**WARM** Crucial 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit CAS 3

nicepun

2[H]4U
$229.99 Shipped from Newegg and ChiefValue I got me a set to try it out.

20-148-017-03.JPG

Manufacturer's Website

Brand Crucial Technology
Model TY2KIT12864AA663
Type 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM
Tech Spec
Capacity 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Speed DDR2 667 (PC2 5300)
Cas Latency 3
Timing 3-3-3-12
Voltage 2.2V
Heat Spreader Yes

In PriceGrabber the next price is $335.79 Shipped so I don't know if it's a mistake by Newegg.

Doesnt Look like to bad of RAM. I'm not really sure its a deal status though. To me a good deal on RAM right now is DDR2 800 at $200 or lower (but thats just me) Not saying its a bad price though.

a search on froogle shows this sells for 252 at Chiefvalue.com. All other prices come up $330+. Now the question is, how well does it overclock..

added:
here is a review on the thing. It seems the guy overclocked it to 800, pc6400 and the timing was at 3-3-3-10

http://www.3dgameman.com/content/view/4561/103/1/5/

2nd review:
http://www.bcchardware.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3094&Itemid=40

2nd review got up to ddr2 834 but stayed at 3-3-3-12 timing. (not sure what that means as I'm still learnining)

With that type of specs, It reminds me of team ram.
It's a special 10 year anniversary edition by crucial.

ps. It may come with a piece of chocolate

I ordered that ram along with some other stuff. Just wonder why those cas 3's are at 2.2v while these are at 2.1v . Was thinking the anniversary edition were those sticks with a different heat spreader, guess not exactly.

Damn if the specs and price is right then this is a HOT deal. Excellent Cas 3 plus only $200, it cannot be right. :confused:

I had to order a set of these. Ive been looking for some memory. Nice thing about these, they have relaxed default timings so they can post with 1.8V :) shouldnt have to worry about these not posting on certain mobos. Another Great set a ram, just hope mine OC up past 800 @ 3 3 3 12 and ill be very happy.

sweeeet..i hope mines r too, i havent taken them out the seal yet...r the spreaders tough to remove?

bench261 said:
sweeeet..i hope mines r too, i havent taken them out the seal yet...r the spreaders tough to remove?

I jacked that pic from XS, but I don't think it should be hard to remove. Did you get the chocolate bar??? LOL Mine won't get here until tomorrow. I test them with 2.4vdimm, after that I'll pump it up to around 2.6vdimm to see what we can get out it.

nicepun said:
I jacked that pic from XS, but I don't think it should be hard to remove. Did you get the chocolate bar??? LOL Mine won't get here until tomorrow. I test them with 2.4vdimm, after that I'll pump it up to around 2.6vdimm to see what we can get out it.

there is no bar...they probly figured it would melt in a warehouse during the summer...or it would go bad and sumone would sue from poisoning

Last day for this deal people. 1150Mhz @ CAS 5 with only 2.2vdimm. Other results are been posted over @ XS Don't miss out! :eek:

Edit: ChiefValue still has them for $229.99 w/ Free Shipping.

Bump because I think this is an awesome deal guys. I got my set today and it's giving the Patriot set I have in my sig a run for their money. Don't miss out.

D9GMH here as well. I'm testing them out and so far 800mhz @ CAS 3 and 1000Mhz @ CAS 4. This RAM is really good, I think I'm going to get me another set and get rid of the ones in my sig eventhough they are D9GKX.

Edit: Well I did it, I got me another set.

1000Mhz @ 4-4-4-4 w/ 2.4vdimm (Active Cooling)

Edit2: 1100Mhz @ 4-4-4-10 w/ 3:5 and 2.4vdimm

nicepun said:
Bump because I think this is an awesome deal guys. I got my set today and it's giving the Patriot set I have in my sig a run for their money. Don't miss out.

D9GMH here as well. I'm testing them out and so far 800mhz @ CAS 3 and 1000Mhz @ CAS 4. This RAM is really good, I think I'm going to get me another set and get rid of the ones in my sig eventhough they are D9GKX.

You mean 400Mhz and 500Mhz, right?

And yes, those are decent chips. Have a look at what (cf)eclipse did with them....

Link

How does this ram compare to this http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=85025-5&ps=ho3 The Corsiar runs at 1.9v so it would be more compatible right? I thought I read that the Asus 965 boards go up to 2.1v but there's a rev 2 that goes to 2.4v if I remember right. Also what's the change that this ram will go below $200 in a couple of months?

Nevermind I read that the timings are loose by default for compatibility.

inscape01 said:
How does this ram compare to this http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=85025-5&ps=ho3 The Corsiar runs at 1.9v so it would be more compatible right? I thought I read that the Asus 965 boards go up to 2.1v but there's a rev 2 that goes to 2.4v if I remember right. Also what's the change that this ram will go below $200 in a couple of months?

The P5B Deluxe goes up to 2.4vdimm, the P5B and the P5B-E only go up to 2.1vdimm. I think this ram can do 800@CAS4 with 2.1vdimm no problem. I have a P5B-E but I already did the vdrimm vmod which gives me 2.5vdimm right now, I might tweak it go up to 2.6vdimm. As far as the Corsair Ram, with that CAS5 @ 1.9v the Crucial mem is able to do the same.

Thanks, good to know. I just put an order in for some, good thing i'm working overtime today :p

So will an Asus P5B take this memory? If so, will it be overclockable to ddr2 800 standards?

Well i think that answeres my RAM problems....my system is decided...now i just have to get it all ordered. :D ....finally.....

nicepun said:
The P5B Deluxe goes up to 2.4vdimm, the P5B and the P5B-E only go up to 2.1vdimm.

Anand's got their first of 3 out the door w/ regard to 965 boards. There's a newer revision that increases vdimm and mch volts.

1.80V ~ 2.45V on 1.02G
1.4V~1.7V on 1.02G

This ram looks hot. Rec to the guy next to me since he recently paid $350+ for some Kingston CL5. :eek:

did everyone just stop at ddr2-800? I'm looking into this ram, but I need to get past 400 fsb for my goal of 3ghz with e6300.

Dillusion said:
mine does 1100 mhz

At what vdimm? Orthos stable too? Buddy of mine got the P5B Deluxe and has the Crucial @ 1000 too. I'm having issues with the P5B I got from Fry's and would like to check it out...biting now. :D

Here are mine on P5B-E maxed at 2.1v. :D This kit will be for sale very soon...

3602-auto.jpg

This RAM is excellent. I bought a pair when the `Egg had it for $224.99 for a system build for some family members. Note that unlike the $200 DDR2 you find out there, it's CAS 3 latency, not 4 or 5. If I were upgrading to Socket AM2 or to Core 2 Duo (I already have 2GB of OCZ Gold in my 939 rig), I'd buy this RAM in a heartbeat.

Yeah, all RAM is expensive right now. But this is the best stuff you'll find in the current price structure.

Definitely a nice deal. I was checking out a Corsair DD2 667 2GB kit with CAS 4 for 199 but for 30 bucks more you get the same amount of RAM with lower latency.

nicepun said:
$229.99 Shipped from Newegg and ChiefValue I got me a set to try it out.

20-148-017-03.JPG

Manufacturer's Website

Brand Crucial Technology
Model TY2KIT12864AA663
Type 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM
Tech Spec
Capacity 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Speed DDR2 667 (PC2 5300)
Cas Latency 3
Timing 3-3-3-12
Voltage 2.2V
Heat Spreader Yes

In PriceGrabber the next price is $335.79 Shipped so I don't know if it's a mistake by Newegg.

i got a 1gb ddr 667 for 60dollars.. this is not hot...

I just picked this memory up for my new e6300 system. Didn't realize how much potential it had, I can't wait until I get it. :D

SX2233 said:
i got a 1gb ddr 667 for 60dollars.. this is not hot...

C'mon, don't be a tard. Can your ram be bought for that price now? How bout 1100Mhz?

Mine's shipped from the egg today. Should be here Wed or Thurs...wish it had the chocolate bar tho. :D

Back