FX-60 Equipped System Under $400???

monkeynetman

Limp Gawd
Alright guys you can stop posting now... the deal is dead and had little/no chance of getting it to begin with.

lol i priced it down to 336 for most of a system..the cpu alone goes for 834 on newegg.com

i wont bother purchasing it, dont need it just wanted to see

i ordered one. i hope this works!!!

my 3D06 score will shoot over 6000 with that fx-60, and i'll just sell the pieces for the rest of it :) anyone want to buy my 939 3200+? it oc's to 2.6 on air lol

thanks so much for tip, this better ship!!!

creamypie said:
Yes but we're talking about a built rig not buying them individually.

first off, quote someone so we know who you're talking to (see above)

second off - i ordered it so i get an fx-60 with a free computer. i'll put my cpu in there, and sell it with my extra ram and gfx card. thanks for playing

the site is real, my dad got a computer off them about 3 years ago cuz they are cheap and build it for you. not great, not a voodoo or FNW, but you can't beat that price

Cyberpower is kind of shady. I have been to their office before when I had a laptop from them. Still worth trying though. Think I may have to pull the trigger.

maybe they mixed up the x2 3800 & the fx60? if you choose the fx60 they deduct $130. if you click the x2 3800, they add $660. lmao.

lodingi said:
maybe they mixed up the x2 3800 & the fx60? if you choose the fx60 they deduct $130. if you click the x2 3800, they add $660. lmao.

really?

i just went through and reduced everything to lowest (onboard gpu and sound) because i wanted to get my order in before they fixed it!

i have my lovely receipt, can't wait for it to arrive, or to get a phonecall and i will act very upset til i get a free shirt or something

I just came SOOOO close to ordering one. An FX-60 with an x1950 Pro and all else minimum works out to like $500.

But I resisted the temptation. I'll keep saving till I can put a C2D rig together instead...

Rori said:
I just came SOOOO close to ordering one. An FX-60 with an x1950 Pro and all else minimum works out to like $500.

But I resisted the temptation. I'll keep saving till I can put a C2D rig together instead...

Why not order it, see if you get it then turn around and sell it for slightly less than what it's worth and you'll instantly have the money for your C2 system. :)

Nooooo! They fixed it. :( :( :(

I was going to order one as soon as I got home from work.

How much is fx-60 typically? Thinking of pulling the trigger on this:

# *BASE_PRICE: [+749]
# CAS: TURBO X-DREAMER CASE 350 WATT W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display [-31] (BLACK COLOR)
# CASUPGRADE: NONE
# CPU: (939-pin) AMD ATHLON™64 FX 60 Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [-130]
# CD: (Special Price) 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
# CD2: NONE
# CABLE: None
# FLOPPY: NONE
# FLASHMEDIA: None
# FAN: AMD ATHLON64 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK
# HDD: Single Hard Drive (250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
# HDD2: NONE
# IEEE_CARD: NONE
# KEYBOARD: PS2 MULTIMEDIA INTERNET CONTROL KEYBOARD (BLACK COLOR)
# MOUSE: Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse (BLACK COLOR)
# MONITOR: NONE
# MONITOR2: NONE
# MOTHERBOARD: (Sckt939)EVGA nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCI-E Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio
# MEMORY: 512 MB (256MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair Value Select)
# MODEM: NONE
# NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
# OS: NONE - FORMAT HARD DRIVE ONLY [-83]
# PPU: NONE
# PRO_WIRING: None
# PRINTER: None
# PRINTER_CABLE: None
# POWERSUPPLY: STANDARD CASE POWER SUPPLY
# RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
# SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS 24/7 LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
# SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
# SPEAKERS: NONE [-5]
# TEMP: NONE (AS SHOWN)
# TVRC: None
# UPS: None
# USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
# USBHD: NONE
# VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE 256MB 16X PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD
# VIDEO2: NONE
# VIDEOCAMERA: NONE
# WNC: NONE
# WAP: NONE
# ZIP: NONE
# _PRICE: (+500)
# _view_: detail

Price is like 530 with everything. I am in CA with them so pay tax :( But I can pick it up and pay no shipping (not sure if its free or not, will find out).

Good deal? Was thinking of going with a full crossfire setup, but don't think it's needed. I have a bfg 7800gtx atm in my current comp, x2 4400, 2 gigs of xms ram, a raptor main drive, and a 320gig slave drive. Was thinking of just swapping the CPUs and reselling. Am not to update on my pricing though. Think it's a smart move? Thanks.

ryan_975 said:
Why not order it, see if you get it then turn around and sell it for slightly less than what it's worth and you'll instantly have the money for your C2 system. :)

I still had a version in my cart after they fixed it. Went ahead and ordered it.... If they actually ship this, I'll add some of the bits and pieces I have around to make it fully functional and sell it off.

Likelihood of shipping? <1%

Worth a shot though. Good catch on this one OP.

ordered 1. Heck, for like $420 shipped, I'll take it. I figure my x2 3800 in this system has to be worth close to that on ebay.

wespott said:
Nooooo! They fixed it. :( :( :(

I was going to order one as soon as I got home from work.

Are you sure? i just ordered one and i'm printing the receipt. I hope this works. The cpu is worth more than the whole system! I should have went all the way stock/barebone on this, oh well. I guess i can still sell those parts too. Otherwise, I can just sell the CPU and pretty much get my money back, and i'll have an x1950 pro left over =).

It looks like they fixed it. I ordered one configured w/ the FX-60 and some items I needed for my own rig for $376. We will see what happens.

bigpimpatl said:
Are you sure? i just ordered one and i'm printing the receipt. I hope this works. The cpu is worth more than the whole system! I should have went all the way stock/barebone on this, oh well. I guess i can still sell those parts too. Otherwise, I can just sell the CPU and pretty much get my money back, and i'll have an x1950 pro left over =).

When I left work, it was listed as -130. When I arrived home, it was listed as +770. :(

Got mine in time for 540. Opted for the 7300GS, 250gig HD, dvd rw. Not sure if they will ship it though.

wespott said:
When I left work, it was listed as -130. When I arrived home, it was listed as +770. :(

that sucks man. But there's still no guarantee that I will get mine at that price either. I have a question for you guys though: Is there really any chance that I will get this computer? Even if they did screw up on the price, doesn't like every company have a clause in their TOS or w/e it is saying "we are not liable for false information on our website bla bla bla...." or do they still have to honor the price no matter what?

It's pretty darn unlikely that they will ship. Even if they were willing to accept the loss on the processor and make it up on peripherals, almost everyone here stripped all the peripherals off of their orders.

You never know though. Cyberpower doesn't have that high of ratings on resellerratings and they might be willing to ship the computers just to garner some good press.

/me shrugs.

i'm pretty sure they don't care nearly as much about good press as they do about their bottom line. chances are no shipments will be made. maybe we'll get 20% coupons or something that we can hauk on fleabay

Dear Customer:

There was a problem with the pricing on the website, so the order has to
be voided. I apologize for the inconvenience. You can go ahead and
place another order with us. Your card was never charged. Thank you
for your patience.

Sincerely,

Phillip Yu

hijynx54 said:
Dear Customer:

There was a problem with the pricing on the website, so the order has to
be voided. I apologize for the inconvenience. You can go ahead and
place another order with us. Your card was never charged. Thank you
for your patience.

Sincerely,

Phillip Yu

Owned. :D

creamypie said:
1- This quote if for you
2- it is an email.
lol, who else would i be asking :rolleyes:

did you read what you quoted?

i don't think i was ever disrespectful, but you certainly are

i want to say, what am i supposed to do with the receipt? anybody got any good ideas on how to get some free shirts/mousepads/fx-60's?

i_am_mustang_man said:
i want to say, what am i supposed to do with the receipt? anybody got any good ideas on how to get some free shirts/mousepads/fx-60's?

Why take advantage of a company that made an honest mistake? If you were the proprieter of that company, would you want to give some random person who KNEW (and I'm sure that they know you knew it was a pricing error) it was wrong a free anything? That's basically stealing in my book.

Karma can come back to bite you in the ass, my friend.

fuelvolts said:
Why take advantage of a company that made an honest mistake? If you were the proprieter of that company, would you want to give some random person who KNEW (and I'm sure that they know you knew it was a pricing error) it was wrong a free anything? That's basically stealing in my book.

Karma can come back to bite you in the ass, my friend.

You know, I wasn't going to say anything at first, and I'm sure this will make me real popular, but I logged into the representative chat and let someone know their prices were screwed. Did they fix it just because I pointed it out? I doubt it, and I don't believe for a second a single order would have shipped anyways. But beyond that, why the hell is everyone trying to screw over their fellow man all the time? Maybe I am just some sort of do-gooder dweeb who doesn't get "it," whatever the hell "it" is.

to fuel and jaeger (to lazy to quote both)

when it comes to my money, it's all about getting the most for it. i work hard for it. sure, i'm not going to scream at their mothers for messing up the pricing, but a deal is a deal. of course i'm looking out for myself, if you don't look out for yourself, who will? clearly i'm not saying be some sort of sociopath. if you don't get 'it', then maybe capitalism isn't for you.

i_am_mustang_man said:
to fuel and jaeger (to lazy to quote both)

when it comes to my money, it's all about getting the most for it. i work hard for it. sure, i'm not going to scream at their mothers for messing up the pricing, but a deal is a deal. of course i'm looking out for myself, if you don't look out for yourself, who will? clearly i'm not saying be some sort of sociopath. if you don't get 'it', then maybe capitalism isn't for you.
Another word, steal it and ruuuuuuun while you can!

Back