My Crysis Adventure (56k...no.)

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Wow...i'm pretty much speechless right now. By far one of the coolest games i've ever played...can't believe i'm saying that about a D E M O !! The atmosphere, graphics, sound, gameplay...its all there, and its miles above anything else i've seen! It seemed to run well on setup as well (1680x1050, everything on very high except water and particles which were at medium) Ranged from 20-50fps, but was usually around 30. Not bad for a two year old system! I don't know how people with 8800GTX's are running into framerate issues...Anyways, i'm gonna let my sceens speak for themselves because I can go on and on about how great the game is...but what fun is that? I really want to see this game in DX10 so i'll probably upgrade before I play the final version. Hopefully the new NV card will be out around the same time so I can get to work on a new rig!

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Parked the Humvee in the shack...yeah I missed and knocked down a whole section!
3.jpg

Whoops!
Untitled-3.jpg

Here we have a shack with a beach front view for only $10,000
Untitled6.jpg

*snif snif* do you smell gas?
Untitled7.jpg

Ok, i'll give you the coffee maker and some scrap metal for 50 bucks.
Untitled8.jpg

I found a turtle!
turtle.jpg

Parked two jeeps between a barrel full of highly flamable oil and chucked a nade'
jeeps.jpg

Face detail!
face.jpg

Told ya your computer would handle at least medium settings. :p Nice pictures and I did the same with the Humvee. :)

nice to see it is running fairly well on an 'older' rig. That face detail is very impressive

Wtf? X1950XTX giving those results? Howcome my X1950pro fails?
I had everything on Medium, No AA at 1280x1024 and got 20FPS max.

Very nice screens.
And I totally agree about the game, its going to be incredible. Really looking forward to it.

Time to save up for a 8800GT or maybe I'll wait for AMD's new batch.

I was going to say you beat my 8800 but I think in Vista it defaults to DX10 or at least I think i was playing in DX10. But your screens look better. Hell I don't know. But I am thinking I need to get around to OC this Opty 170

hey, if u can run it on that res with your system, that would make it very possible for me to run it fairly smoothly on my system at 1024x768 everything maxed no AA.:D:D:D

-EDIT- then again, i'm gonna be running it in DX10 :(

I thought I was badass and set everything to very high, but got a slideshow. Ran the auto-detect, which set it to medium and 1024x768 and now I get about 15-20fps. I guess I can forget about running at native 1920x1080.

I was going to say you beat my 8800 but I think in Vista it defaults to DX10 or at least I think i was playing in DX10. But your screens look better.

The screens were probably shrunk down in Photoshop so they were smoothed out.

What is the default key and location for saved screenshots? It gives me an error in the ingame console and I can't find them anywhere. Thanks

Vista defaults the game to DX10 mode if you have a DX10 card, you can create a shortcut to the crysis.exe in bin32 folder, and add -dx9 to force DX9 mode on 8x00 nvidia & 2x00 ati cards

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! OP that is VERY good for your system!!!!

I run it @ all high, no AA @ 1280x1024 and I vary from 25fps in very heavy combats to about 30-45 fps while just walking around.

Oh and also some fucking how it runs better when I run it @ 1280x1024 with everything on high that 1024x768 with 2xAA and mostly high with a few mediums.

When I first played the demo, I thought the performance was horrible, but then I started it up for the second time and got into it... MUAHAHAHAHAHHAA... MUAHAHAHAHHAHHA

lozl! Crysis is great, if it run smoothly that is.

I guess it just has problems with NV cards now, i'm sure once a patch/drivers come out the 8800GTX will run it very smooth at high-very high. Doubt you can crank up AA though

I guess it just has problems with NV cards now, i'm sure once a patch/drivers come out the 8800GTX will run it very smooth at high-very high. Doubt you can crank up AA though

Lol, and it was developed with nVidia... :p

BTW - in you OP you say "very high" - but how can that be, lol? Very High is DX10, maybe you meant high?

Lol, and it was developed with nVidia... :p

BTW - in you OP you say "very high" - but how can that be, lol? Very High is DX10, maybe you meant high?

Yeah I meant high, sorry! Also my CPU is at stock speeds (2.0Ghz) I wonder if it'll actually perform better if I overclock it. Seems to be heavily GPU based though, esp at 1680x1050

Yeah I meant high, sorry! Also my CPU is at stock speeds (2.0Ghz) I wonder if it'll actually perform better if I overclock it. Seems to be heavily GPU based though, esp at 1680x1050

lulz :p

Yeah my CPU was only about at 60% load, however saying that my GPU temp was lower (and it was overclocked to ~620/2000) than in Bioshock! Surprising... or maybe the ambient is lower brrrrr... :D

Anyone discover any easter eggs around the island? If you look around when you're in free fall in teh begining, you can see the alien spaceship zoom by

hopefully my 256mb x1800xt won't be a bottleneck for this system, looking forward to putting everything on max and watch my system chug along. the pictures are nothing less than breathtaking. Bioshock was really overated and overhyped imho.

Anyone discover any easter eggs around the island? If you look around when you're in free fall in teh begining, you can see the alien spaceship zoom by

Really? Where did you see it at?

I'm assuming its right before or during the whole "OH FUCK MY CHUTE!" part.

I would think it would be here:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Sandbox2 Installer

Ah cool, thanks. How do you access it though? I installed it but I guess its not a stand-alone program like it was in Far Cry?

Yay I has the Editor now! Dono what I'm gonna do though... :rolleyes::D

here is the Alien, btw I think it's one of those "small" aliens, not a spaceship.
Crysis2007-10-2716-15-32-81DesktopR.jpg

Crysis2007-10-2716-15-33-26DesktopR.jpg

Crysis2007-10-2716-15-33-68DesktopR.jpg

Crysis2007-10-2716-15-33-75DesktopR.jpg

Really? Where did you see it at?

I'm assuming its right before or during the whole "OH FUCK MY CHUTE!" part.

I was under the impression one of the aliens is what happens to your chute?

Or was I just tired?

Yea I fugured it was an alien but I refer to general FUBAR issues as an "OH FUCK" situation.

I.E. in Halo:CE end of level 1 "OH FUCK DROPSHIP" or in say The Maw "OH FUCK REACTORS!"

....yea

This game is killing my rig, 7900GS at the moment, 8800 GTS 640MB in the mail ... but even with that, it won't probably be very smooth at 1920x1200 ...

After problems even getting the game to properly switch to 1920x1080 (it would not fill the screen have black bars on both sides of the screen and eventually freeze the game, not Vista), I found that if you alt-enter a few times, it will eventually go full screen properly.

After updating to the Nvidia Crysis drivers 169.01, and set to High, I now get about 10-15fps rather than 1 fps. I also noticed my CPU and only one of my 8800GTSs get hot. I don't believe both cores and/or SLI are supported, as others have noticed too. Funny thing is, Bioshock causes everything on my system to heat up.

After problems even getting the game to properly switch to 1920x1080 (it would not fill the screen have black bars on both sides of the screen and eventually freeze the game, not Vista), I found that if you alt-enter a few times, it will eventually go full screen properly.

After updating to the Nvidia Crysis drivers 169.01, and set to High, I now get about 10-15fps rather than 1 fps. I also noticed my CPU and only one of my 8800GTSs get hot. I don't believe both cores and/or SLI are supported, as others have noticed too. Funny thing is, Bioshock causes everything on my system to heat up.

Same here - somehow my rig is hotter after Bioshock, maybe because the fan settings are different, but then again - the GPU is OC'd.

I was under the impression one of the aliens is what happens to your chute?

Or was I just tired?

Probably. When your on the radio with Aztec, he tells you how he is caught in a tree because something took a swipe at him on his way down.

On the other hand, the whole premises of chutes is funny...since your doesnt work, so your CO just tells you to relax, as a fall from 30,000ft and landing in water at terminal velocity is no problem, the suit will protect you....WTF? the suit can protect you from injury when hitting water from 30,000ft at terminal velocity? Bloody hell, at 200ft, hitting water is like hitting concrete...yet the bloody suit on maximum armor cant even take as many rifle hits as the kevlar the koreans have?

I love the demo, just as much as i loved Far Cry demo back then
Graphics are fantastic... running everything High @ 800*600 looks pretty fuckin good

Gameplay wise, kickass for me... love grabbing someone and using him as a shield

The downside is i wont play it until next year :( (early march) since im going 3 months on a trip wont have my pc ... good side is i will be upgrading my pc when i get, so i ll get all in very high dx10 at native ress :D

Probably. When your on the radio with Aztec, he tells you how he is caught in a tree because something took a swipe at him on his way down.

On the other hand, the whole premises of chutes is funny...since your doesnt work, so your CO just tells you to relax, as a fall from 30,000ft and landing in water at terminal velocity is no problem, the suit will protect you....WTF? the suit can protect you from injury when hitting water from 30,000ft at terminal velocity? Bloody hell, at 200ft, hitting water is like hitting concrete...yet the bloody suit on maximum armor cant even take as many rifle hits as the kevlar the koreans have?

Yeah but it did open a bit, so it probably was not as fast as "terminal velocity".

I gave up on it, it doesn't seem to like SLIed 7950gt cards.

I had it working for a while on low settings(30-60fps) and high(8-10fps), but it wouldn't work at all on medium.

Anyone else trying SLI with it?

I run Fear at like 105 fps per fraps so I would have thought it would work somewhat.

and the vid cards aren't OCed at all now, so that isn't the issue.

I gave up on it, it doesn't seem to like SLIed 7950gt cards.

I had it working for a while on low settings(30-60fps) and high(8-10fps), but it wouldn't work at all on medium.

Anyone else trying SLI with it?

I run Fear at like 105 fps per fraps so I would have thought it would work somewhat.

and the vid cards aren't OCed at all now, so that isn't the issue.

I read somewhere that the demo has issues with SLI (it actually decreases performance, in some cases)..

I read somewhere that the demo has issues with SLI (it actually decreases performance, in some cases)..

Either it's just the multiplayer BETA that was bad, or d/l the Forceware 163.75 Beta fixed the issues because I D/L the Single player Demo and It ran fine on medium at 35-45 fps.The graphics are pretty much stunning. I need to get speedfan back on my G15 keyboard, so I can monitor my vid cards temps while it's running and see if it's kicking their butts.

I'll definately be picking up a copy. MOH Airborn lasted me about 6 or 8 hours and I didn't really care for the multiplayer. Damn Americas Army has ruined me for anything else. I keep waiting for another game to match it's multiplayer fluidity. Fear wasn't bad. I have high hopes for COD 4. The demo was ultra smooth.

Back