My dream system, WCed Antec P180

Vlad_13

[H]ard|Gawd
Ladies and gentelman I will present you my dream system. Antec P180 fully watercooled.

The loop: D5>Black Ice GT Stealth 240>TDX>MAZE4 (chipset)>Black Ice GT Stealth 120>MAZE4 (GPU)>DD Single 5 1/4" Bay Res.> and back to D5. All that on Tygon tubing.

My parts will arrive from monarch on Tuesday so i will have more pictures later on. (in the sig they are)

Any comments, questions?

Also I have a window:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1070794

Stay tuned :)

Is that a CMOS reset switch? :D That would be kinda useful for me. I should probably mod one of those into my next rig.

penguin said:
Is that a CMOS reset switch? :D

Yeah it is...
What is a CMOS anyways, not to sound like a noob....is that resets the bios? or it resets the bios's memory.

penguin said:
Is that a CMOS reset switch? :D That would be kinda useful for me. I should probably mod one of those into my next rig.
it sure looks like it

Make sure you make some cuts in the case for better wire management. Also you will want to keep an eye on that acrylic res, they very often develop cracks and leak, especially around the barbs. That would cause water to drip down onto your HDD's in the lower chamber.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I love my watercooled P180!

Erasmus354 said:
Also you will want to keep an eye on that acrylic res, they very often develop cracks and leak, especially around the barbs.

Question, acrylic (my DD res) cracks from hot temperature or cold? Or maybe they crack because the fittings get cold from the coolant and they tranfer the cold to the acrylic and that's why they crack? In that case i would need to order a pair of plastic G1/4s...

In my loop, res will have a warm coolant...the last stop be fore the pump.
Also i will have a clear PrimoChill ICE coolant... in case of the leak...

Vlad_13 said:
Yeah it is...
What is a CMOS anyways, not to sound like a noob....is that resets the bios? or it resets the bios's memory.
Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor

It's the type of transistors that are used in the logic. It uses NMOS and PMOS transistors in combo to get the logic. This logic is what holds information about what your computer needs to do when you turn it on. The switch probably resets all that logic when something screws up so you can boot again.

Are you sure there's enough room on the top for your board to fit in properly? On my P180, there's no a wohle lot of room up there.

Bbq said:
Are you sure there's enough room on the top for your board to fit in properly? On my P180, there's no a wohle lot of room up there.

It will fit, with some modifications to the heatsinks that are on the top of the mobo.

Parts arived today!
Still waiting for some stuff from DangerDen and voyersmod.

The box

mobo, cpu, 2 HDDs, Intel blue man and a Intel Tshirt

WD 250gig left and Raptor 74 right :p

the beauty

naked

with blocks!

Will have a complete setup on these weekends (if my other 2 packages will come in)

It's going to be greater than GREAT!

that has got to be the worst IDE connector location i've ever seen.

keep up the good work.

stormshadow said:

keep up the good work.

Seriously they are joking right? thats the most retarded spot ive ever seen >.>

I dont realy care about wire managment... caz in this PC there will be too many to hide :/

stormshadow said:

keep up the good work.
werd, horrible location, i rather have the main atx near the mosfets than have the ide channel there :eek:

N H O said:
werd, horrible location, i rather have the main atx near the mosfets than have the ide channel there :eek:

In the P180 that would be awful to have the connector there. Actuall for the P180 the IDE connector isn't in that bad a location.

Actually, I would say the best board for the abit, that I have seen, would be the Abit AN8-sli 32x. The ide connectors are sideways on the edge (perfect spot), the only thing is that the cpu 2x2 power connection is less than optimal.

I love my P180, except I got one of the earlier ones so I have a warped door :(

Also, how do I take out the door ?

Here some pictures,
Just a pic of the case with all the wires hanging out and the motherboard inside.

The Tubing!!! :p

[URL=http://imageshack.us]

God have mercy on me
Doing tubing is such a hard work...

I'll start leak test today, will leve it for a night, hope no leeks....got my fingers crosed

Arcygenical said:
Can I get a paint schematic of the loop order? hahah

The loop: D5>Black Ice GT Stealth 240>TDX (CPU)>MAZE4 (chipset)>Black Ice GT Stealth 120>MAZE4 (GPU)>DD Single 5 1/4" Bay Res.> and back to D5

God!

This is a mess, air all ower the place, how do i get rid of it?

15 minuts and counting, no leeks so far, but there are soo many bubles :(

Yeah, waht I'd do is put your system on it's back... Like, turn it so the RES is facing up, PSU is against the desk. All the bubbles should migrate to the top of the res.

When you get about 1/4 of your RES full of air, put it flat, and re-fill.

Damn it...they all stuck to the iner walls...

And OMG D5 is soooo silent! To bad...lol caz 6 120s will make enogh noise :D

Just move your system around. Pick it up and change it's orientation.

I know, a case full of water is about as easy to move as a freshly dead hippopotamus but it'll work.

Shit...if some one would see me with this thing they would probably think I'm dancing with this case...

Yeah I'm moving it around...some of them go and in their place new ones come...gerr

How do you get rid of the bubles that are right by the fittings?

when i was bleeding mine, i just let it run for a while and all the bubbles got out. also try pinching the tubing to restrict flow to push the bubbles but not too hard.

Did the Intel T-Shirt and doll come with the CPU? I ordered an E6300 for a friend and it never came with one.

Can you look at something for me?

Open the door to your p180
Is the inside black (plastic) or silver (alu) ?

Bbq said:
Can you look at something for me?

Open the door to your p180
Is the inside black (plastic) or silver (alu) ?

Silver (aluminum)

Finely I'm finished with my PC...

Here are some new pics.
PLS dont kill me...I know..I know....wire managment........................I realy dont care bout them tho..

need better pics showing the inside, the angle is killing it for me.

Back