T = ?
9 = 9th gen
HD = ? HD output?

iB-90HD:
i = integrated video
B = Broadwater 965 chipset
9 = 9th gen
HD = ? HD output?

Lets hope the LG-95 is a good successor to the LG-81 series of boards, and can OC just as well too. We will also see what abit has done to the G965 chipset, possibly fixed the OC problem? Maybe....

There is also the 'T' notation, which we have no idea what it is, one can only hope its the new NV chipset ;)

PCI-E x16 for vid card = check
PCI-E x1 for SATA card = check
PCI for sound card = check
Fatty northbridge cooler for overclocking = WOOHOO!!! :D

It has to have good OC features with heatpipes and all those solid caps.

It is not out yet though, so I am not holding my breath... Seen enough mATX boards become stillborn.

hmm as far as overclocking is concerned, I wouldnt get my hopes up. g965 really has limitations to the chip itself and I don't think gigabyte can work around it. I mean look at what gigabyte has been able to do to revise the ds3 board. They're certainly not doing that great of a job, although I'll admit my ds3 rev2 board really is doing well and I'm not having half the issues other owners with earlier boards are.

As for the 945g chipset, it's definitely possible that'll be decent if abit can do the pcie/pci locking properly. However, even then, the max is just a hair above 400, which is really good enough if it'd work. But I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't be too thrilled using that chipset when the god damned p965 is available. Why the hell not just make a p965 matx board, abit?? I mean come on!!

When I had a 945g matx board, I could go up to 400fsb+ but I couldn't really do stability testing because I'd lose sata up there. I did do some memtesting there and only ran into a few errors (possibly due to cpu not having enough vcore but I can't be certain of that and not the board itself). Now that I'm on ds3, I can memtest for days on end without issue at 400 and even tighter timings and even running 4:5 for 1000ddr2

Where did gigabyte come from? Were talking about abit here, as far as im concerned gigabyte sucks for mATX.

We still dont know what the 'T' in iT-90HD stands for, so its very possible that its a P965 still

Dillusion said:
Where did gigabyte come from? Were talking about abit here, as far as im concerned gigabyte sucks for mATX.

We still dont know what the 'T' in iT-90HD stands for, so its very possible that its a P965 still
whoooops I'm losing my mind. But as far as the ab9 goes, still not too great ;)

abit historically has had some absolutely stellar boards though so I'm not going to be putting them down.

ziddey said:
abit historically has had some absolutely stellar boards though so I'm not going to be putting them down.

Still love my NF7-S after more than 2 years.

I'm pretty new to the mATX world. So with what little info we know the iB-90HD looks the most promising (I realize we have no proof of anything) to directly compete against the NF-M2 in overclocking? I am planning to use the NF-M2 if they dont get a good overclocking Conroe version out by the time I plan to build. Which is going to be a little while longer yet. I'm just wondering which mobo to watch for. :D

Dillusion said:

If the HD stands for High Definition Media Interface, a IGP would be implied :(.

HDMI...

Well, abit HAS been inconsistent with their marking codes, thats why i'm speculating so much...we wont know until official specs are out i guess.

I'll shoot abit an email during lunch and see what they have to say and if can get a review board out. I'll also try to get an "order" for them so we know which ones are supposed to be the top of the line.

Steeeeve said:
I'll shoot abit an email during lunch and see what they have to say and if can get a review board out. I'll also try to get an "order" for them so we know which ones are supposed to be the top of the line.

That would be sweet if they get you a mobo or two for you to review. I'd love to read your review. :D

Hmmm, my wallet is definitely hoping that these boards will suck...otherwise I might have to take out a second mortgage (on my parents house that is ;) )

If one of these boards turns out to be a good parallel to the NF-M2, overclocking well with features to boot it might just be what pushes me over the edge into upgrading to Core 2.

I cant find anything showing the specs on this board on Abit's site at all.. I did do a Google search and interestingly find hits that when clicked on come up blank...but, when you look at the Google cache view you are able to see the board and specs.. I found this from a vendor in Australia...

IB-90HD

Oleschuldad said:
I cant find anything showing the specs on this board on Abit's site at all.. I did do a Google search and interestingly find hits that when clicked on come up blank...but, when you look at the Google cache view you are able to see the board and specs.. I found this from a vendor in Australia...

IB-90HD

looks like we guessed the codes right. Its a G965 w/ Silent OTES. Lets hope abit made their own OC alogrithm or this board might be a pos too :(

Cool...

Grr. I will wait. I'm tired of switching so much. I've had way over 10 mobos this year. No more. :rolleyes:

Well, it is a new year, soon. :D I will consider this once the cheapie C2D's come out. I just picked up a 65w 3800 X2.

I think there are 2 companies that can take a product and bring them up a level. The Reclaim Abit and DFI.

On another note. I would not compare Junkabyte with ABIT. Even when Abit had a bad run I still wouldn't compare them.

Dillusion said:
looks like we guessed the codes right. Its a G965 w/ Silent OTES. Lets hope abit made their own OC alogrithm or this board might be a pos too :(

It looks pretty sweet... Please ABIT I'm hanging on by a thread here waiting for you to release a hot matx OC C2D board... :(

c2emb_30.jpg

MC FLMJIG said:
Looks like a piece of the board is not showing.

Yeah, I zoomed it, and it looks like the board sits partially behind a "shelf", likely where the power and any IDE connectors are. It also looks like the edge of another RAM slot, so it possibly has all 4, and MAY not even be mATX if that's the case.

mATX can have large width, unfortunately. That GigaBitch S2 was fat. My MX is nice and tight, just like my women (hah!)

Kil4Thril said:
Yeah, I zoomed it, and it looks like the board sits partially behind a "shelf", likely where the power and any IDE connectors are. It also looks like the edge of another RAM slot, so it possibly has all 4, and MAY not even be mATX if that's the case.

Intel Core 2 Duo/Intel Pentium 4/D Socket LGA775 Motherboard, G965/ICH8DH Express Chipset, 1066/800MHz FSB, 4 x 240-pin Dual Channel DDR2 533/667/800 (Un-Buffered, Non-ECC) DIMM sockets - Max 8GB, Integrated Intel Gen4 Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 3000 & supports Clear Video Tech, 1 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x1, 1 x PCI, 6 x SATA 3Gb/s, Intel Matrix Storage Technology (AHCI & RAID 0/1/5/10), 1 x ATA 100/66/33, 7.1-Channel HD Audio, Intel 82573L 10/100/1000M PCIE LAN, up to 10 x USB2.0 ports, ABIT Silent OTES, mATX form factor

Oleschuldad said:
Intel Core 2 Duo/Intel Pentium 4/D Socket LGA775 Motherboard, G965/ICH8DH Express Chipset, 1066/800MHz FSB, 4 x 240-pin Dual Channel DDR2 533/667/800 (Un-Buffered, Non-ECC) DIMM sockets - Max 8GB, Integrated Intel Gen4 Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 3000 & supports Clear Video Tech, 1 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x1, 1 x PCI, 6 x SATA 3Gb/s, Intel Matrix Storage Technology (AHCI & RAID 0/1/5/10), 1 x ATA 100/66/33, 7.1-Channel HD Audio, Intel 82573L 10/100/1000M PCIE LAN, up to 10 x USB2.0 ports, ABIT Silent OTES, mATX form factor
Doh! I missed the specs while looking at the pretty pictures. Looks decent. Make an SLI-capable version and I'll test it myself.

Kil4Thril said:
Doh! I missed the specs while looking at the pretty pictures. Looks decent. Make an SLI-capable version and I'll test it myself.

Not gonna happen.

I havent heard of a release date yet. Someone said it was in December originally but I didnt hear anything official. My unofficial guess is probably January sometime considering ABIT has shown pics of it. Shouldnt be too much longer I would think. People here at HF got eyes open for it.

Must keep hope alive...

EDIT: Also for all the people hoping this board overclocks well doesn't the G965 chipset suck for overclocking?

Must keep hope alive...

EDIT: Also for all the people hoping this board overclocks well doesn't the G965 chipset suck for overclocking?

Keep hope alive? Then you post that?? Not exactly hope inspiring..Lol. I think someone else mentioned this as well, but were hoping that Abit does their own bios revision to help address this.

I'm actually considering trying a mod Ive seen on here several times now where people have modded their mATX cases to accept fullsize ATX boards due to the fact that after six months of speculation, no one has produced a nice OC intel mATX board yet... :mad:

This will be the perfect board for that new spankin E4300.

I'm wainting for a decent c2d micro atx board so I can finally replace my MSI 6150 (aka the best MicroATX board ever).

This will be the perfect board for that new spankin E4300.

I'm wainting for a decent c2d micro atx board so I can finally replace my MSI 6150 (aka the best MicroATX board ever).

Yeah, but it looks like vendors preselling the E4300 are selling it higher than the E6300.... I thought it was supposed to be 163.00 bucks... lowest price I see so far is 199

So has anyone seen this MB in the wild or otherwise for sale?

Google searching is not coming up with much at this point in time.

Eh you see them and then they surprise you 3-6 months later after you have forgotten about them, if ever. That's generally what happens with mATX. *sigh*

Also wondering about these though...

There was a question about Silent OTES, and why someone should care.

The OTES acronym stands for Outside Thermal Exhaust System. It first appeared on some ABIT video cards, in which the cooler exhausted hot air out of the case. It was a forerunner of many modern video card coolers which also exhaust out the rear of the case. The first OTES coolers on motherboards were added to cool the VRMs. Later, the Silent OTES system was introduced on some motherboards to combat the noise produced by large northbridge fans. One of these early Silent OTES boards was the AN8. However, many hardware sites complained that the Silent OTES system did not cool the NForce4 chipsets as effectively, limiting overclocking potential. Silent OTES didn't reappear until the NForce5 and NForce6 chipsets became available, with lower thermal output. The new Silent OTES heatsinks are a bit larger than their predecessors, and also cool the VRMs, while the first Silent OTES embodiments did not.

The Silent OTES system works by creating a small airflow short-circuit with the rear case fan, drawing air in through vents in the I/O panel and over the heatsink. In this sense, it is not actually an "exhaust" system so much as it is a manner of cooling the passive heatsink without adding an extra fan. The newer silent OTES heatsinks return to thin copper fins like the earliest ones, a change I'm glad to see, since this should further increase the cooling capability. However, the thin fins are closely spaced together, which might lower the efficiency of the silent-OTES cooler unless the rear case fan is moving a lot of air.

Back