Razer DeathAdder

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

nice pics, hows the rubber shell? ive heard that it can get quite annoying :confused:

I love it. The only issues I've noticed...

1. The hump. At first I noticed a bit of discomfort after prolonged web use. After a few days of primary use, it went away and hasn't been a problem since.
2. The side surfaces. They're slick and my thumb/pinky would sort of stick to them after long periods of gaming. Again, after getting "used" to the feel, it's no longer an issue.
3. The missing buttons. Razer dropped the ball here. I would love to have the top button layout of the MX518.
4. The wheel. I love the "spinny" motion and it never performs scroll action between notches, but the exact scroll moment isn't always the same. Does anyone else experience this?

Aside from that, the surface works for me. I love the smooth, cool touch. I wish the whole mouse were covered in it as my fingers/hand never sweat on that part. :D

The shape and the feel of the mouse are really just not good, especially compared to the Copperhead or the G5. Something about it just.. doesn't feel right. The tracking does not malfunction at any speed I could move it at though, so it is good in that regard.

This is the best recent mouse release. I'm glad they got rid of laser, laser blows so badly (note I play quake and UT with very low sense) and doesn't track correctly. I can finally retire my mx510.

I wonder if I can rip out the guts and mod it into an ms3.0 shell, that would be perfect for me.

My one gripe is it can suffer from negative accel.

i got this mouse when it first came out .. it just didnt do it for me .. i couldnt get used to it .. the hump was uncomfortable and after using it for a bit .. i decided to go back to my copperhead ..

the death adder did perform great .. just couldnt get used to the feel

i just got this mouse today i love it it fits like a glove alot more comfortable than the copperhead for me. I think the drivers have matured for this mouse i didn't notice any probles tracking or anything its just as responsive as my copperhead maybe a little better
but the mold of the mouse is so much better i love the the rubbery buttons as it grips my fingers nice. I really like this mouse on of the best ive ever own.

i just got this mouse today i love it it fits like a glove alot more comfortable than the copperhead for me. I think the drivers have matured for this mouse i didn't notice any probles tracking or anything its just as responsive as my copperhead maybe a little better
but the mold of the mouse is so much better i love the the rubbery buttons as it grips my fingers nice. I really like this mouse on of the best ive ever own.

Doesn't the Copperhead have rubber buttons, too.
I'm in the middle of chosing a mouse out of the Deathadder, Copperhead, Diamondback, G5 and MX518. Should i forget about the Diamondback, is the Copperhead better than it in everyway? It'd be nice to narrow down my choices a bit. Also, are there any driver problems with the DA in Vista, or does the firmware need updated straight away?

I'm in the middle of chosing a mouse out of the Deathadder, Copperhead, Diamondback, G5 and MX518. Should i forget about the Diamondback, is the Copperhead better than it in everyway? It'd be nice to narrow down my choices a bit. Also, are there any driver problems with the DA in Vista, or does the firmware need updated straight away?

I'd go with the new version of the G5 personally. It's what I use and I liked it better than all the above mentioned mice.

The copperhead is a laser mouse and suffers all the issues that laser mice do.

In really fast FPS games it's better to use a lower sense. Laser mice track like crap with a low sense.

So if games like quake, unreal tournament, et all are your cup of tea laser rules out the copperhead right there.

On the other hand if you play a lot of RTS games laser kicks all sorts of ass.

This is the reason razer has made another non laser mouse with the death adder.

The diamond back slaughters the copper head in tracking ability at high speeds.

Check out th ESReality mouse tests it pretty much sums it all up from the competitive side of things.

As a side note if you go to lots of high level lan competitions (with cash on the line) you will notice that all the top FPS players use a logitech MX 3 or 5 series, or an MS IE 3.0. You won't see another mouse used unless they are forced to use a sponsors mouse for publicity.

The deathadder is the first mouse that may crack that trend.

the deathadder has a IM3.0 shape to it. It has a awesome feel to it
and great tracking
i would rule out the copperhead its not as comfortbable as the deathadder
the deathadder is the best razer mouse if you want a razer mouse
the new G5 sounds good also

the deathadder has a IM3.0 shape to it. It has a awesome feel to it
and great tracking
i would rule out the copperhead its not as comfortbable as the deathadder
the deathadder is the best razer mouse if you want a razer mouse
the new G5 sounds good also

I really like the look of the shape of the Copperhead, though; it looks like it'd fit my hand perfectly. If the Deathadder was either the shame shape as the MS IE3 or Copperhead, i'd get it. It's a pitty there's no where around where i can try them out.

sd11, being a high/medium sensitivity player, what mouse do you think would be best for me? If playing Oblivion, for example, and zoomed in with a bow, which mouse would be most accurate with small movements? Because, my current cheapo laser mouse seems to shake around a bit in these situations.

Does anyone have the Ratpadz XT and the Razer eXactMat to compare with the DeathAdder? Which is smoother? I have the Ratpadz XT right now and I'm wondering if the rough side of the eXactMat was any smoother.

Back