My New Computer with Water Cool Setup *Pictures*

malicious said:
hey man .. maybe off topic but how do you like that xfinity psu?

mal

One of the best or i should say the best PSU in the market. I have been using Ultra's PSU for long time, and they are the best in the business period!

annaconda said:
One of the best or i should say the best PSU in the market. I have been using Ultra's PSU for long time, and they are the best in the business period!

Depending on exactly what you mean, that statement could easily be dead wrong. If you're talking about the PSU market as a whole and saying that either the xfinity or the Ultra PSU's are "the best PSU in the market" overall...then you are dead wrong. In terms of performance and stability there are a few PSU's that would easily trounce yours, but not without a higher price tag. Overall what you have might be fairly nice, but just be carefull...your PSU might be one of the best in it's pricerange...but there are many more that would outperform it and handle much higher loads.

Didn't mean to crap on your statement, but it was just to black and white, and I needed to know what you meant by it.

cornelious0_0 said:
Depending on exactly what you mean, that statement could easily be dead wrong. If you're talking about the PSU market as a whole and saying that either the xfinity or the Ultra PSU's are "the best PSU in the market" overall...then you are dead wrong. In terms of performance and stability there are a few PSU's that would easily trounce yours, but not without a higher price tag. Overall what you have might be fairly nice, but just be carefull...your PSU might be one of the best in it's pricerange...but there are many more that would outperform it and handle much higher loads.

Didn't mean to crap on your statement, but it was just to black and white, and I needed to know what you meant by it.

To be honest i never used any other branded PSU instead of Ultra's Power supplies. So i can just say from my experience. It never died on me or never had a voltage problem, it has been 3 years since i bought my first ultra psu and it is still running excellent.
So what else i can say, and yes i was talking about ultra power supplies. You can read the reviews and find out what i am talking about.

annaconda said:
To be honest i never used any other branded PSU instead of Ultra's Power supplies. So i can just say from my experience. It never died on me or never had a voltage problem, it has been 3 years since i bought my first ultra psu and it is still running excellent.
So what else i can say, and yes i was talking about ultra power supplies. You can read the reviews and find out what i am talking about.

I realise that they're decent enough units...but if you take a fully loaded system with an FX-60 or 950 Presler and an X1900XTX CF setup or 7900GTX SLI fully overclocked...there are fewer PSU's on the market that will stand up with the same stability.

i realise that not everyone has one of the "fullout" systems...and beyond that, those that are voltmodding and overclocking to a really heafty point...but it is often the case...and I just wanted to make sure you didn't have a lot of false hope in the Ultra PSU's...although (again) they are still fairly nice PSU's.

i agree .. if it's good enough for jonnyguru's peronal rig then it's good enough for mine..

i recently bought a xfinity 500w gen2 made by WINTECH for 57 shipped... can't beat that ...

www.overcool.com

mal

malicious said:
i agree .. if it's good enough for jonnyguru's peronal rig then it's good enough for mine..

i recently bought a xfinity 500w gen2 made by WINTECH for 57 shipped... can't beat that ...

www.overcool.com

mal

Good stuff indeed...nice to hear you're happy with your PSU.

It'd be a hell of a lot easier/cleaner to run the h2O setup I have planned in the PC-7B, but I just don't know.

My friend and I both have the 7b.

I choose to water cool in an external box...(worklog in the worklog section)

My friend choose to do it inside... and it wasn't as easy as it would seem, it was a tight case, and NOWHERE to put a 120x2 rad....

so he went with 2, 1x120 rads.. which is sweet in the 7b, becuase its got the 2 120 fans, front and back.

heres his work log... if you want to see the 7b watercooled totally internal.

linky linky

and as an added bonus, a pic of me in it!
Bwhahahahahahahaha

bradyapba said:

My friend choose to do it inside... and it wasn't as easy as it would seem, it was a tight case, and NOWHERE to put a 120x2 rad....

so he went with 2, 1x120 rads.. which is sweet in the 7b, becuase its got the 2 120 fans, front and back.

linky linky

Bwhahahahahahahaha

Yeah, that's one added bonus to the 7b...the two 120mm fans allow a pair of rads as opposed to cutting up the case to try and fit a 2x120 rad in the top of the case.

Thx for the link, I'll check it out in a bit.

bradyapba said:

linky linky

Bwhahahahahahahaha

I think we should stick with water cooling setup pictures :D

I've always wanted to make a watercooling setup with the radiator placed outside in the winter....maybe even hooked up to a car radiator. Antifreeze would be a must obviously...hopefully not diluted too much

Spetsnaz Op said:
I've always wanted to make a watercooling setup with the radiator placed outside in the winter....maybe even hooked up to a car radiator. Antifreeze would be a must obviously...hopefully not diluted too much

Antifreeze? you are going to use car Antifreeze? it is better than other coolants we use in computers?

Antifreeze is worse in your loop, try it you will notice higher temps, (I did anyways with my storm of course its only a temporary solution, like a week before my hydrx comes in). (actually its probably expecially bad because of how contricting storm is).

Back