-1800 dpi 3G Infrared Sensor
- 1000 Hz Ultrapolling™ / 1ms Response
- 5 programmable, Ultra-large Non-slip Buttons with Hyperesponse™
- 16-bit Ultra-Wide Data Channel
- Zero-Acoustic Ultraslick™ Teflon Feet
- Always-On™ Instant Response
- Award-winning On-The-Fly™ Sensitivity Drivers
- Right-Handed Form Factor

It's looks that Razer finally realized that laser sensors can not track fast movements needed for low sensitivity players. This is the first new mouse that I'm actually excited about.

Looks nice and matches the keyboard.

"Award-winning On-The-Fly™ Sensitivity Drivers" ***chuckles*** :p

JohnleMVP said:
Looks nice and matches the keyboard.

"Award-winning On-The-Fly™ Sensitivity Drivers" ***chuckles*** :p
total! that was a good one. razers are overrated IMHO but to each iz own

Mark_Warner said:
Gosh it sure looks like the Habu.

Yes, but it will not have the tracking problems that are plagued in the laser sensors. The Habu is very comfortable, but had problems with the laser. I think this will have the amazing shape of the Habu with a reliable optical engine.

Razer said:
Gamers engaging in popular FPS games such as Counterstrike generally play with the mice configuration set at the lowest sensitivity level for more precise and accurate targeting. However this results in having to move the mouse over a large surface area repeatedly when moving in-game, like for example making a 180° turn. With current 2nd generation sensors, this swiping action causes the cursor on screen to move unintentionally away from the targeted area.

This really is the explanation why the Copperhead was not good for a low sensitivity user. It would skip if you did long, fast movements with your hand. The laser can not track as well as optical, so it would skip. The Copperhead is fine for Med/High sensitivity users because they do not have to make the fast, long motions that is required for Low sensitivity players.

Not sure why people who want a low sensitivity mouse would spend money on a high sensitivity mouse.

I can't say as how I have ever had any tracking problems at all with the laser sensor in the G7. I use it in low sensitivity settings all the time.

Frosteh said:
Not sure why people who want a low sensitivity mouse would spend money on a high sensitivity mouse.
You have to move the mouse alot more if you play at low sensitivity.

I am a low sensitivity Quake 4 player and have a Diamondback. I have no issues with this. I admit this was a problem in the old FIRST generation of the optical mice, I have not had any problems with it and I used the old higher DPI MS Intellimouse Explorer for a few years before switching to the Razer.

IMHO, this is just a bunch of marketing BS, but I'm sure the next time I need to buy a mouse I will certainly get the highest DPI I can. If you are happy with your current mouse though, I don't think there is much reason to run out and get this one.

I think the most attractive thing about this mouse is that it is Right Hand only. Being right handed, it might be a little more comfortable than the uni-handed one I have now. Still not worth making an unneeded upgrade at this time though.

I REALLY need to get around to RMAing my diamondback... (switch for left button is cracked ^_- ) its double clicking (and triple and quadruple in some cases! ) so maybe ill get on of these now :LOL:

Tbird87 said:
You have to move the mouse alot more if you play at low sensitivity.

Yeah.., that doesnt really answer my question.

If you're going to only use low sensitivty mice then theres no point in getting a mouse with accuracy as high as the copperhead, you'd be better off saving money and getting a 400-600 DPI mouse.

Frosteh said:
Yeah.., that doesnt really answer my question.

If you're going to only use low sensitivty mice then theres no point in getting a mouse with accuracy as high as the copperhead, you'd be better off saving money and getting a 400-600 DPI mouse.

This is a common mistaken perception. Precision is inversely related to sensitivity or "DPI" settings. More sensitive mice (or mice set to higher DPI settings, say a G5 at 2000 DPI) move faster, and so the cursor moves faster, which reduces precision. Setting the same mouse (again, say a G5, this time set at 400 DPI) is less sensitive, but is more accurate, because you have finer control over the mouse.

At the same time, the sensor of a G5 set at 400 DPI is vastly superior to, say, an old-school optical mouse with a 400 DPI sensor. The G5 will be more accurate, and has a higher polling rate, so it will be smoother and better than the old mouse.

I never said anything about precision, precision is a human element, unless the sensor is faulty and doesn't track well.

Some player may have a lower precision with a high accuracy input device, this is not the fault of the device it's the inability to use it. I can use my mouse just as well at about 5cm per 360 degrees as I can at about 20cm per 360 degrees when precision is concerned.

Some people can't and thats fine, but at a low sensivitity of mouse movement theres no point in getting a mouse with a high DPI, since it's not going to be of any benefit in game.

Higher DPI mice allow higher sensitivity in game while still remaining accurate, if you try high sensitivity in game with a lower DPI mouse your crosshair will skip more and more pixels across the screen or in the case of FPS your point of view will rotate in noticeable steps making aiming harder.

Im simply stating people who use a low sensitivity have no need for a mouse with a high accuracy (high DPI) there's simply no point.

An no precision isn't inversely related to the accuracy of the input device, although there maybe some people this is true for, with practice anyone can control a higher accuracy system just as well as a lower one.

*edit* additionally

Polling rate is only an issue again for higher accuracy mice with higher DPI, data is sent to your PC based on the readings taken by the mouse, if you move 1 CM with a older 400dpi mouse it needs to send 400 pieces of information to the computer about the movement, a 2000dpi mouse needs to send 2000.

ray4389: Don't buy one, trust me...mine's sitting somewhere collecting dust. The scroll wheel broke off within a month and the POS mouse started crapping out after about 3 months of use (admittedly of heavy use since I'm a die-hard FPS gamer, but come on, I was expecting a lifespan of a year at least). Biggest waste of money ever. Now I'm going to try their Notebook Optical 3000, if it gives me any trouble I'll never buy a M$ product again. :mad:

I want to know why the picture under the words "Ergonomic Right-Handed Design" is of a left hand.

Mark_Warner said:
I can't say as how I have ever had any tracking problems at all with the laser sensor in the G7. I use it in low sensitivity settings all the time.

unless your using the rough side of the func1030 i had to switch to the smooth side which is kinda slow at times in terms of movement

Does anyone have any impressions on this mouse? I am extremely interested in getting it, but haven't heard much about it. :/

Yep I read that one, question its validity though. :/

Was hoping someone from Europe could shine some light on this mouse. Maybe you could post your thoughts come Tuesday?

I think I'm gonna sell my G5 for either a Razer or the MS Razer mouse.

The G5 and other logitech mice look so idiotic, cheap, and 17 year old gamer to me. They completely lack elegance.

Nothing like having a piano black case, piano black keyboard, piano black monitor, frost glass desk, and this ugly assed G5 sitting ontop

I want to know why the picture under the words "Ergonomic Right-Handed Design" is of a left hand.

hold your left hand up and try to make that shape. If you can I want to know sort of birth defect put your left thumb on the wrong side of you hand.

hold your left hand up and try to make that shape. If you can I want to know sort of birth defect put your left thumb on the wrong side of you hand.

Yah, it looks like a right hand to me too. I hope this comes out soon in the states. My second mx518 in a year is dying from the same thing as the first: left click dies. I've been wanting to try out a Razer since mx518 died that replaced a dead mx510. I don't have an issue with Logitech mice besides their less than 8 months (4 months for this mouse) lifespan.

I am a low sensitivity Quake 4 player and have a Diamondback. I have no issues with this. I admit this was a problem in the old FIRST generation of the optical mice, I have not had any problems with it and I used the old higher DPI MS Intellimouse Explorer for a few years before switching to the Razer.

IMHO, this is just a bunch of marketing BS, but I'm sure the next time I need to buy a mouse I will certainly get the highest DPI I can. If you are happy with your current mouse though, I don't think there is much reason to run out and get this one.

I think the most attractive thing about this mouse is that it is Right Hand only. Being right handed, it might be a little more comfortable than the uni-handed one I have now. Still not worth making an unneeded upgrade at this time though.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1144349 You need to come over to this thread sir.

Razerzone support tickets are getting back with responses of "by the end of the month," so I cancelled and ordered from TigerDirect. They apparently have it in stock now, plus it's cheaper on there.

Razerzone support tickets are getting back with responses of "by the end of the month," so I cancelled and ordered from TigerDirect. They apparently have it in stock now, plus it's cheaper on there.

They falsely label their stuff a lot. I remember Gears of War was supposed to be in stock a month before it actually came out. I ordered just to see if they would ship it out and they didn't. I ended up waiting 2 weeks after the game actually came out.

I should of also posted that I saw it at CPL and really dind't look at it... I did play a little bit with it and did like the feel of it in my hand.

Well what do you guys feel about the MS Intelimouse 3.0?2

I use a 3.0 right now wih 1000hz polling rate. It's sexy, but I'm picking up the deathadder as soon as I can. It's definately the best mouse out. Check out esreality.

Got mine last night and it took a while to readjust from the holding angle of the Viper (same happened when I tried a Copperhead, until the laser died). It may have been that I bought a gel rest for my mat at the same time and had to readjust chair heights and arm angles as well.

Loving it so far but it does have less visual bling factor than the Copperhead. It's just black..... jet black.... from top to toe, apart from the wheel and a Razer symbol that gently breathes a blue glow, similar to the Copperhead.

I do prefer the feel of it though and the wheel feels SO good that I have to stop and give it a good jiggling here and there. :D The wheel... is... fantastic. It has that feel to it like an expensive car door does when you shut it.

On the whole I like it. It feels very precise, even at high sensitivities, feels solidly built with nice clickyness ot the buttons and a wheel that you will want to leave your partner for but more importantly it will make my 'keeping up with the Jones' friend.... absolutely....furious to know that I have one and will provide several comedy evenings of rubbing it in until his arrives. Well worth the asking price imo ;)

Got mine last night and it took a while to readjust from the holding angle of the Viper (same happened when I tried a Copperhead, until the laser died). It may have been that I bought a gel rest for my mat at the same time and had to readjust chair heights and arm angles as well.

Loving it so far but it does have less visual bling factor than the Copperhead. It's just black..... jet black.... from top to toe, apart from the wheel and a Razer symbol that gently breathes a blue glow, similar to the Copperhead.

I do prefer the feel of it though and the wheel feels SO good that I have to stop and give it a good jiggling here and there. :D The wheel... is... fantastic. It has that feel to it like an expensive car door does when you shut it.

On the whole I like it. It feels very precise, even at high sensitivities, feels solidly built with nice clickyness ot the buttons and a wheel that you will want to leave your partner for but more importantly it will make my 'keeping up with the Jones' friend.... absolutely....furious to know that I have one and will provide several comedy evenings of rubbing it in until his arrives. Well worth the asking price imo ;)

Where did you get it from? Me = still waiting :( and I am going crazy.

The G5 and other logitech mice look so idiotic, cheap, and 17 year old gamer to me. They completely lack elegance.

Nothing like having a piano black case, piano black keyboard, piano black monitor, frost glass desk, and this ugly assed G5 sitting ontop

So paint your G5. :)

I used to have a razer diamondback blue plasma ltd, I liked how it reacted BUT hated the shape of it, seemed so small compared to my hand and the sensitivity button on the side didn't work, and 50% of the time when i booted my computer up it didn't turn on... bah.. so i went and bought a g5, i love that mouse! its the right size and color to go with my rig. and the weights rock! i like a heavier feeling mouse

maybe this new razer will get them back into shape... i didn't try the copperhead so i have opinion on that one lol

I ordered mine this morning from Tigerdirect and it has already shipped. Should get it by the end of the week so we shall see.

Back