through a few of them myself...but I've seen become accustomed enough to higher end chassis' that I can't stand anything but. Kind of a downer in a way...but I'd still much rather be dealing with something that I'm used to, and that I can easily put my money towards...I hate feeling regret after purchasing a new case, and I'll never go through that again.

I'm starting to feel the same way. I bought this dragon case about 2.5 years ago when they were just coming out and its the quad 80mm fan version. It was great for moving air with alot of noise but I didn't care then. Now that I've went water, the 80mm fans I still have in the rear of the case are way too loud, and using the fanbus to slow them means they aren't moving the air I'd like. After seeing the Antec sonata II that my roomie is running, I REALLY need to upgrade to 120mm fans standard. I've been eye'ing the aerocool cases lately, too bad they aren't in aluminum :(

Back