FX-60 Equipped System Under $400???

i_am_mustang_man said:
to fuel and jaeger (to lazy to quote both)

when it comes to my money, it's all about getting the most for it. i work hard for it. sure, i'm not going to scream at their mothers for messing up the pricing, but a deal is a deal. of course i'm looking out for myself, if you don't look out for yourself, who will? clearly i'm not saying be some sort of sociopath. if you don't get 'it', then maybe capitalism isn't for you.
lol a-men to you and me fellow capitalist... for the rest of you look in to a fellow called Karl Marx

I didn't attempt on this one but I did try and succeeded at getting the dell monitor for $150ish. Why should I feel bad because one of them made a mistake? They didn't HAVE to sell it to me, but they did. I say if your clever enough to find a mistake like that then you should go for it, I mean if they screwed up that bad...

Attempting to get in on a pricing mistake is one thing. It's always worth a shot if you can afford it and you never know when a company (like Dell did) will stand up a send the items out just for the positive buzz. Complaining when someone realizes that it's a pricing mistake and makes a business decision that the cost of meeting the orders isn't worth the positive press is juvenile.

If you seriously think that capitalism means "screw the other guy, I just want it cheap" you have a very stunted view of reality.

And yes, I had the cancellation email this morning. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Guess you can think of it this way, why the hell would you pay a 1000 dollars for some metal CHIP? I mean the production cost of the thing is probably like 8 dollars (though the technology must have been a fortune) so all in all you're the one whos getting ripped off everytime

Tylerdurdened said:
Guess you can think of it this way, why the hell would you pay a 1000 dollars for some metal CHIP? I mean the production cost of the thing is probably like 8 dollars (though the technology must have been a fortune) so all in all you're the one whos getting ripped off everytime

You're buying value. Not all dies are equal, even ones from the same wafer. FX chips are singled out because they are the best of best in a yeild. You are guaranteed the highest clock-speeds and stability without overclocking.

It's the same in any market, you pay more for the best. It doesn't matter how much it cost to manufacture/breed/develop.

Spike.. said:
lol a-men to you and me fellow capitalist... for the rest of you look in to a fellow called Karl Marx

Not directed at just you, Spike...

<Rant - warning>
Capitalist my ass. I have a BS in Political Science and Economics (cum laude) - don't lecture me on political theory because I'll lecture your ignorant ass all day. This has NOTHING to do with civics, children. This is all about courtesy and decency. When did I say that I wish that company would give out rations of all the common good of the produciotn of the people and redistribute them according to needs. THAT is communism - who the hell said anything about that? I do not think that word means what you think it means.

In a capitalist economic structure that is as free as the United States, it is entirely up to the proprietor to charge what ever they want for anything they want that is bounds by the rules of the Interstate Commerce Act. Since the clause has a section that explicitly states that a proprietor has the right to refuse service to ANYONE based on any discretion that the entity deems appropriate - this includes even racism, although that has been challenged in the courts.

This is the jurisdiction of the federal government. You have a problem with this company not giving you a free key chain then there is a thing called Petition for Writ of Certiorari (aka talk to the Supreme Court). By the way, you won't win. And if you get yourself off by testing some minimum wage telephone operator upset and ruinig their day, then you better get a real life.
</rant>

/needs more coffee
//feels better
///nothing personal

Oh merciful and benevolent MODS please lock this thread as the deal is dead.

Before the lock, let me point out one thing: By law, if my (night job) store posts a bad price, we have to honor that price until we post a sign saying that price is no longer valid. I have received many a deal because the price was put into the computer wrong and we are forced to override to the price quoted on the tag or in print. Maybe that's only specific to my state....

brasherman said:
Before the lock, let me point out one thing: By law, if my (night job) store posts a bad price, we have to honor that price until we post a sign saying that price is no longer valid. I have received many a deal because the price was put into the computer wrong and we are forced to override to the price quoted on the tag or in print. Maybe that's only specific to my state....

this is the same at my old summer job

and congrats on cum laude to the poster above, but personally, grades don't mean shit. just cuz i have 3.9 in ChemE doesn't make me a better hire than the person who got a 3.7. shut your trap and leave your creds at home

Back