Corsair 6400c4 Issues - What should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing Conroe benchmarks and being due for a PC upgrade I thought it was time to build a new system. Although I've never posted on this forum, I use it for information from time to time and like many people here I have been building systems since 486 dx 33v days. Over the years I have learned the hard way the importance of quality ram and knew whatever I do, I shouldn't try to cut corners on the ram.

So I order my Conroe CPU, a 775 motherboard, and some Corsair TWIN2X1024-6400C4 4-4-4-12 ram and re-use my nvidia 8800. I originally wanted 2 Gigs of ram and there was a decent amount to choose from for low prices like 200 bucks but I knew if I went with cheap ram I'd be hurting later. I see the $152 for one gig Corsair 4-4-4-12 and just know that I can count on this ram to not only be fast but rock stable as well since Corsair is supposed to be to ram as Lexus or BMW is to cars.

After getting my system set up with the ram at 800mhz @ 4-4-4-12, I notice I'm getting some popping and slight freezing with this e6600 core2duo and geforce 8800 that I didn't have before with a athlon 3500+ and geforce 8800 & OCZ ram plus a few hard locks while gaming. I start to think to myself, what could be the problem? Are core2's really not that good? Did my non-overclocked graphics card thats 1 month old start to die on me? It surely can't be the ram, I did buy quality Corsair ram and read review after review of hardware sites being sent samples of the exact ram I bought and running it at 1000-1100mhz and I was only running it at 800mhz.

After doing over multiple days of solid investigation low and behold I find out IT'S THE RAM. I test some friends Crucial Ballistix pc6400 and it works fine. But thats when I start to become angry, I've spent days trying to figure out whats wrong with my system only to find out instead of paying $152 for premium quality ram, I have been sold made in mexico ram thats running so close to maximum tolerance you can breath on it wrong and cause system instability.

This is where in my eyes the fraud comes in. When a car company gets it's automobiles reviewed for safety, they don't specially pick out a car with twenty airbags and make sure it gets into the hands of Consumer reports then sells you one with zero. I think that would be considered fraud and many lawsuits would be filed.

Do memory companies think it's ok to make sure the best Micron memory chips they can find get into the hands of all hardware review sites then sell you a completely different product using the same model name and price? That is not "bait and switch", it is straight up fraud. Why would I pay $152 for one gig of unstable ram thats running far too close to max tolerance when I can pay $202 dollars for two gigs of unstable ram from many other vendors?

I've read Corsair's response on this forum (today) and don't believe it to be sufficient at all:

"Corsair will replace your 6400C4Ds with 8500C5Ds, which are Micron based, for the difference in price. To take advantage of this offer, please write me an email with the subject line “6400C4D” and include a copy of your receipt. NOTE: This offer is only valid for people with receipts dated November 28th, 2006 or earlier."

I fail to see how a date of November 28 has any significance on the issue whatsoever. Considering the sheer amount of time it's taken me to diagnose this problem and the fact that it seems Corsair has purposely mislead the consumer in the first place I would refuse to pay any price difference for the item I was purposely mislead into thinking I would receive. Theres a pretty large difference in memory with a tolerance up to 800-1200 mhz and memory that doesn't even meet it's rated tolerance.

BMW does not sell cars with KIA engines and even if they did you would still be getting 75% decent quality parts for the rest of the car. When the sole component of your item for sale is memory, you can't metaphorically swap out the entire car and act like nobody will notice.

So this is my ultimatum for Corsair, you either give me the product I was mislead into buying or I will go out of my way to prevent people from buying Corsair products again.

- David Muller

Are you sure you didnt just get a bad stick?

Bad ones happen to even the best, and thats why there is the lifetime warranty to back it up so you can get it replaced for a working one....

Plus it seems they are being good enough to rectify the situation, something most companies would not do.

Yep, replaced with ones that will meet spec or upgraded at cost difference, lifetime.

Your car analogy is awfull, American car manufactures use engines and other components built in several different plants or from different suppliers at the final assembly factory, GM in particular. Otherwise when the widget factory burns down, you are out of business.

If the sticks are bad, or do not perform to published specs they will be cheerfully replaced.

You may have been building machines a long time but apparently havent been building a LOT of them or the concept of sole sourced and its dangers would be apparent to you.

Think I will keep what I think you should do to myself.

Multi-sourcing isn't a problem unless the disparity is so large that we are comparing tank engines and go-kart engines, which unfortunately is the case.

Are you sure you didnt just get a bad stick?

Bad ones happen to even the best, and thats why there is the lifetime warranty to back it up so you can get it replaced for a working one....

Plus it seems they are being good enough to rectify the situation, something most companies would not do.

A bad stick can cause all of the issues you're experiencing. Bad sticks do pop up from time to time, even with the best manufacturers.

I've been lucky in that I've never had to replace the memory, but t's usually the motherboard that goes bonkers on me and it sucks having to wait on that one!

Anyway, I'm not sure I understand how you would question if a Core 2 is not that good because of a system freeze or lock-up. I've never built a computer that didn't have at least one freeze or lock up, but maybe I'm doing something wrong :(

Unless the vendor you bought the memory from explicitly stated that Micron chips were used in those sticks you bought, you can't blame anybody but yourself for expecting a specific IC in a world where memory ICs change on a day to day basis.

Since the company is extending you the courtesy of offering replacement AND upgrades at a discounted cost, I don't think you have any reason at all to complain. Many tech companies don't even offer replacement programs for their products. Manufacturing processes are bound to have some products roll off the assembly line that are defective, and it happens to every company.

If your replacement ram is just as bad as this first pair, you can come here to bitch. Otherwise, suck it up.

Bad sticks are the problem. Selling slow ram with cas4 advertised speed which comes too close to max tolerance to be stable. That is a bad stick. It's not an isolated incident, theres just not enough headroom on these sticks to be sold as cas4. I do not wan't a replacement thats going to be the exact same. Yes it's stable enough to boot into windows and look at webpages, not stable enough to not get hiccuping in games, generate errors, or freeze randomly once or twice a day depending which way the wind blows. Not something you should have to deal with concerning Corsair, especially when G.Skill and several other vendors offer 2gigs equal or better memory for $202 vs $152 for what you pay Corsair for 1 gig.

I'm sure a Corsair rep will be in here soon enough to get this matter sorted out.

Any company is able to change chipset specs at their leisure.. The promo chips were sold at the original specs. Would it have been nice to be advised of the change? Yes.. However, welcome to life. It happens, take a breath and get over it. I would RMA the set, OR ask to see if you can return and pay the difference to get a micron set from whatever company. Would it be nice to have that company change it out for free (to a point) yes, however there is an ABUNDENCE of threads and sites that openly tell you that those chips while initially micron, were changed to promos.

I'll use myself as an example. I have waited 2 months to make the transition to DDR2, and have done ALOT of reading / research. I would be miffed if I fell into the same situation, but you have to research the componets. Yes, a dead stick sucks.. but take a breath man.

First, I take great issue with the term "fraud" being used. I find that completely untrue and highly insulting.

Second, I keep saying this but nobody seems to hear it: WE NEVER SENT THE 6400C4D OUT FOR REVIEWS. Why not? Because it's not going to win any reviews. It's a mainstream part that performs to its rated spec and allows some decent headroom when latencies are relaxed. It still overclocks, but it's not going to beat our 8500C5D or any of our other Micron-based parts. This is how it was from the get go.

WE NEVER CLAIMED THE 6400C4D WAS MADE WITH MICRON. Not once. There are some out there, but for 99% of kits, you're getting PROMOS. We never said any different.

I'm getting quite tired of being accused of working for a bunch of thieves, liars, and degenerates. I think we've been QUITE fair in this matter. I regret that people feel the way they do, but we didn't do anything wrong, and what's more, we felt bad enough for our customers that felt that way that we launched a month-long exchange program that went above and beyond any responsibility to do so.

If you have a set of 6400C4Ds that does 4-4-4-12-2T @ 800 MHz @ 2.1V, you got exactly what you paid for.

Let me repeat that: YOU GOT EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR.

Now, if you didn't, and your modules are failing, or causing problems, I'll be the first one to suggest you RMA them to us for a set of memory that does what we claim it does. We don't guarantee overclocking results, nobody does. A lot of our high-end stuff overclocks exceptionally well, and PROMOS-based modules overclock moderately well if you drop the latency to 5-5-5-15 and try 2.2V. (which is well within warranty of +/-5%)

I don't mean to come across like an ass or anything, but I'm really getting tired of this. For some reason there was a perception that the 6400C4D was Micron-based. I never said that, nobody at Corsair ever said that, and in fact, the 6400C4D was never planned to be a Micron part. It never happened. I don't know where this even came from.

But I'd like to get my hands around the throat of whoever started that rumor, because it's all I've been doing for the past two months. I fought for the exchange program for you guys, I've brought up ways to solve any confusion in the future, and I'm going out of my way to do what I think the right thing to do for you guys is, and yet still, people cry "fraud!" and "bait and switch!" without even trying to bring it up in a responsible manner.

Cry fraud all you want, it won't make it true. Most of you guys are great. You guys love overclocking, building your own PCs, you love technology and learning about how to make something slightly better, and I understand new technology is expensive; trust me, I know. I know that spending $300 on a set of memory is not easy, and spending $400, $500, or $600 is out of the question for some of you guys. I feel for you and understand that. I won't fault you for using a cheaper solution, that's your right. I won't sit here and try to tell you that if you don't buy Corsair, you're not buying good memory. Other companies make good memory, too.

I happen to believe we work hardest and make the best. I know we make the fastest in the world. I know we have the best technology in the world. And what's more, I know we always try to do the right thing by the customer. Without you guys, we're nothing. We're a shack on the side of the road selling cherries. You guys made us what we are, and we appreciate this. We recognize this. We really do.

So, David, I have no problem doing this for you:
I will replace your memory with guaranteed functional memory. You bought 6400C4 memory, I will get you a set that I test personally. I'll even sign the back of the package and include a picture of me testing it. If you want, I'll include screenshots of the memory I send you passing our internal screen before I replace it. You know why I'm willing to do that? Because I have nothing to hide. You bought a part that you expected to perform at its rated specs, and we guarantee that it will do that.

The PROMOS ICs work fine at 6400C4, we've sold literally tens of thousands of them, and our RMA rate is insanely low. There are thousands upon thousands of people using the PROMOS ICs on the 6400C4 and 6400C4D modules without any problems whatsoever.

Let me know if you want to take us up on our offer, David. I guarantee you that you will get what you paid for.

What I won't do is give you a $400 part for your $300 price. I'm not about to make handouts, we can't stay in business by doing that. If you want a replacement set of 6400C4s that work fine, email me: [email protected]

Like I said, I have nothing to hide. I want you to get what you paid for. But please, don't accuse us of fraud. That's a loaded word, one which carries a hefty connotation. I'm not going to take that kindly.

I have to side with everyone else here - there is no fraud from what I can see here. First rule of overclocking (in my mind) has always been there are no guarantees. I remember people buying up Barton core AthlonXP 2500s because they were getting great overclocks, but there were a few people getting them, and they just wouldn't budge over spec. That happens. Stuff is rated to go only to its rating, warranted no further - if you get huge performance out of something cheap, wonderful! You just have to remember though: it is all a bonus. Where a $300 part can sometimes (with a little effort) leave you with performance of a $600 part, you can never forget that you still have the chance of only getting your money's worth and the performance of the part you bought.

As for the Rep's response, really, all I can say: nice. Good work on ensuring (and even going beyond) customer service. Really though, I wonder how long it took to write that response, pretty well worded and long and error-free for what seemed like a somewhat upset post.

As for the Rep's response, really, all I can say: nice. Good work on ensuring (and even going beyond) customer service. Really though, I wonder how long it took to write that response, pretty well worded and long and error-free for what seemed like a somewhat upset post.

It took me about 20 minutes to write it, and another 5 minutes to go through it again and remove all the profanity. :(

and another 5 minutes to go through it again and remove all the profanity. :(

Hahaha, I can understand that one - perhaps not 2 months straight of complaints, but yeah, I am glad you didn't, this being a family forum and you representing the company and all - but I would have understood. :D

the references to the auto industry make me laugh. seriously. it's completely and entirely DIFFERENT!

redbeard, good job on keeping relatively calm. you get props from me ;)

It's not fraud.. it a lack of research and to piggyback that expectations that exceed the amount of research / effort that were put into this build. I applaud what Redbeard has done (see prev. threads for continued outstanding representation and costumer service for Corsair Micro. and continues to do). Hence (for me), hoping that corsair releases a 4gig kit soon. I, and most of us would probably agree that you have every right to be upset over a dead stick.. it happens, but then again, so does poo. Work though it, and try not to pop your cork in a direction that is not necessarily appropriate.

For future reverence, a site you can use to see if a chipset uses promos, micron, etc, etc is http://ramlist.ath.cx/ddr2/, and there are others that are listed here in this forum (search). Not trying to be a wang when I say this, but I think an apology is in order. You were not wronged in any way, shape or form. Upset? I think all of use would be irked when a new build has issues / bad components, but to claim fraud is way out of line. Just my .002 cents.

Take the man up on his offer, apologize, say thank you for what he is willing to do, and continues to do and I hope your build finishes better than the start.

Echoing the rest of you... the OP was totally out of line.

We all want 100% working parts when we buy something, but the fact of the matter is that it's impossible to expect it. There could be a million things that happen from when it is shipped from Corsair's factories / QA -> Reseller -> You.

If it did work, but not at the ratings (for example, no probs @ 5-5-5 but doesn't work @ 4-4-4), it would be a diff. issue.

But if it does not work at all (have you run memtest86?) then you got a bad chip. RMA dude!

Don't be "that guy" who goes around bad mouthing. If you acted like a rational person, I'm sure things will be handled as they should be. You're making it harder for yourself.

That being said, I go around telling everyone how awesome Corsair is. Friends that ask me for hardware advice, I always recommend Corsair products.

Echoing the rest of you... the OP was totally out of line.

We all want 100% working parts when we buy something, but the fact of the matter is that it's impossible to expect it. There could be a million things that happen from when it is shipped from Corsair's factories / QA -> Reseller -> You.

If it did work, but not at the ratings (for example, no probs @ 5-5-5 but doesn't work @ 4-4-4), it would be a diff. issue.

But if it does not work at all (have you run memtest86?) then you got a bad chip. RMA dude!

Don't be "that guy" who goes around bad mouthing. If you acted like a rational person, I'm sure things will be handled as they should be. You're making it harder for yourself.

That being said, I go around telling everyone how awesome Corsair is. Friends that ask me for hardware advice, I always recommend Corsair products.

All right, now I understand where both sides are coming from. The OP is right in that for a long time, XMS has been promoted as special performance ram which overclocks well, and that that is not the case with these 6400c4's and 6400c4d's. However, the corsair rep is also right in that they never claimed that the chips use micron; that was not a selling point. So it is arguable as to whether the OP or the Corsair rep is right in this case. HOWEVER,

When a chip can't even run without errors at its rated speeds, and STILL gets errors even BELOW its rated speeds, that's not right.

When a LARGE AMOUNT of people are having the EXACT same problem, it is not only rude, but condenscending to go "You're a special case, you got a bad chip. It happens. Send it back and stop bitching."

AT THIS point, it is OBVIOUS that it is more then "the occasional bad chip." While I'm glad that corsair at least cares about their own company enough to have reps try to sort out the problems, they need to acknowledge that these problems shouldn't have happenned in the first place, and stop trying to act like every person who says they're having problems with this ram is a "special case." Corsair has acknowledged that there is something wrong with some batches in some threads, and in other threads are once again acting like it's a "special case?" This is what causes me to raise my brow. Go look at reviews on newegg and then try and tell me that we're all "special cases."

Now to those of you that are NOT having problems at the rated specs, I can't really back you up because you don't have a legal right to ask for a part that does more than it's supposed to, even if that image has been promoted. All retail products do that in their advertising.

But to the rest of us that really ARE having problems at stock settings, we're just looking for an acknowledgment that there IS a problem. We keep bringing it up because corsair keeps acting like there isn't, and that WE'RE bring unreasonable, and they're just being oh so generous by replacing defective ram. Once again I'm NOT TALKING ABOUT THE LACK OF OVERCLOCK ABILITY. I'M TALKING ABOUT THE LACK OF RUNNING AT IT'S STATED SPECS!!!! SO GET THAT STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU BITCH AT ME! Don't just kiss ass because he's a corsair rep, look at everything fair and balanced.

Yes, people that are not having problems at stock settings should stop bitching and giving the corsair reps a hard time.

But there IS a real issue here with these sticks, and "you got bad luck, stop bitching and rma." really is incorrect and rude.

I dont think that anybody is bitching at you (or anybody else for that matter). For me, and I like to over simplify things, if I purchase a stick or sticks of RAM, and they dont work at rated specs, it't time to return / RMA them. Does it suck.. absolutly, and I would be irked over that. The initial chips were micron based, then "due to supply and demand", the chips where changed to promos. Is there a sig. difference between those two with regards to overclocking... YES, however, it is up to the company to make sure that those chips run at rated / advertised speed. Having the ability to overclock ANYTHING is a gift, and some do better than others. It is NOT up to the manufacturer to give us anything beyond what the product is rated for.

From my perspective, do some individuals have issues with that memory stick, yes. Is it an overwhelming number compared to the sheer number of people that have bought them? I dont see that as of yet. I dont see anybody kissing anybodies proverbial "ass". It's great that those individuals are here to help solve issues that their companies put out to us. They dont have to be here, but here they are, and from this persons opinion have done a great job at solving issues, and promoting their perspective compaines at the same time (Corsair, OCZ, and Buffalo).

Here is my response.

First of all I would like to say, for any readers, the only word you can trust in this thread is my own and the person's name with "Corsair Rep" next to it. That would be because we are both obviously the parties who we claim. There is a large, abnormal amount of "don't talk about this", "here I will edit your post for you", "maybe you are crazy" going on in this thread. Corsair employee's posting anonymously? Advertising revenue profiteers? People on the take? Or just rabid hardware fans? I do not know the answer and I do not make accusations, just an acknowledgment of possibilities.

Having said that, I would like to ask, does Corsair consider itself an upscale, quality product? Is a ram module that sometimes does and sometimes doesn't operate within 1% of it's maximum tolerance manufactured on a large scale considered a quality product?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe DDR-800 is the fastest current JEDEC standard and cas 5 would be standard DDR-800. When someone purchases the fastest current JEDEC standard ram and goes one step further to purchase cas4 instead of 5, I believe they should not be receiving budget ram. Here is a random quote I found online about Promos memory chips "Promos or Elpida chips which are really really bad IC's and not worth the money (Even if the price was cut by half, i wouldn't get them)". Should a company such as Corsair that represents itself as a producer of "quality leading-edge products" not only be using modules such as these but charging premium prices for them as well? Is it even possible to find someone who has something good to say about Promos without clicking on their own website?

So as you can see it is not hard to see why I, and possibly others feel screwed. All that I have said so far was with assumption that Micron memory modules never were used in Corsair 6400c4 ram. Would I prefer you use ram from a Boise, Idaho company instead of chips from a Taiwanese whatever they call those shops nowadays? Probably. Would it matter to me personally in this issue if the Taiwanese chips were anywhere near as good quality as the ones from Boise, Idadho? No.

Your own tech support manager seems to support what I have to say:

""Manufacturer Response:January 18, 2007. Newegg has brought to our attention the number of complaints about DOA modules. This is an extremely unusual situation for us since we pride ourselves on manufacturing high quality modules. This afternoon at our request, Newegg shipped its entire inventory of TWIN2X2048-6400C4 modules back to Corsair for evaluation. We have replaced these parts with specially screened replacements, and we are 100% confident that these parts contain zero defects. While we investigate this issue, we are instituting an additional 100% stress test immediately prior to shipment to Newegg.

Nobody is perfect, but we try very, very hard to be just that. And the entire team here at Corsair is 100% committed to supplying the highest quality RAM in the world. Our sincere apologies to anyone who received a defective module.

Best regards,
John Kruse, Corsair Tech Support Manager
[email protected]""

So let this be a lesson, you can't use quality parts in the past then switch to cheaper ones in the future to increase your profit margin while trying to make sales based on reputation alone, and you are not getting rid of me until I receive the quality product I paid for which does not happen to be Promos.

Here is the fine print for the module i purchased located at:
http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/specs/TWIN2X1024-6400C4.pdf

The first half is irrelevant since I'm not overclocking. The second half is interesting though:
"Corsair may periodically update the part with newer RAM revisions of same or greater performance".

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there does it make a sound? The answer is Yes.

If a quality RAM module is shipped then replaced with cheap Taiwanese RAM and assumed no one will notice, is it of same or greater performance? The answer is No.

Therefore I ask you either honor my request or get to work changing your fine print in a hurry.

- David Muller
Civil Attorney

If a quality RAM module is shipped then replaced with cheap Taiwanese RAM and assumed no one will notice, is it of same or greater performance? The answer is No.

Therefore I ask you either honor my request or get to work changing your fine print in a hurry.

- David Muller
Civil Attorney

David,

It wasn't replaced. It was that way from the get go. At no point did we claim it was a Micron part.

There are micron-based parts out there, but they are 1% of the total 6400C4/6400C4D line.

The 6400C4 and 6400C4D is guaranteed to run 4-4-4-12-2T @ 800 MHz @ 2.1V.

If yours doesn't, we'll gladly replace it with a set that does.

If yours DOES run that spec, then you got exactly what you paid for. This has nothing to do with PROMOS vs. MICRON, it has to do with a spec that you purchased.

If you bought a product that doesn't perform to its spec, we want to fix it, so give us a chance to do that. PROMOS parts perform at 800 MHz @ 4-4-4-12-2T @ 2.1V, and tens of thousands of customers have purchased it and had no complaints. Yes, a bad set gets out there occasionally, but our RMA percentage is extremely low, and the RMA rate of our PROMOS part is nearly identical to our MICRON parts.

We never presented it as a Micron-based part, and are not responsible for 3rd parties representing it as such.

Apparently you need to go back to page one, and see that they are MORE than willing to stand by their product, and pre-test your sticks, hand sign them, and ship them directly to your door.

If one fails to do that adequate amount of research to see that they have changed chips in their RAM module, whose fault is it? There were and continue to be several threads in a miriad of forums that advise one about these changes. Do you really expect a company to send an email out to everybody who bought a computer that they are changing chipsets? Whose fault is it really that you bought promos? If a chip fails at advertised speeds, RMA it. Plain and simple. It happens. The more chips, motherboards, videocards one sells, the more complaints there will be. Its a natural event due to the increased number of componets sold. There were issues with the 680i, IC7 series, NF7 series, 8500, that I can immediatly recall and it looked like they were terrible products based on what I initially saw in the forums due to the complaint, but after researching it, it was dueto the sheer number of componets sold.

Again, I'm sorry your build has issues, I know it sucks, but you can't yell "FRAUD" based on a bad stick, and a lack of research on the consumers behalf. Take a breath, put your big boy pants on, replace the parts, and good luck on the build.

First of all I would like to say, for any readers, the only word you can trust in this thread is my own and the person's name with "Corsair Rep" next to it. That would be because we are both obviously the parties who we claim. There is a large, abnormal amount of "don't talk about this", "here I will edit your post for you", "maybe you are crazy" going on in this thread. Corsair employee's posting anonymously? Advertising revenue profiteers? People on the take? Or just rabid hardware fans? I do not know the answer and I do not make accusations, just an acknowledgment of possibilities.

So you say the only people you can trust is yourself and the Corsair Rep, but yet you use a random quote from the internet and take it for Gospel about the Promo and Elpida IC's. Add insult to injury, you don't even list where the quote came from....ah, stupid me, that's why it's random! You believe corsair employee's are posting anonymously? You're getting good answers from regular people that's been on this board for a very long time. Last time I checked, you were the only noobie that's posted in this thread. The accounts weren't born yesterday and yes, I believe what you stated were accusations.

Your own tech support manager seems to support what I have to say:

""Manufacturer Response:January 18, 2007. Newegg has brought to our attention the number of complaints about DOA modules. This is an extremely unusual situation for us since we pride ourselves on manufacturing high quality modules. This afternoon at our request, Newegg shipped its entire inventory of TWIN2X2048-6400C4 modules back to Corsair for evaluation. We have replaced these parts with specially screened replacements, and we are 100% confident that these parts contain zero defects. While we investigate this issue, we are instituting an additional 100% stress test immediately prior to shipment to Newegg.

I don't think he agrees with you at all. He was talking about DOA modules. If yours does not run at rated speeds, RMA it. They can only back a part to it's rated speed. Anything higher is icing.

So let this be a lesson, you can't use quality parts in the past then switch to cheaper ones in the future to increase your profit margin while trying to make sales based on reputation alone, and you are not getting rid of me until I receive the quality product I paid for which does not happen to be Promos.

You paid for the RAM you received, whether it be Micron, Promos, or Elpida is irrelevant. It never claimed to be Micron. It either runs at rated speeds and works fine or it doesn't. I see no need for Corsair to redo their fine print.

But there IS a real issue here with these sticks, and "you got bad luck, stop bitching and rma." really is incorrect and rude.

:eek: I can read fine print and I found some in this thread. :D

So I order my Conroe CPU, a 775 motherboard, and some Corsair TWIN2X1024-6400C4 4-4-4-12 ram and re-use my nvidia 8800.
1. The items in question at Newegg are NOT the same memory referenced in this thread so we just forget all about that.
2. You have been offered a hand tested set of memory guaranteed to run at spex which is all anyone is guaranteed when they buy memory.
3. Our rep has offered to upgrade you from a 1gb kit to a 2gb kit with no hassles.
4. You did not make a "request", you delivered an ultimatum.;)

FWIW, our Promos based memory is not made with "average" Promos ICs and, they actually do OC pretty well with a little know how.

-Michael Clements
Corsair Employee

Here is my response.

half, i wouldn't get them)". Should a company such as Corsair that represents itself as a producer of "quality leading-edge products" not only be using modules such as these but charging premium prices for them as well? Is it even possible to find someone who has something good to say about Promos without clicking on their own website?
Probably. Would it matter to me personally in this issue if the Taiwanese chips were anywhere near as good quality as the ones from Boise, Idadho? No.

THANK YOU. I feel like I'm in some fucking MAD TV sketch where the insane people act like the only sane person is the crazy one. There's no way that people are this fucking unreasonable and illogical only about this subject. We got defective ram and we're the fucking unreasonable ones, and corsair is oh so generous for rma'ing it? fuck that.

Watching you all twist what we say into an illogical point that has nothing to do with what we were saying in the first place is REALLY starting to fuckin piss me off, and you all keep doing that.

IF I HEAR ONE MORE FUCKING "YOU ARE AN ISOLATED INCIDENT, THERE'S NO PROBLEM" DIRECTED TOWARDS ANYONE WHO BOUGHT THIS RAM, I WILL NEVER BUY CORSAIR AGAIN, NOR USE IT IN ANY OF MY CUSTOMERS COMPUTERS.

OBVIOUSLY, somewhere over there at corsair, it has been acknowledged that there IS a problem, or else they wouldn't have replaced neweggs inventory. Don't FUCKING insult my intelligence and tell me there isn't a problem. And we all know that promos parts are fucking garbage, don't try and tell us they aren't. I'm done playing these fucking word games.

THANK YOU. I feel like I'm in some fucking MAD TV sketch where the insane people act like the only sane person is the crazy one. There's no way that people are this fucking unreasonable and illogical only about this subject. We got defective ram and we're the fucking unreasonable ones, and corsair is oh so generous for rma'ing it? fuck that.

Watching you all twist what we say into an illogical point that has nothing to do with what we were saying in the first place is REALLY starting to fuckin piss me off, and you all keep doing that.

IF I HEAR ONE MORE FUCKING "YOU ARE AN ISOLATED INCIDENT, THERE'S NO PROBLEM" DIRECTED TOWARDS ANYONE WHO BOUGHT THIS RAM, I WILL NEVER BUY CORSAIR AGAIN, NOR USE IT IN ANY OF MY CUSTOMERS COMPUTERS.

OBVIOUSLY, somewhere over there at corsair, it has been acknowledged that there IS a problem, or else they wouldn't have replaced neweggs inventory. Don't FUCKING insult my intelligence and tell me there isn't a problem. And we all know that promos parts are fucking garbage, don't try and tell us they aren't. I'm done playing these fucking word games.

Well, this certainly illustrates the diversity of the F-word. ;)

HOLY SHIT I'M CRAZIER THAN A SHITHOUSE RAT

Jesus dude, what the hell is wrong with you?

They offer to replace the part: you scream at them.
They state that the failure rates are identical: you scream at them.

Do you want them to come to your house and massage your "happy place" until you calm down?

Damuman, what would you like us to do?

I've told you the truth multiple times in multiple threads, you don't want to believe me?

What would make you happy at this point?

:confused: Redbeard, I have already been in personal contact with Damuman (Alex) and he seemed to be perfectly happy with our customer service efforts. He has a seperate RMA with a DIFFERENT PRODUCT than what is listed by the OP in this thread. So, I cannot figure out why he is here ranting and raving in someone else's thread that has nothing to do with him or his product he bought.:confused:

You imply that you run a business. Is this how you represent yourself? We have been far more than reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back