Do your X-Fi Drivers work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie27

Supreme [H]ardness
At lest two forums and 3 Anti-Creative fans I know. Say "Creative's drivers suck and are bad", "they don't work, you're lucky yours do" and worst the "Drivers are bad you're lying if you say yours work". "KX Drivers are better" and my favorite, "all Creative Drivers suck and X-Fi's are the worst". So please, if you X-Fi drivers don't work, please post here that they do or don't? I don't like the Audigy #1 card or Drivers, same goes most of the others with names like SE, Value and etc......

Something I might save for my sig update.

ROBSCIX said:
No kidding?! Saying Creative has good drivers shows either a lack of research or a lack of involvment with Creative products or just a plain lack of knowledge. or all of the above."

They work on my system but each time I reboot the digital output through the flexijack is turned off, a common problem posted on Creative's forum.

Mine work fine and guess what I have a Nforce 4 motherboard.

Mine work, but I haven't really tested them out much. Just installed an X-Fi and did an audio test in CS:S. Worked ok there. Haven't fooled around with eax games yet though.

Mine work fine EXCEPT occasionally it wont turn on my headphone settings automatically, It will mute the speakers just not switch over to headphone like normal but a reboot cures this.

Mine work but then all I play with is gaming or entertainment modes and CMSS 3d on or off :).

Never had any real issues with creative drivers for their soundcards. For their Mpeg 2 cards o boy....

kx are for the audigy and below, dont work with the x-fi. And yes, my X-FI drivers work fine, with a couple issues that creative has always had with these cards. But they don't bug me.

Mine work, but I'm on a C2D platform and I had a clean windows install just 3 days before I got the card. I don't have any of the software from the CD installed, just the creative audio console. Switching between audio creation w/ bit-matched output and game mode.

Mine work mostly fine on my Nforce 4 board, cant use sli and the x-fi though, windows keeps putting one of the video cards and the sound card or both video cards on the same IRQ and the computer just crashes.

My X-fi card works fine, on an nForce 4 board and even in SLI mode. I did install the drivers only without all the other garbage, don't know if that makes a difference.

the Nforce 4 issue it was only with some Asus mainboard from what I have heard.

I am also only using the audio console nothing else :)

They work on my system but each time I reboot the digital output through the flexijack is turned off, a common problem posted on Creative's forum.

Same issue here.
When I first got my card, the driver installation reported, "Hardware not supported" error. Seemed the card had bad firmware or other hardware issue. I RMAed it, got another one, and it worked great. Except for the digital-out getting turned off at reboot issue.

My X-Fi has worked well on all the following set-ups:
ASUS A8V-Deluxe+FX-53
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe with SLI+FX-57
ASUS P5N32-E SLI + e6700+ SLId 8800GTXs

All I ever did was update the drivers and never loaded anything but drivers. I always use DriverCleaner before I upgrade the drivers.:D

:eek:

Thanks for the replies guys. They pretty much show what I've been trying to tell knuckleheads all over the place. The drivers are NOT perfect and have little to minor niggling problems but considering how much hardware it represents, that's to be expected. I have a glitch that as I set my Center Speaker to "Above the Monitor", each time I reboot, it's set back to "Below the Monitor". So I'm supposed to say they suck because of this minor issue? Lists some others Guys?

The last real bad Creative Drivers I've used were with the Audigy 1's, I suspect part of the problem might be the card as well. Even with 3rd party drivers I saw it slow my Bud's Linux rig. It slows down my Daughter's old P4 1.7GHz Windows 2K Pro rig.

Audigy 2 had improved drivers over the Audigy 1 and Audigy 2 ZS over the Audigy 2. X-FI drivers were a Mixed bag because it launched during Chipset and motherboard transitions. Though the drivers aren't perfect, the Drivers, the Platforms, DirectX and the OS have come a long way since SBLive on 686B were corrupting HDD and BSOD were making folks want to stop using a computer.

Last but not least, for some folks with Nvidia 32X boards that shipped AFTER X-Fi to be crying and whining about not getting support, is BS and a joke IMHO! Trying to say this WHOLE line of card's drivers are bad because of the problems with that platform just ain't right! Again. I installed all off the software on my rig to show some guys that it worked. They were shocked it ran without problems, how fast it ran and how simple it was to use. 90% of the settings stuck! The drivers work, are not bad and no, I never got a BSOD after exiting the DVD-Audio player LOL!:D

Does that mean Creative's drivers suck because that glitch is so bad?

Does that mean Creative's drivers suck because that glitch is so bad?

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&message.id=43543
http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&message.id=84144
http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&message.id=54392
http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&message.id=51745
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1142427

No their driver isn't suck, we just need to expect these glitches :D

I don't understand why did you start this thread, you asked them whether their driver works or not. How about asking for their opinion, do they think that the driver is good or it still needs improvement? The fact that people are always wanting for a driver's update shows that people are still not satisfied with the current driver.

My drivers work like a charm and they also play nice with my onboard sound card that i use for ventrilo while gaming.

This is the only problem I have. But I use the digital out so rarely that it doesn't bother me.

No their driver isn't suck, we just need to expect these glitches :D

Then you should expect better from nVidia as well.

1st link
Exchanging the computer's power supply into a stronger one of a known brand solved the problem for many customers. It is also the first time that I ever saw this option in 10 years PC usage. I set this from auto to heavy and up till now my card works.

I bought my Antec 550W (mid-ranged at best) for $76. Let's see, I have AthlonFX 62 type performance with a none overclocked system for a fraction of the cost, me = Happy!

Fixed 3 computers this way without doing anything to the card or the drivers. One was a older Thermaltake, TTGI and Coolermaster. The newer Multi-Rail Power supplies kick ass as well.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1073999&postcount=11
I think any thread on Auzentech cards is incomplete without pointing out the utter disregard for fixing problems with their software. Each time a new card comes out, they totally abandon their previous card. If you don't believe me, take a look at their drivers section. They're all beta drivers, that have been beta for months, and no updates are forthcoming. As a disappointed owner of their previous generation card, I feel obligated to drill a hole in the hype.

http://www.auzentech.com/site/download/updates.php

jimwhite 12-20-06 10:43 AM
If you CAREFULLY read the stuff on the Sound Blaster forums, especially about SCP on the X-FI's, you'll realise that your reading drivle from pimple-faced teen and sub-teen morons who are running "game" machines built on a highschool-budget with inadequate powersupplies, extremely over-clocked CPU's and a total lack of understanding when it comes to PCI slots and IRQ sharing.... did you forget about on-board devices on the PCI bus?? FWIW, my X-FI Elite Pro simply WORKS, it has NEVER given me any serious problems in two different Intel based motherboards.

:cool:

I can show you hunthousands of these but I'd NOT want to clog up the forum:)

This.

Well I unistalled that Mediasource thing an the clicking has gone.

Note, why are you still posting links to that thread? The guy has FIXED his NOT having any drivers LOL! The X-Fi doesn't need the original disc to install the card. You can use either Creative Media Source 4 or 5. He switched and his card worked.

I bought one, caused blue screens and never installed right (using rig in my sig). Returned it and found out all of them would have the same problem (via creative forums) so I just gave up and went with a modded Live!.

To this day I wish it would have worked, but even if I do get one that installs correctly I hear theres a bad crackling issue when the system is under load.

The fact that people are always wanting for a driver's update shows that people are still not satisfied with the current driver.

That does not mean people are unsatisfied we ALWAYS want new drivers wether its working good or not there is always room to improve especially with sound and video drivers.

I bought one, caused blue screens and never installed right (using rig in my sig). Returned it and found out all of them would have the same problem (via creative forums) so I just gave up and went with a modded Live!.

To this day I wish it would have worked, but even if I do get one that installs correctly I hear theres a bad crackling issue when the system is under load.

Yes that is a good reason to NOT mess with it. NO sound card is worth screwing up your whole system over. But what's been going on here, is that folks are saying stuff like, it doesn't work on mine so the Card and the Drivers suck. That's just NOT right, right?

Installed fine on my Opteron 165/LANParty UT nF4 Ultra-D rig. And that's with my Chaintech AV710 installed simultaneously and a relatively dirty Windows install - this install used to have my onboard sound setup, as well. So it's the third soundcard in this system, and everything went swimmingly.

I can't speak to digital out or surround sound, since I only use 2.1/headphones, but CMSS-3D, EAX, etc. all work fine. Haven't had any crackling "under load" - and since I run two instances of F@H, my CPU is constantly at 100%, and CoD2 damn near maxes out my graphics, so...

My only complaint is that the interface is really cheesy, especially in Gaming mode.

edit - this is a base XtremeGamer.

I have an Audigy2 and their volume control takes several second to come up (something like that should be near instant). Very annoying, especially since it automatically disabled the windows control every time your reboot.

I have an Audigy2 and their volume control takes several second to come up (something like that should be near instant). Very annoying, especially since it automatically disabled the windows control every time your reboot.

Bigger and badder systems haved had fewer problems. That's just the way it is.

Card: X-Fi Xtreme music
Motherboard: Asus P5B Deluxe Wi-fi
Operating system: Windows Vista RC2
Driver version: 6.0.1.1261
Works: Yes

My only complaint is that it takes about 5 seconds for the Audio Console to appear after double clicking its icon. A quibble, really...

Card: X-Fi Xtreme music
Motherboard: Asus P5B Deluxe Wi-fi
Operating system: Windows Vista RC2
Driver version: 6.0.1.1261
Works: Yes

My only complaint is that it takes about 5 seconds for the Audio Console to appear after double clicking its icon. A quibble, really...
Guys, no point for posting that because the OP thinks that if you have any complaint, the driver is not at fault but your system is "weak" or not good enough for the great Creative's products.
Bigger and badder systems have have fewer problems. That's just the way it is.
This
Donnie27 said:
....I gave up on trying to help folks on these weak platforms because I gave up on weak platform myself....
This
....You damned right there are weak platforms. These problematic motherboards have nothing to do with Creative or any Card.....
...Had you asked I could have told you I dumped an A8N 32 SLI because SCP and other glitches. Those other GLITCHES is why I called it a Weak Platform....
This
Donnie27 said:
Why not look at who's NOT having problems and try to figure out why? Yet you have folks here pissed when I talked about Weak platforms....
This
Donnie27 said:
....Yet, I had ZERO SCP with my older A8N SLI (two 8X slots). Mine had SCP with nothing more than an X1800XT, not Dual Chip Card or Dual Cards. In fact, NONE of the nVidia software worked at all. Yet guys asked why I call them WEAK PLATFORMS. All of my Intel software works and causes my Sound cards NO problems at all.
And this
Donnie27 said:
Then I guess you did forget since BOIS flashes seem to be fixing some of those same weak platforms LOL!...
I think that's enough

Why do you even care? They have minor flaws like any other driver. My ATi drivers have flaws, gets updated once a month, and takes a few seconds to load, but I still think they are great drivers. The point being is that X-Fi drivers should be considered "good", but obviously nothing is perfect...

I think the 5 seconds delay would have been shorter if I had a faster CPU, yes. I'm running a Core 2 Duo @ 3.2Ghz and the CPU-meter maxes out for one core when starting the console. It's not really enough of a nuisance to be bothered with, as I seldom alter my settings.

All in all I'm very happy with my card, though it does kind of put Mp3's to shame. Thank God for lossless compression. :D

Bigger and badder systems have have fewer problems. That's just the way it is.

I have a 3ghz p4 with 3GB of ram. Its plenty big and bad enough to run a volume applet. There are games on my system that load faster than creatives volume control. :p

Nforce 4 Ultra mobo + X-Fi Plat and I have had no problems at all with any of the drivers from Creative.I have had this card for near 3 months and I am very happy with it,and its performance in games and playing music.No crackling,no nothing,just great audio.

On my Shuttle SB75G2, I didn't have a single problem installing the X-Fi drivers and programs and haven't had any problems using them, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back